Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Info on what we know about the console version so far Sourced Info

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
Post edited by catloverplayer on

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited September 2017
    This forum is so dead no one is responding.
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Im really disapointed about the fire meter, like super duper disapointed.
  • antonio26298antonio26298 Posts: 32 Member
    I'm disappointed with the fire metter too, but i understand that if you put a lot of objects and things the game can have lag... Well, i hope that this fire meter will be more big, we have Goth family with a very big house and a lot of objects and it will be on the game so... I think that this fire meter will be supporting more objects and constructions.
    I'm disappointed with the fire metter too, but i understand that if you put a lot of objects and things the game can have lag... Well, i hope that this fire meter will be more big, we have Goth family with a very big house and a lot of objects and it will be on the game so... I think that this fire meter will be supporting more objects and constructions.

I dont know, im put off by it either way only because of how bad/ irritating/buggy fire meters in previous console games have been. I wouldn't have though a current Gen console would have issues playing a game like the sims 4 any differently to a pc. My pc plays sims 4 perfectly fine and is lower in specs then a ps4 so i was shocked to see a post about a fire meter.
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member

What's a fire meter? Is it connected to fires? I always saw it in many comment section/discussions but I have no idea of what it is.
    TS1299 wrote: »

What's a fire meter? Is it connected to fires? I always saw it in many comment section/discussions but I have no idea of what it is.

Same question for me.
    edited September 2017

Same question for me.

A fire meter is basically a bar in the UI that limits you to how many objects you can have on one lot, when you place an object down the bar fills slightly. Basically once you have filled the bar (which in the past is really easy to do) the performance of the game starts to play up. It is for performance purposes basically. The reasons its called a fire bar is because in previous sims console games once its full and you carry on placing objects down fires would start to break out on the lot basically forcing you to delete objects to lower the fire bar. If your fire bar is full and you dont delete objects to lower it things will constantly catch on fire regardless of how many times you put the fires out.
    Post edited by Simsfan99111 on
    It was my worst nightmare in the sims 3 console:

Si2HL1Q.jpg
    The lighting patch that was added to the pc game back in 2016 that allows light to flow through windows will be included in the console version. I had a feeling it would as it was a patch and we have been told that all patched content will be included, i just haven't seen the lighting in any of the gameplay which is why i asked.

The lighting patch that was added to the pc game back in 2016 that allows light to flow through windows will be included in the console version. I had a feeling it would as it was a patch and we have been told that all patched content will be included, i just haven't seen the lighting in any of the gameplay which is why i asked.

Added to main post