Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stuff Pack name & icon vote results!

Comments

• applehartapplehart Posts: 83 Member
    I thought the laundry basket best represented the various ways in which we'll be able to do laundry in this pack, not just via wash machine/dryer. We will be able to hang dry, too, so the basket was best. No matter what you do with laundry, you need a basket.

But yeah, it looks like a cupcake. A yummy vanilla cupcake with ample frosting. I'm going to go make some cupcakes now (for real).
  • PianoCollectorPianoCollector Posts: 108 Member
    edited September 2017
    That's hilarious, I thought I was the only one who thought the laundry basket looks like a cupcake.
    Anyway, the icon is kinda cute, and I like the objects in the pack anyhow. Especially the antique Edison bulb light, which I'd name "Edisim's Old Timey bulb lamp" or something like that. :p

Edit: Great, now I really want a cupcake!
  • sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Mchap353 wrote: »
    I don't see a cupcake. I see a laundry basket, but then, I do a lot of laundry and don't eat cupcakes.

^^ Same :lol:
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    The item I voted for the only icon that will look good on a smaller scale got last I'm shocked. Now we get the icon that looks like a cupcake good job guys. DJozDfqVoAALL1k.jpg

If you don't like it, don't buy it.
    So insightful what would I do without your advice!
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    It figures I missed the Icon Vote, but whatever, I see the title I did pick came in 2nd anyway, so I will just wait for the end of this so called pack, to see if in fact I even want to bother to buy it now, Congrats to Everyone though who got the items they did want in the pack, I think I only got 1 or 2 items I picked, so not sure if I will even bother with this pack when it comes out, Enjoy your Sims 4 game, I am going back to the other games I have been playing, since I got Bored with My Sims 4 and have not played it in a very long time, take care All, Waves.
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    BMSO wrote: »
    That's cool the cupcake won. I can understand why the socks lost they do kind of look like broken hockey sticks. xD

Oh, I can tell you don't do laundry much. LOL That's what I thought it was, too, initially. But, I voted for it anyway, considering this was supposed to be an eco-pack. Doesn't hurt the environment one iota to hang dry your clothes, whereas some have issues with the use of a dryer. All I can say is towels dried in the machine are way, way softer.

For a person who missed about half of the votes, the title I selected, as well as the icon are ones I did vote for. I'm happy!

ETA: The whole one sock thing might have worked better, since many complain the machine eats a sock. The only socks I've ever 'lost' generally failed to either make it into the washer, or failed to make it from the washer to the dryer, for which I found them later. Been married and doing laundry for almost 44 years, now.

Lol, not since I had to sell my washer and dryer due to no hook ups in our apartment. Right.

I'm glad that title one, I voted for it too and considering Rustic life never really made sense since the pack was based on laundry but there is also a wash board and wash tub from the screen shot that I saw anyway.

Haha! I understand that. I've been married for six years now and every time clothes get lost I usually blamed the dryer until I find out that my husband has been using them as a cleaning rag. >>;
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• KlthfKlthf Posts: 230 Member
    I'm very glad with the title and the icon. However, it becomes increasingly difficult to unsee the cupcake. From now on I might put the cupcake machine in the laundry room of my Sims.
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    I'm so sad to have missed the vote, but I JUST got my power back after Hurricane Irma. The cupcake (or poo emoji) icon is definitely not my fave, but I don't care what it looks like, as long as we have the pack.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    i must be one of the few that pay very little attention to the icons
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I'm sorry I missed the vote. I was too busy with work to keep up with Twitter this past week, but I'm happy with the choices the majority made.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • iiomqilovesimsiiomqilovesims Posts: 281 Member
    lol how do y'all see the icon as a cupcake? i see laundry in a holed basket
  • PugLove888PugLove888 Posts: 674 Member
    edited September 2017
    I'm so sad to have missed the vote, but I JUST got my power back after Hurricane Irma. The cupcake (or poo emoji) icon is definitely not my fave, but I don't care what it looks like, as long as we have the pack.

@SageRainWillow , thank God I wasn't the only person who didn't at first see a laundry basket or a cupcake but instead saw a poop emoji! :D:D:D
    I'm glad you are safe after the hurricane! <3 Hope you didn't get too much damage!
    Home is where your Pugs are! <3
  • Honey_Pie_360Honey_Pie_360 Posts: 240 Member
    MissCherie wrote: »
    Please separate the BUCKET and SINK!
    2PKAmHk_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

It's fine as it is, it save space.

True...but since the bucket would be purely deco, having it separated from the sink would give you both options I.e if you want to save space,.you can place it under the sink ...and if you want to use it as a clutter object somewhere else you would be enabled to do that as well.
  • misschristine14misschristine14 Posts: 118 Member
    I'm happy with the cupcake icon. I voted for it because I liked that it looked more like a cupcake than laundry.
  • ashleyboxxyashleyboxxy Posts: 1 New Member
    The voting happened during the hurricane in Florida a whole state couldn't vote. :(
  • babybeaglecrzylifebabybeaglecrzylife Posts: 4 New Member
    now that this pack is coming to close, how bout some games we've been waiting for ^_^

I would like to see seasons pets and university.

Maybe in pets they will have horses again.... maybe more farm animal options too. Like goats, pigs (or teacup piglets lol). More lizards, snakes, dragons, anything you can think of as a pet you can have. Even wildlife like foxes, skunks, etc. Maybe even add a pet store. New jobs can be like: Pet store owner, shelter, groomer, vet, dog walker, trainer, pet shows, horse competitions again, farmer.

University Id like some more options added to the school degrees then what sims3 had. maybe a little more to the university life than sims3. maybe some new jobs can be added like professor, daycare, and elementary teacher. Would like both daycare and teacher jobs back in sims3. I know generations had daycare. But let there actually be a daycare facility. not in the sims house. or have both options. I miss the set up for the towns like in sims3. Sims4 reminds too much of sims2 with the whole crazy loading aspect. It'll cool too that there be small job options

For seasons it'll be awesome to not only have the 4 seasons and holidays back however other weather options. Instead of just rain, sun, snow. We can have with it: like earthquakes (anytime), rock slides, hurricane/hurricane weather (all), tornadoes (all), forest fires (summer), snow storms that locks sims inside houses (winter). Solar/lunar eclipses, meteor showers and maybe more dramatic thunderstorms. Then your normal Rainbows after rain lol. maybe create a few jobs like weatherman, news reporter, tornado chaser, etc.

An extra expansion pack would be great regarding other cultural parts of life like Agriculture. That will be really cool!! I loved how sims3 had the little shed for chickens, and the cow. However would be awesome to have farming as an option instead of just gardening. Have tractors and farm land ^_^ Also would be great if had farm animals move around freely like the pets do.

I would also like to see a stuff pack or something for Cars to come back in.

Also the sims4 should have had the same gameplay set up with the towns like sims3 with no loading when you leave your house. Just saying. Sims2 was great but I was extremely happy when sims3 didn't have to load lol if they can change that somehow in the game play with these expansions to come that'll be great.

It'll be cool too with these game packs/stuff to come we can have voting and community ideas like we did for this laundry pack. ^_^
    I love sims and it'll be awesome to share ideas with EA again! (P.S. EA VERY happy that toddlers came back thank you!!! Super excited for toddler stuff pack!!) Now how about getting rid of the loading lol ^_~
  • babybeaglecrzylifebabybeaglecrzylife Posts: 4 New Member
    Also I like the laundry basket. I was torn between that, socks, and the item I voted for which was the clothes pins to indicate eco friendly, Hanging your laundry outdoors which I hope is an option still in this game pack.
  • millerolsenmillerolsen Posts: 629 Member
    What even is a laundry day?
    moss

now that this pack is coming to close, how bout some games we've been waiting for ^_^

I would like to see seasons pets and university.

Maybe in pets they will have horses again.... maybe more farm animal options too. Like goats, pigs (or teacup piglets lol). More lizards, snakes, dragons, anything you can think of as a pet you can have. Even wildlife like foxes, skunks, etc. Maybe even add a pet store. New jobs can be like: Pet store owner, shelter, groomer, vet, dog walker, trainer, pet shows, horse competitions again, farmer.

University Id like some more options added to the school degrees then what sims3 had. maybe a little more to the university life than sims3. maybe some new jobs can be added like professor, daycare, and elementary teacher. Would like both daycare and teacher jobs back in sims3. I know generations had daycare. But let there actually be a daycare facility. not in the sims house. or have both options. I miss the set up for the towns like in sims3. Sims4 reminds too much of sims2 with the whole crazy loading aspect. It'll cool too that there be small job options

For seasons it'll be awesome to not only have the 4 seasons and holidays back however other weather options. Instead of just rain, sun, snow. We can have with it: like earthquakes (anytime), rock slides, hurricane/hurricane weather (all), tornadoes (all), forest fires (summer), snow storms that locks sims inside houses (winter). Solar/lunar eclipses, meteor showers and maybe more dramatic thunderstorms. Then your normal Rainbows after rain lol. maybe create a few jobs like weatherman, news reporter, tornado chaser, etc.

An extra expansion pack would be great regarding other cultural parts of life like Agriculture. That will be really cool!! I loved how sims3 had the little shed for chickens, and the cow. However would be awesome to have farming as an option instead of just gardening. Have tractors and farm land ^_^ Also would be great if had farm animals move around freely like the pets do.

I would also like to see a stuff pack or something for Cars to come back in.

Also the sims4 should have had the same gameplay set up with the towns like sims3 with no loading when you leave your house. Just saying. Sims2 was great but I was extremely happy when sims3 didn't have to load lol if they can change that somehow in the game play with these expansions to come that'll be great.

It'll be cool too with these game packs/stuff to come we can have voting and community ideas like we did for this laundry pack. ^_^
    I love sims and it'll be awesome to share ideas with EA again! (P.S. EA VERY happy that toddlers came back thank you!!! Super excited for toddler stuff pack!!) Now how about getting rid of the loading lol ^_~

@babybeaglecrzylife , they already announced "Cats & Dogs" EP that is coming out at the end of November. <3 There will not be horses :'( , but there will be foxes and raccoons B) ! And there will be a new career -- Vet! Here is a link for more info: https://thesims.com/en_GB/news/cats-dogs-coming-soon

Sadly there is not going to be an open world (like in Sims 3) in the Sims 4 because the game is not constructed to operate this way. :( Yes, loading screens are a pain, but they chose to have several loading screens because many players computers were having a hard time loading one giant city. They might have an open world in TS5, or they might not, but there will not be one in TS4.

I would love a university EP or GP! (I especially loved University with TS2!) B) University gives the young adult stage a more defining character from the adult stage.

I would absolutely love a farming pack for TS4. I don't think they will make one, but a girl can dream! ;)

There are already hints that Seasons/weather might be in the works. There are several hints to this, especially in the patch notes that came out not too long ago! :oo:)
    What even is a laundry day?

Traditionally, before washers and dryers, people would set aside one day out of the week to just do laundry. It was extremely difficult work and took all day. :s Many outer garments would rarely even be washed ... just sponged or brushed. Inner garments would be washed once a week (long johns, socks, bloomers, chemises, undershirts, petticoats, etc.) In fact most chores were broken down to be done on their assigned day of the week. A popular saying went something like this : Wash on Monday, Iron on Tuesday, Churn butter on Wednesday, Sew/mend clothes on Thursday, Bake on Friday, Bathe on Saturday, Church on Sunday. :) Since this pack has a more rustic look to it, Laundry Day does make sense if you know the history behind it! B)
  • boykinater18boykinater18 Posts: 237 Member
    The voting happened during the hurricane in Florida a whole state couldn't vote. :(

I'm in central Florida and was able to vote. My power was out from 8pm- 2am. There were definitely people who couldn't but it wasn't the whole state.
  • boykinater18boykinater18 Posts: 237 Member
    Correction 8pm-2pm (the next day)
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    The cupcake has been updated to look more like a laundry basket. Its now the cupcake basket...
    DKmu9oAUEAEDsOJ.jpg
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • MammaMiaMammaMia Posts: 14 New Member
    Honestly, I'm confused that Cupcake won. I saw a lot of votes for the washing machine. It must've been super close
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    They literally just added these two things. XD

Ccdhg4t.jpg

But it does make it looks better. Now I can see it's a basket.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top