Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will clothes piles appear even if we don't own anything to do with laundry?

I personally feel like it in real life makes it more of a challenge, maybe disable interactions with wardrobes until they're able to clean their clothes?

I'm also curious if dogs will be affected by this since this is the first time they're able to wear clothing.

Comments

• Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    If you don't own anything related to laundry then no.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I think they mean if they DO own the pack but are playing a household without a washing machine, laundry basket etc.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Graham has answered this question earlier. You have to buy a hamper for your lot, or else the clothes will not become dirty and the lot will ignore all laundry game features. But you can play laundry on any lot that you bought a hamper for.
  • DesertSimmer1971DesertSimmer1971 Posts: 498 Member
    IngeJones wrote: »
    Graham has answered this question earlier. You have to buy a hamper for your lot, or else the clothes will not become dirty and the lot will ignore all laundry game features. But you can play laundry on any lot that you bought a hamper for.

Graham has not answered what happens with community lots such as gyms, parks, Resturants, public pools, spa, or festivals. Sims are always changing on these lots and some of them the player cannot build on to add a hamper and washer and dryer too
  • HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    edited September 2017

Graham has not answered what happens with community lots such as gyms, parks, Resturants, public pools, spa, or festivals. Sims are always changing on these lots and some of them the player cannot build on to add a hamper and washer and dryer too

No hamper = No laundry
    No laundry = No hamper

Laundry = Hamper
    Hamper = Laundry

Remove the Hamper from your lots if you don't want laundry.

Graham has not answered what happens with community lots such as gyms, parks, Resturants, publicize pools, spa, or festivals. Sims are always changing on these lots and some of them the player cannot build on to add a hamper and washer and dryer too

No hamper = No laundry
    No laundry = No hamper

Laundry = Hamper
    Hamper = Laundry

You can't edit festival lots, so now it will be full of dirty clothes? Players now have to add hampers to community lots such as gyms, spas, Resturants, parks and pools? What happens when the hampers get full from all the NPC's changing clothes on these lots?

Graham also didn't answer how the laundry system will affect rotational players either.
  • ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member

Graham has not answered what happens with community lots such as gyms, parks, Resturants, publicize pools, spa, or festivals. Sims are always changing on these lots and some of them the player cannot build on to add a hamper and washer and dryer too

No hamper = No laundry
    No laundry = No hamper

Laundry = Hamper
    Hamper = Laundry

You can't edit festival lots, so now it will be full of dirty clothes? Players now have to add hampers to community lots such as gyms, spas, Resturants, parks and pools? What happens when the hampers get full from all the NPC's changing clothes on these lots?

Graham also didn't answer how the laundry system will affect rotational players either.

@gizzinator1 SimGuruGraham said on Twitter that if there is no washing machine or wash tub on the lot, there will be no clothes piles. So, no dirty clothes at the gym or any other community lot where a sim changes their clothes.

No hamper = No laundry
    No laundry = No hamper

Laundry = Hamper
    Hamper = Laundry

@gizzinator1 SimGuruGraham said on Twitter that if there is no washing machine or wash tub on the lot, there will be no clothes piles. So, no dirty clothes at the gym or any other community lot where a sim changes their clothes.

He is referring to home lots, where did he confirm that laundry will not pile up from NPC's or your sim on community lots?
  • ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member

No hamper = No laundry
    No laundry = No hamper

Laundry = Hamper
    Hamper = Laundry

He is referring to home lots, where did he confirm that laundry will not pile up from NPC's or your sim on community lots?

He is saying that the washing machine is what triggers the clothes piles. If there is no washing machine on the lot, there won't be any clothes piles. It doesn't matter whether it's a home lot or a community lot. As long as you don't edit the community lots and add a washing machine or wash tub, then there won't be clothes piles.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    Ì read therefore.. No buy pack. No piles of washing.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member

No hamper = No laundry
    No laundry = No hamper

Laundry = Hamper
    Hamper = Laundry

He's not... He's said multiple times without a washing machine or wash bucket on a lot there will be no clothes. We're trying to tell you this.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    I doubt very much whether laundry will work at all on community lots.
  • mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member
    I don’t know...
    Oh hamburgers!
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member

No hamper = No laundry
    No laundry = No hamper

Laundry = Hamper
    Hamper = Laundry

Good. Want the challenge? Buy the machine.
    5JZ57S6.png
    I am not arguing or complaining. Nothing in that response says anything about community lots. My question is if my sim has the laundry stuff on their home lot (washing machine, wash tub, hamper, dryer, or clothesline) then they have opted into the laundry system. What happens when my sim travels to a community lot such as restaurant, gym, spa, park, or festival? Sims on these lots are changing clothes, so will clothes pile up on these lots because they have the laundry stuff on their home lot and therefore are opted into the laundry system? Even though I don't play rotational, how does the laundry system affect rotational players? Maybe some households have laundry and some don't?

I am simply asking if these types of situations have been considered so that when the pack is released, this is not an issue.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I am not arguing or complaining. Nothing in that response says anything about community lots. My question is if my sim has the laundry stuff on their home lot (washing machine, wash tub, hamper, dryer, or clothesline) then they have opted into the laundry system. What happens when my sim travels to a community lot such as restaurant, gym, spa, park, or festival? Sims on these lots are changing clothes, so will clothes pile up on these lots because they have the laundry stuff on their home lot and therefore are opted into the laundry system? Even though I don't play rotational, how does the laundry system affect rotational players? Maybe some households have laundry and some don't?

I am simply asking if these types of situations have been considered so that when the pack is released, this is not an issue.
    I presume it's the same as in Sims 3: clothes only pile up on lots with a washing machine. There's no reason to assume they'd change this and guruNardone's tweet indicates they indeed didn't.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    It's simple, if a laundry object (whatever they tied it to, aka washer or hamper or whatever) isn't on the lot/any lot (just like in TS3) then dirty clothes aren't going to pile up on the floor.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member

How would clothes pile up on a community lot where there is no washing machine on the lot.....unless you add one? You're suggesting that clothes would just start piling up all over a restaurant because one of your played sims owns a washing machine on their home lot? Come on. If you want households to have laundry piling up, put a washing machine on their lot. If you don't want laundry piling up on that lot, don't put a washing machine on that lot.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    edited September 2017

He didn't mention community lots because presumable community lots do not have washing machines on them.I doubt that the creators went in and added washing machines and hampers to the lots.So while, technically he didn't mention community lots, you don't need to worry about dirty laundry everywhere just because some of the houses have them.Now if you went in and added baskets to the restaurants or if you downloaded a community lot that has them, then that is when it "may" happen.
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    I do know that in the sims 3 if you had a washer or dryer on the lot you had dirty clothes (Well on a home lot not community). Though a hamper made it easier to pile up those clothes.
    I wonder if the hamper will act like the one in TS3 where if your sims were near a hamper and changed their clothes would pile up in it automatically?
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios