Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So what happens to those themes that didn't win... ?

124...Next

Comments

• LouciferLoucifer Posts: 199 Member
    davina1221 wrote: »
    B) While my ideas of more grim, goth, funeral planning, and a cemetery with the death flower didn't pan out, I'm glad you aren't scrapping the rest of the ideas. I didn't figure you would except maybe the starter home and arcade as they can be incorporated into many themes anyways. But, I figured that laundry and weddings would come eventually in some way. It was fun to vote and I can't wait to vote on content and hear ideas of what we could add to the game. Happy Simming team and fellow simmers.

Me too more Gothic Steampunk Dark etc stuff would be great. Love that ur letting us decide or help u decide
    When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny
    Thomas Jefferson (3rd US President)
  • gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Hey @SimGuruGraham when do we get the art style results?
  • Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    I really hope we get style A in another pack! Style A is fab!!!
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Krisha880 wrote: »
    I really hope we get style A in another pack! Style A is fab!!!

Or at least the furniture I love it.
  • szMermaidszMermaid Posts: 254 Member
    Bicycles in the Eco Pack would be awesome too!

I agree, not just for adults, but for babies and children too.. For babies can be Bike with wheels suitable for children. (kid's bike)
    That would be so cute and fun.
    xyIcMqt.png

If you would like to see Off-The-Grid, Canning/Preserving, and Freegan/Carbon Conscious be made in to a Game Pack or EP, sign the petition!: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/921310/off-the-grid-gamepack-petition-374-signatures/p1?new=1
    karineb.21 wrote: »
    betsyhern wrote: »
    Will Seasons ever come to TS4?

Seasons and Pets are the 2 Expansion Packs that I want ! :smiley: I'm pretty sure we'll have them some day, they made them for both TS2 and TS3 ! And they were both big success. :wink:

I can't wait to Pets and Seasons too. These 2 was my favorite in Sims 2 and I'm sure that will be amazing in Sims 4 too, when they released it. *.*
    xyIcMqt.png

If you would like to see Off-The-Grid, Canning/Preserving, and Freegan/Carbon Conscious be made in to a Game Pack or EP, sign the petition!: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/921310/off-the-grid-gamepack-petition-374-signatures/p1?new=1
    I would have loved a pets extension pack, like the previous games, with fully customisable cats and dogs, maybe smaller pets like rabbits, rodents, birds etc.

I don't know however, if the animals should be controlled like human sims or if they should do their own thing like the strangers in the game. Or even if they should do smaller actions, not necessarily the full list like your own sims.

anyway, I would have put in this as a suggestion if I'd seen the post before now, but I only came across this page whilst I was looking for mods

I want more pets than we have ever had before. I would like it to be possible to have a farm full of animals like cows, oxen, sheep, pigs, chickens, etc. And it is possible to interact with all of them, and also that they have interactions with each other, like the mother with her puppies, for example. This would be my dream ><
    xyIcMqt.png

Thanks for let us vote. I love that Eco wins, and I hope someday we can get a Dangerous pack too.
    xyIcMqt.png

• Beatrice402Beatrice402 Posts: 15 New Member
    I hate this Ecostaff. I am not a housewife.
  • CalebFillionCalebFillion Posts: 293 Member
    Well, gee I must be the only person really disappointed that eco beat out goth, death, funeral etc. I will add it but it was last on my vote list. I'm just bein honest here so please don't jump all over me for not gushing, lol. I'm just happy to get new toys to play with.
  • CalebFillionCalebFillion Posts: 293 Member
    Speaking of...when do I get new toy?
  • BrillybobbBrillybobb Posts: 1 New Member
    Whatever happens, please just make things in the pack match. I have let go of the color wheel idea and have embraced sims 4, but for the love of all that is holy - there are 19 greens in the game and none of them match. Woods don't match. Carpets don't match walls. Windows & doors don't match...and when they do, why does it always seem to be a Victorian option? And make clutter that fits on shelves. You can only place so many tissue boxes to dry the tears of the frustrated simmer. I could go on...and I think I did but please pick a theme/style and then give us enough to build or dress our sims in a cohesive way. It would also be better if things was a sort option by alphabetized.
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    To be honest, I'm more excited over this opportunity you've given us rather than what won or lost. It's really made me see the Sims in a new light to have access/input into the gaming process.

I completely agree! Not only has it been super cool to be involved its also kind of shown how difficult making choices can be for example the recent survey where we select what object and clothing we like. That to me was surprisingly difficult to do yet you wouldn't think it would be!
  • silly_billie14silly_billie14 Posts: 1 New Member
    I missed the theme voting, but curious... What were the other four themes?
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    I missed the theme voting, but curious... What were the other four themes?

Starter Home, Dangerous, Wedding, and Arcade. You can still see the descriptions over on SimsVIP: https://simsvip.com/2017/04/03/sims-4-vote-counts-round-1/
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    I always miss the vote! So Love Sims 4 since I got my new computer, still have not reloaded Sims 3 lol, but here is what i miss from Sims 3 Spiral stairs, Fae, werewolves, witches, motor cycles (ridable) pot belly fire place (all the ones u could put in middle of room) miss sending them to college. That said cheers on making teen and adult same body so u dont have to redo the wardrobe when they age up, and stairs multiple Sims can use at same time. Build mode is so much better too! Ok that's what I think we need back :smiley:
    When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny
    > @CalebFillion said:
    > Well, gee I must be the only person really disappointed that eco beat out goth, death, funeral etc. I will add it but it was last on my vote list. I'm just bein honest here so please don't jump all over me for not gushing, lol. I'm just happy to get new toys to play with.

Nope not the only person we need more goth punk dark stuff pastels kill me :) I voted all dark stuff
  • gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    edited June 2017
    Does this include the gameplay features too? I really liked the three that aren't laundry, but liked the laundry by hand idea also. If laundry wins, I'd be really disappointed if the other three features didn't make it in somewhere.
    @SimGuruGraham
    Post edited by gummybear0724 on
  • MelindaDeeMelindaDee Posts: 8 New Member
    I'm a little bitter. This pack has nothing to do with "Eco Living". In some ways, I feel like people voted for what they wanted regardless of the theme and it ended up going in a totally different direction. I was really excited for a true Eco Living theme that reflected "greener" ways of living, interactions, and items like composting, reusable water bottles, solar panels, etc.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    geminiagre wrote: »
    Really glad those ideas might be used later. Especially the starter home one as it was my favourite. I really really want to see more run down stuff in the game

That one was really good! Hope we will see something like it
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    @SimGuruGraham Would there be more landscaping pictures in this pack? Really loved a lot of the landscape pieces for wall art already in the game but figured I'd just ask since I love the art to them. :3
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• kaylajones1991kaylajones1991 Posts: 3 New Member
    I think Eco Living would have been a better name. And I really would like beaches and beach houses and surfing and swimming and diving! And WEATHER! Not just weather--but GOOD, realistic, system-driven, elaborate weather and seasons! And holidays that Sims-world has events for and your sim can also hold their own holiday events too. Like sim versions of Halloween and thanksgiving and christmas and whatnot. That'd be cool. Also if some of the landscape could be a little more realistic (while still being cartoony) i'd be very happy. Some parts of the city and Windenburg were like a maze.... Seriously though-- the beach and seasons. Good seasons without too much rain. For example, rain isn't just rain or a storm, there are different types. And maybe a humidity factor? I'm just throwing all my ideas out there to amplify immersion. After all, that's what we want isn't it? :) And more personality traits and characteristics for our sims would be super nice too. And clothing and hair that's a little more realistic in terms of fashion and style instead of being a little... funky. Good textures. I use custom content most of the time because the content in the game just doesn't quite do it for me. I don't want to. But I want things to feel more comfortable and less awkward. If the game content DID do it for me though I wouldn't want CC. I love the Sims. Always have, always will. And I have a lot of good ideas I really wish I could share to enrich the game and experience for others.
  • honeywitchhoneywitch Posts: 321 Member
    > @MelindaDee said:
    > I'm a little bitter. This pack has nothing to do with "Eco Living". In some ways, I feel like people voted for what they wanted regardless of the theme and it ended up going in a totally different direction. I was really excited for a true Eco Living theme that reflected "greener" ways of living, interactions, and items like composting, reusable water bottles, solar panels, etc.

I would've rather had a true Eco Living pack as well but I'm still into Laundry Day. I don't currently own any SPs but I plan on getting Movie Hangout Stuff, Backyard Stuff, and Laundry Day whenever it comes out. I previously suggested a Healthy Living pack to incorporate the eco-living items you mentioned, plus a working juicer. That's my #1 SP request now.
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    I think Eco Living would have been a better name. And I really would like beaches and beach houses and surfing and swimming and diving! And WEATHER! Not just weather--but GOOD, realistic, system-driven, elaborate weather and seasons! And holidays that Sims-world has events for and your sim can also hold their own holiday events too. Like sim versions of Halloween and thanksgiving and christmas and whatnot. That'd be cool. Also if some of the landscape could be a little more realistic (while still being cartoony) i'd be very happy. Some parts of the city and Windenburg were like a maze.... Seriously though-- the beach and seasons. Good seasons without too much rain. For example, rain isn't just rain or a storm, there are different types. And maybe a humidity factor? I'm just throwing all my ideas out there to amplify immersion. After all, that's what we want isn't it? :) And more personality traits and characteristics for our sims would be super nice too. And clothing and hair that's a little more realistic in terms of fashion and style instead of being a little... funky. Good textures. I use custom content most of the time because the content in the game just doesn't quite do it for me. I don't want to. But I want things to feel more comfortable and less awkward. If the game content DID do it for me though I wouldn't want CC. I love the Sims. Always have, always will. And I have a lot of good ideas I really wish I could share to enrich the game and experience for others.

I, too, want it all. I'm hoping eventually everything I want gets put into the game sooner or later, but it WILL take several Game packs and Expansion packs for that. Weather/Seasons almost certainly will be an expansion pack - it always has been. Hopefully they put holidays in with the Seasons EP (or whatever they call it). Beach Holiday would make a great game pack - new beach world/neighborhood, plus hotels and beach activities. (Maybe Sims will be able to bury each other in the sand up to their chest or neck?) Sandcastles would be a must, as would collecting shells, or perhaps rock crabs (to let them go later in a crab race from the sand back to the rocks), or even digging for clams (yummy clam chowder). Or maybe Sims could use a metal detector on the beach, sometimes finding a few simoleons or a collectible (like a stretchable collectible penny or a belt buckle without the belt or zipper without the jacket, or a nut or bolt or gear).

But I don't ever expect the game to make custom content obsolete. It is a matter of hours required vs. hours budgeted. Custom content creators do it because they like to, and expect usually only appreciation for their work. Animators and official game content designers do this for a living, so they need to be paid for their work. Somebody has to pay them....so we pay for EPs, GPs, and SPs. And when the Sims 3 store was developing new content, it was purchased directly by players.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • SassycottonSassycotton Posts: 438 Member
    @SimGuruGraham I would love to be a part of the voting but I don't know when you guys do this or how I can be a part. Could you please kindly let me know the answers to my questions? Thank you!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top