Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stuff Pack name & icon vote results!

SimGuruGrahamSimGuruGraham Posts: 1,188 SimGuru
edited March 5 in Nominated Threads
Hey all! Two votes took place over the past two weeks, and I've got the final winners to share with you. While voting for this project has now concluded, please continue to share your feedback and thoughts here on the forum so that we can keep adjusting the pack with your great ideas as we continue development on it.

First, as this week's blog announced, the official name of this Stuff Pack (as selected by you) is “The Sims 4 Laundry Day Stuff.” Out of tens of thousands of participants, this came down to an incredibly close result, with "Laundry Day" securing a razor thin 109 vote victory over "Rustic Lifestyle." Such a narrow margin of victory had us holding our breath to see which name would win right up until the final minutes of voting!

Officially, the title results were in the following order:
  1. Laundry Day
  2. Rustic Lifestyle
  3. Rustic Home
  4. Laundry

Also this week, we asked you to vote to select the official pack icon for The Sims 4 Laundry Day Stuff. Although the results of this vote weren't quite as close as the previous vote, there was still a spirited competition between the Washing Machine and the Laundry Basket. Ultimately, the Laundry Basket took the victory. While we're likely to still make some final tweaks in collaboration with our brand design agency, it'll largely resemble the icon from the survey.

The full icon result order is as follows. It turns out that people don't much care for socks... but I wonder if it would have turned out differently had it been just a single sock? ;)

m8atrgnyow5n.jpg
wf4clm0sm60u.jpg
wl18vget3c4x.jpg
6eeoe8nct75o.jpg

Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• LaMamaSimsLaMamaSims Posts: 3 New Member
    So what you are saying is the cupcake icon won as the laundry stuff pack icon? Well, I guess if you eat cupcakes like cookie monster eats cookies...you'll need the laundry pack. :-p Seriously though...I am happy about both the name and the icon though. Can't wait to see the final stuff pack and some Let's Play vids on it. <3 <3
  • NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    I hope the icon is tweaked to be more clear, specially at small sizes.
  • VonizeVonize Posts: 4 New Member
    Yay! Well, this was fun. Can't wait for the pack!
  • quinhobpquinhobp Posts: 220 Member
    OMG, the icon, Cupcake Stuff Pack coming soon
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    That's cool the cupcake won. I can understand why the socks lost they do kind of look like broken hockey sticks. xD
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    I thought I was the only who thought it looked like a cupcake. XD
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    lol I thought it looks like a laundry basket with folded laundry. It has holes and a handle in the basket lol
  • midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    I thought the washing machine icon was more appropriate as it's a laundry stuff pack not a cupcake stuff pack but anyways, I'm still gonna buy it!
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    The item I voted for the only icon that will look good on a smaller scale got last I'm shocked. Now we get the icon that looks like a cupcake good job guys. DJozDfqVoAALL1k.jpg
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    The item I voted for the only icon that will look good on a smaller scale got last I'm shocked. Now we get the icon that looks like a cupcake good job guys. DJozDfqVoAALL1k.jpg

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    lol I thought it looks like a laundry basket with folded laundry. It has holes and a handle in the basket lol

Yes, I knew that too when I looked at it. But then I was also looking at it in an artistic way, and I thought it looks like a stylized cupcake. The art style of the logo is also very minimalist and I can totally imagine a minimalist cupcake to look like this. XD
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • lionpawslionpaws Posts: 431 Member
    Yeay! for the cupcake!
  • PugLove888PugLove888 Posts: 674 Member
    BMSO wrote: »
    That's cool the cupcake won. I can understand why the socks lost they do kind of look like broken hockey sticks. xD
    @BMSO , Hey, I like both socks and hockey sticks! :p:D:*
    I would have been happy with any of the icons, to tell the truth! :)
    Home is where your Pugs are! <3
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Exactly what I voted for so I'm pleased lol
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Please separate the BUCKET and SINK!
    2PKAmHk_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
    a256aFi.gif
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member

You're welcome, I love me some good laundry cupcake :)
    a256aFi.gif
  • chealsycatchealsycat Posts: 2,974 Member
    I personally voted for washing machine. But I respect the majority opinion. Laundry basket looks cool. Why not?
  • simguyssimguys Posts: 62 Member

Yes please!
    My Spanish Website Simlish 4 \ My Twitter @Simlish4
    bSCAxNF.png
  • MissCherieMissCherie Posts: 408 Member

It's fine as it is, it save space.
    gCQKjq4.png
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    edited September 2017
    BMSO wrote: »

Oh, I can tell you don't do laundry much. LOL That's what I thought it was, too, initially. But, I voted for it anyway, considering this was supposed to be an eco-pack. Doesn't hurt the environment one iota to hang dry your clothes, whereas some have issues with the use of a dryer. All I can say is towels dried in the machine are way, way softer.

For a person who missed about half of the votes, the title I selected, as well as the icon are ones I did vote for. I'm happy!

ETA: The whole one sock thing might have worked better, since many complain the machine eats a sock. The only socks I've ever 'lost' generally failed to either make it into the washer, or failed to make it from the washer to the dryer, for which I found them later. Been married and doing laundry for almost 44 years, now.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    Given the new pack title and the theme, the only relevant icon is actually the peg.
  • CeridwenCeridwen Posts: 228 Member
    edited September 2017
    I missed this vote, but like the icon and the name. However, I saw a laundry basket straight away, but now I read all your comments about cupcakes, and it's become like the old lady/young lady picture, and I'm going back and forth from one to the other. :D Asked my husband in passing what he thought it was, he said "cupcake" first then realised what it was.

So, The Sims 4 Cupcake Laundry Day it is. I'm very good with that. I now actually quite excited for this pack to hit, and I don't usually get that hyped (although I am for Cats and Dogs, and if Seasons ever turns up I will melt into a puddle of happy). :D

I'm also echoing the request to detach the bucket from the sink.
  • lucyduckgirllucyduckgirl Posts: 1 New Member
    don't know if its too late to suggest items but I think skylights would be really cool to have in game. Even though people use the glass dance floor as one, maybe just a 1x1 size one or a 2x2 size one would be cool.
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member

If you don't like it, don't buy it.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    I don't see a cupcake. I see a laundry basket, but then, I do a lot of laundry and don't eat cupcakes.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top