Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't Stop Won't Stop

US_Marshall42US_Marshall42 Posts: 236 Member
I've been playing The Sims 2 since 08 and I still haven't done everything in the game! I've done mostly everything in TS3 and easily did everything in TS4, but TS2 still has so much to do. It's still my prefered Sims game and I think that says a lot about the quality.

Comments

• zagbooruleszagboorules Posts: 474 Member
    Same here! There's just so much to do, thanks to UC I can finally play EPs I haven't played before. So many different businesses and talent badges I have yet to master, secrets to uncover in vacation destinations, challenges to try, different Universities to send my sims to, different hobbies etc etc. It's a really great game. :)
  • sweetface44sweetface44 Posts: 2,958 Member
    It's my virtual life
  • ANNAPTXANNAPTX Posts: 3,742 Member
    I just recently headed back into TS2..I had an elder man marry an adult woman, and his single adult daughter live in the same house..the elder man was kin of a skirt chaser..we even had his own bachelor pad built in the back yard..locked the door so only he could go in/out..I was trying to get him to fulfill his want of having woohoo with 5 sims..Grimmy came and got him just after the 4th..Doh!! :D>:)
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
    Yes, it's impossible to stop. The Sims 2 just have hidden fun facts that are hard to discover.
    I'm thinking about playing The Sims 2 again, so I can say that title is 100% true.
  • EmTheSimmerEmTheSimmer Posts: 34 Member
    I just got The Sims 2 on my macbook and I'm legit blown away by how good and entertaining it is. I haven't played it since I was 16 (I am 23 now) so it's been a while. When I used to play it, I had a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 gaming computer and I couldn't enjoy the game the way I was meant to. So now, in 2016, after days of playing TS3 and TS4 I got into the Sims 2 and I think it's better than the one's that came after. The characters are hilarious, there's always other sims around in community lots, you can choose their personality traits and sign, it had animations for certain experiences and there seem to be way more interactions for sims 2 than there are for TS3 or TS4 but I don't have all the EP's so I can be wrong. But certain things like being able to lower your hands while slow dancing- nuances like that make me remember why Sims 2 was so immersive.
    hi
  • lisamtownlisamtown Posts: 206 Member
    edited September 2016
    @EmTheSimmer After each expansion pack it got better and better...Alot of us fans are screaming for someone to do a remake of 2... :smiley:
    graphics-wallet-540882.gif
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    The sims 2 is the only sims game I can start playin and still be sat there 8 hours later. Love it.
  • PrincessCharlottePrincessCharlotte Posts: 31 Member
    I've only been playing since 2013 but yes I love sims 2
  • BrookePlaysBrookePlays Posts: 6 New Member
    [quote="EmTheSimmer;c-15157991"]I just got The Sims 2 on my macbook and I'm legit blown away by how good and entertaining it is. I haven't played it since I was 16 (I am 23 now) so it's been a while. When I used to play it, I had a plum gaming computer and I couldn't enjoy the game the way I was meant to. So now, in 2016, after days of playing TS3 and TS4 I got into the Sims 2 and I think it's better than the one's that came after. The characters are hilarious, there's always other sims around in community lots, you can choose their personality traits and sign, it had animations for certain experiences and there seem to be way more interactions for sims 2 than there are for TS3 or TS4 but I don't have all the EP's so I can be wrong. But certain things like being able to lower your hands while slow dancing- nuances like that make me remember why Sims 2 was so immersive. [/quote]

Then could you help me if you play it so much? The cheat pop up won't show and I really REALLY SUPER BAD need it. It's on sims 2 and I feel like I'm the only one who can't do it which is sad. ;( I'm on a MacBookPro.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member

Then could you help me if you play it so much? The cheat pop up won't show and I really REALLY SUPER BAD need it. It's on sims 2 and I feel like I'm the only one who can't do it which is sad. ;( I'm on a MacBookPro.

Hi :)

Are you using the Control + Shift + C keys and not the Command key?
  • cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    TS2 has always differed from 3 and 4 in that it is much more of a stress relief for me. When I play 3 or 4 I feel like I'm continuously micromanaging and using brain power but with 2 I feel like I can relax and just enjoy myself.
  • NikkiKaur15NikkiKaur15 Posts: 477 Member
    I know it'sounds an old tread but I love playing the sims 2 and theirs still suff I have done like open for business and when it's Xmas like Santa and other suff lol I'm still playing it started a new family hehe I feel theirs stuff still missing in the sims 4 but that my opinion
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    I hear you all! Been playing since it first came out, as in pretty near day 1, and still have not yet explored, let alone mastered, all there is in this game. It's outlived about four computers and still fascinates for hours on end. Now with UC on a modern high end PC I can push it even further without worries the graphics card will fail (that's happened too) from being pushed beyond it's capabilities. A masterful game that keeps on giving and amazing.
  • swillflyswillfly Posts: 54 Member
    ..been playing TS1 & TS2 since 1st released.. felt nostalgic, so I tried to login with my ancient credentials at bbs.thesims2.ea.com... -it's LONG GONE.. all content gone too? hmm.. so I just registered again with EA and instead of the prodigal son I'm welcomed back with a generic plumbob and more regulations/limitations than they previously had. I feel like the southpork boys confronting Peter Moore about the crankbaby kids fund.
    Would you like some breakfast?
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    swillfly wrote: »
    ..been playing TS1 & TS2 since 1st released.. felt nostalgic, so I tried to login with my ancient credentials at bbs.thesims2.ea.com... -it's LONG GONE.. all content gone too? hmm.. so I just registered again with EA and instead of the prodigal son I'm welcomed back with a generic plumbob and more regulations/limitations than they previously had. I feel like the southpork boys confronting Peter Moore about the crankbaby kids fund.

Yea, there were some very very very immature trolls at one point who kept making accounts after being banned who were posting X rated images on the site. So that should explain why the crack down on new members and what they can do...

Yes and no to the content.

The Sims, lots, etc uploaded to the Exchange and the posts on the forum and the blogs and the guestbooks: yes.

SOME of the stories did get saved and can be found here: http://clockwatching.net/~jack/s2/reader/

Since the Exchange is permanently down, you can't add any stories to it.
  • swillflyswillfly Posts: 54 Member
    ty Seera1024... I knew I'd lost my marbles, but Everything I'd accustomed to (ye olde blue convoluted site interface) was now.. Lime and Simple undoubtedly for the mobile appeal.. I wasn't so much into the stories, mostly CC lots/buildings and the odd object
    Would you like some breakfast?
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I never get bored with it. Its a solid game!
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    I am SO excited to be starting over with all the content. I know I saw very little of the game before because of my play style of making everyone the same. So I’m purposely making all my founding families different, all different careers, etc.

Roseville is up and running!
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I haven't been playing much. I'm working on two projects that are extremely time consuming and then I get distracted with newer cc I run across, and or working in bodyshop. I am rebuilding Collinsport and all those characters, and rebuilding a new London (1897) for Sherlock and his friends. These two worlds are taking up a lot of my time. I think I started Collinsport over four times, due to I decided I would use beach lots for some and need to change worlds to do that, I needed Widows' Hill on a beach lot, too, and the world I first chose didn't allow beach lots so I scraped the whole thing. lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    Good to see fans of sims 2 I am sometimes tired of the sims 4 seeing it everywhere. So much boring.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
    I was able to play TS2 off and on for hours this past weekend and it was a BLAST. It really pointed out the shortcomings of TS4 to me. Maybe it will be better in a few years. In the meantime, I'm sticking with TS2. I was able to create my six founding families, five of them have their first child so second generation is coming. All have different jobs. The maids are actually showing up and cleaning the house. One of my Sims bought a car! Oh how I have missed cars! And one of my sims has started sewing up a storm and will open up a little tailoring shop right next to her home. So I've remembered "hobbies".

The only thing I need to do is work on screen resolution. I don't want to take my computer down to the TS2 highest resolution but the graphics are getting quite pixilated. I THINK you can play TS2 windowed so I'll research that. Looking forward to playing/controlling my families and having a blast with my favorite Sims game.

I'm also happy to see some TS2 fans showing up here. Some of the threads were so old, I was worried that I was all alone...
  • ChristianSimFanChristianSimFan Posts: 546 Member
    I love me some Sims 2 <3
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    You're not alone, Rhiannon58, as long as I'm still on this side of the grass! Lots of other loyalists around, too. Maybe some of those older threads need some fresh visitors.
    Actually, I've gone through some of the older threads and made comments, partially because I wanted to make the comment and partially because I wanted to get thoughts from folks who are still playing!