Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stuff Pack gameplay feature vote results!

Comments

• VenusABatsonVenusABatson Posts: 929 Member
    A laundromat would be a great place for single sims to possibly meet. Maybe end up with a date. Later. :wink:
    ORIGIN ID: VenusARussell
  • VenusABatsonVenusABatson Posts: 929 Member
    How about curly bangs? We have one just curly hair style. How about some cute bangs to go with it? How about Slits bangs to ad to strait hair?
    ORIGIN ID: VenusARussell
  • ViniLaranjViniLaranj Posts: 10 New Member
    > @szMermaid said:
    > So DeservedCriticism was right on which of these would win.. again. So we will never ever get the others options, even the shadow of them? =/
    > But ok, congrats for who wanted laundry to be in this pack, I'm enjoying participate here anyway, thanks for let us vote. :)

I can't acess the page
  • ViniLaranjViniLaranj Posts: 10 New Member
    In this voting the losers resources will be leftor will be only less prominent?
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    ViniLaranj wrote: »
    In this voting the losers resources will be leftor will be only less prominent?

They won't be used in this pack at all. They might keep them for future packs tho.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • CinnamonCandleCinnamonCandle Posts: 2 New Member
    Jesus, people are so annoying. Are you really gonna spam the whole forum, crying that laundry won? I'm happy it won, gonna have some clean clothes for my Sims and they're gonna be happy, lol! Why whine so much, maybe the features that lost are going to be in some future stuff packs or game packs or even updates? Let's just be positive, if laundry won, that means people wanted it. It wasn't robots who voted or cheats or anything. So stop that nonsense and be happy and grateful for what you get. No one even tells you that you have to buy it. Your choice, your money. I like laundry but I like other ideas as well and I hope they're gonna appear in the game some day. :blush:
  • CinnamonCandleCinnamonCandle Posts: 2 New Member
    Also wanted to add that I can even imagine this canning/food preserves or whatever as a feature in Seasons EP! Because it's gonna happen, right? And if they add that to Seasons then WOAH, imagine making jams and stuff in Fall season to eat later in Winter. And this solar something as well could be part of Seasons so yeah, I have high hopes in that and I hope The Sims 4 Seasons is gonna be even better than it was in The Sims 3. For now though, I can't wait the Eco Living SP :smile:
  • Roxygirl0987Roxygirl0987 Posts: 67 Member
    YES! So glad laundry won! Such an amazing feature for realistic-ness!
    Please create all of them as stuff packs though! Especially off the grid that would be great to live like the amish :P
  • SaruiSarui Posts: 4 New Member
    Great news! I am so happy that we will be able to do laundry in the game :) (Favourite chore in RL too)
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I just find myself curious; at what point do the Devs decide how much an item costs for a Sim? After all, Simoleans aren't real so ultimately it has little bearing... but if an item looks cheap and broken, it gets a lower Simolean price. Like a metal washtub can cost twenty bucks, while a washing machine costs hundreds of pounds, maybe thousands, in a real store.

Additionally, when do Devs decide its effects? Like a bed? Better effects usually mean a higher-priced object, but when is it decided?

Also, there's something we haven't been let in on - naming. I know it's small, but when does it happen? At the end of creation? Or the beginning? No point naming something if it's not going to be made, but when is the name decided for an item?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • BearflexBearflex Posts: 139 Member
    I think laundry can get tedious unless you have a butler and the little houses in this version don't leave much space for a laundry room. I'm not sure if I'd buy this one.
    I would really like to see Flat tops hair styles for men and and body hair options. I hope the developers will add these for more macho Sims and maybe a macho trait as well.
  • Shira3000Shira3000 Posts: 348 Member
    Please make stroller for toddlers!!! And also a Wedding game pack! It is really needed in order to make the game better!!
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Shira3000 wrote: »
    Please make stroller for toddlers!!! And also a Wedding game pack! It is really needed in order to make the game better!!

Wedding pack was one of the original choices, and it didn't make it.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Shira3000Shira3000 Posts: 348 Member
    > @Writin_Reg said:
    > Shira3000 wrote: »
    >
    > Please make stroller for toddlers!!! And also a Wedding game pack! It is really needed in order to make the game better!!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Wedding pack was one of the original choices, and it didn't make it.

You're right about that, and that makes me sad. I think this is a huge missed opportunity to improve the game experience. I hope there will be a wedding package or something similar. But as for the stroller, it's a shame not to put it in the toddler package!
  • RummourRummour Posts: 28 Member
    Considering this is a "stuff" pack, not a game pack, I don't really care about the laundry or anything like that. I am just happy there will be at least one gameplay feature. I will grab this one simply cause of the objects and clothes. I don't ever buy stuff packs unless there is something in them that I really really like, and this is the first one in a long time that has stuff that appeal to me. :D
  • RummourRummour Posts: 28 Member
    Also, at least this time they can't blame the devs for the stuff, since it was the community that chose them. lol
  • nykspadenykspade Posts: 13 New Member
    i'm so late to the game. i voted way back for the objects, i think? but laundry is exciting! i loved that in the sims 3
    Those of you who think laundry it's exciting come to my house and I have some you can do. LOL!
  • estella_deeestella_dee Posts: 263 Member
    It's sad that laundry won. I mean, it's cool, but compared to the Food Preserves and Off the Grid gameplays, Laundry's was weak, IMO. I don't mind it being added to the game, admittedly being able to wash clothes adds to the immersion of realism in the game. But personally, the activity is so mundane and linear I don't think it warrants me paying $12 for something I am pretty sure the devs could have just added it in a patch or something. If Laundry's gameplay was more solid, like oh I don't know maybe make clothes more impact-full in a sim's life *eg actually make us buy clothes from retail stores rather than just acquiring them for free in CAS through dressers, etc. then there is enough reason to purchase this SP. But if it's just my sims picking up clothes and throwing them in a machine or hanging them in a line then what is so important about that?

My point is, doing laundry does really affect your sim's lives, they will still be able to wear clothes (if they desire), if you only planned one set of clothes for your sims, they will still wear the same clothes will washing the same said clothing.

It's not that I won't buy the SP, I probably will, but it's definitely not in my priority lists. And I won't mind not having it in my game, to be honest. I just hope that the community is more mindful of what they want, because the devs have given us the opportunity to chose what we want for The Sims 4, we should take advantage of it and not decide impulsively. We can help the devs make this game a sims game like no other, or we can just choose something that is exciting on paper and on gameplay it's a meh... :)
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    edited September 2017
    When I voted for "eco-living" to be the theme I was thinking recycling, off-the-grid, and carbon conscious types of things to be added. To be honest, I voted for that theme simply because I hoped it would bring recycling into this game, which has been in previous games and I think is important and would like to role-play my sims being able to recycle.

I'm pretty disappointed that we're just getting mud rooms and laundry, though I hope everyone that actually wanted what was voted for in the end are happy with it.

I hope an actual "eco-living" type of pack comes out in the future. Maybe even make it a game pack and expand upon all of the things that didn't make it into this stuff pack.

I was originally planning on buying this pack on its release day if it actually stayed true to the "eco-living" theme, but now I'll probably just wait until it goes on sale. I still like the items that are in it, but it's not anything I'm excited about.
  • crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Since we're not getting more than one set of washer and dryers, could we please have a couple versions of the hampers. ;)
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    Since we're not getting more than one set of washer and dryers, could we please have a couple versions of the hampers. ;)

No. :trollface:
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • Mycatjake1Mycatjake1 Posts: 61 Member
    I do plan to get this stuff pack, but please tell me you won't abandon some of the other ideas. I would love to see the chicken coop, cows, beekeeping, nectar making, and butter churning come back in a farm themed pack (with maybe some horses and a rural community). I had a farm in the Sims 3 and my sim family grew their own food, made nectar, made cheese from the cow's milk, and collected their own eggs and honey, and I loved it. Unfortunately my computer doesn't seem to cooperate well with TS3, so no more farm.

I would also love for Servos and arts and crafts (the glass blowing and pottery ideas, for instance) to be incorporated in a future pack.
  • Wow! How funny people are! My laundry in my house will be lying in piles waiting to be folded while my sim has spotless cupboards and has finished his/her washing hours ago! LOL! Strange how we want to imitate the mundane in Sims! It's sweet, I guess! People are strange creatures.

Onto other stuffpacks ... couldn't we have a "Celebrations" gamepack or stuffpack with Funerals, Baby Showers, Proms, WEDDINGS!!!! Graduations and so on and so forth! Maybe that's why it didnt get voted in, (weddings I mean) because it didn't seem like we would be getting enough out of it ... but if we did a celebrations stuff then we could have all sorts of different events etc. ?? Just thinking ... just brainstorming hahahaha xxx
    g6e9pimv4c4c.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top