Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons Bug Thread

1404142434446...Next

Comments

• thesims3letsplaythesims3letsplay Posts: 3
    edited March 2014
    please help me. i have just got seasons and i install the game and i press play and it says "please insert the sims3 tm island paradice" um why please help me??????? im upset :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
  • sweetangel20_98sweetangel20_98 Posts: 12 New Member
    edited July 2014
    I know your not working on it but i just back into Sims3 and bought Supernatural. This is the first time i tried to get a Human Sim married to a Supernatural Sim. They both want to marry and they have a baby together but they will not Purpose to each other. They are staying just boyfriend and Girlfriend. I fixed all the old realtionship issues with old sims. But still nothing. Are the Supernatural and Human sims not sappose to marry?
  • SovazSovaz Posts: 51 Member
    Issue: After ~1 hour of play, the thunder turned into crackling/popping speaker noises & now there are no more weather noises, only constant crackling/popping noises. The kind you hear when you unplug a speaker jack without turning the volume off. This current incident happened on a brand new game, with a brand new created sim, in Moonlight Falls. I had just finished installing everything on a formatted hard drive, & there are no other saved games. I am able to listen to iTunes & play World of Warcraft without any problems.

Windows 7
    Custom Content or mods: Overwatch, FPS Limiter, 3Booter, Nointromaxis
    Game is newly patched to 1.67.2
    Sound Blaster xi go pro - driver current
    nVidia GTX 660 - driver current

I have World Adventures, Pets, Late Night, Supernatural, Ambitions, & Seasons. I uninstalled Seasons over a year ago because of other crazy glitches I can't remember... but I knew it was Seasons. Uninstalling solved the problems.

Newly installed base game + expansions. Brand new SSD; wiped everything clean for a fresh start.

I have uninstalled Seasons again. I'm posting this here in case anyone else is experiencing the same issue. I have expensive speakers & the popping noise was making me nervous.
  • AbbeyJoy27AbbeyJoy27 Posts: 11 New Member
    Hi idk were to post this but i need help. I about a year ago got Sims3 and the sims3 Pets from Origin. Today i decided I want to but the season pack but it said I owned it. when I went to download it it wants a redeem code.. I dont know how were I can get one. can someone help?
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    AbbeyJoy27 wrote: »
    Hi idk were to post this but i need help. I about a year ago got Sims3 and the sims3 Pets from Origin. Today i decided I want to but the season pack but it said I owned it. when I went to download it it wants a redeem code.. I dont know how were I can get one. can someone help?

You will need to contact customer support. Only other players come here and we can't actually do anything.

Did Seasons come with a bundle you bought? If so the code may be included there.

However if you bought it from Origin it should have already been registered as Origin does that for you automatically.

In the older version of Origin you could find the expansion packs in your Origin My Games page. I haven't updated my Origin so I don't know if you have an Origin My Games page any more.

I've read others say you need to click the icon of the Base Game on Origin and something opens up and you can see all the expansion and stuff packs you own.

In the old version of Origin there was an i button on the icon for each expansion and stuff pack you own and if you clicked that i button a popup appeared and it had the code you need on it.

Good luck
  • AbbeyJoy27AbbeyJoy27 Posts: 11 New Member
    ok thanks. I do have the original Sims3, and the pets one It said on my origin that I own all of the expension pack so when i hit download it wanted my redeem code. I did it for the sims pets three last year and now i cant find my code again.. oh well Ill just try to but it through amazon or something :) thats what i did through ambitions lol oh well thank you anyways :)
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    My sims phone keeps ringing and theres no turn off phone. I'm going to send her to Egypt and hope that helps.
  • CJoyceAcerCJoyceAcer Posts: 9 New Member
    I wish I seasons came with the base game :/ but I guess it's a way for EA to make more cash
  • CororonCororon Posts: 4,275 Member
    CJoyceAcer wrote: »
    I wish I seasons came with the base game :/ but I guess it's a way for EA to make more cash

Seasons in the base game would have been nice, but the game business really is about jobs and making money, and for the players it's fun to have expansions to look forward to. :smile:
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • TiberMaxsonTiberMaxson Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey everyone
    I just reinstalled Sims 3 and a couple expansions (including Seasons) to my new PC and even though most things worked fine I encountered a few problems with Seasons:

1. Weather sounds won´t play. Rain and thunder is just silent.
    2. The festivals are missing some stuff. Balloons, the basic soccer field etc. still appear but the things you interact with aka rollerskater tracks and soccer goals are missing. I already tried reinstalling the expansion, starting a new game and even replaced the festival ground but it didn´t help.

If someone could help me I´d be really grateful.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2017
    Sounds like your video card and ram might not be high enough for Sims 3. I have never heard any issues like that in Sims 3 - unless your new pc is not a gaming pc. Sims 3 does not do well on lesser machines. Or unless your pc is running onboard video card instead of a stand alone card. Sims 3 really needs a stand alone video card to function as intended - I don't care if your pc just came from the store today - the video card is especially important as well as at least 6-8 ram.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• jessica951jessica951 Posts: 1 New Member
    Whenever I tried to play any game on my pc, I was facing the same high CPU usage problem. Searched a lot and found that problem may be cause by svchost.exe (netsvcs). take a look at the solution: http://errorcodespro.com/fix-svchost-exe-netsvcs-high-cpu-memory-usage/ . Hope it would be helpful
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited June 2017
    jessica951 wrote: »
    Whenever I tried to play any game on my pc, I was facing the same high CPU usage problem. Searched a lot and found that problem may be cause by svchost.exe (netsvcs). take a look at the solution: (link) . Hope it would be helpful
    Sorry, but it's not helpful and that "article" is so full of inaccuracies that it's actually dangerous. I'm reporting this message as spam but in any event I suggest that other forum members here just disregard this post.
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • TheSimmerTimTheSimmerTim Posts: 38 Member
    I don't know if anybody else has had this issue, but most of the snow in my town has become very glitchy.

https://gyazo.com/4831b6f1a2020be02a66fa25b8a1c754

https://gyazo.com/180023f6b43a10b478afae35d093dc66

I don't know how this exactly happened, but it was either when I edited one of my town lots in Build and Buy or when I accidentally loaded the save file with the Seasons expansion pack disabled. (Though I didn't save.)
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited August 2017
    I don't know if anybody else has had this issue, but most of the snow in my town has become very glitchy.

https://gyazo.com/4831b6f1a2020be02a66fa25b8a1c754

https://gyazo.com/180023f6b43a10b478afae35d093dc66

I don't know how this exactly happened, but it was either when I edited one of my town lots in Build and Buy or when I accidentally loaded the save file with the Seasons expansion pack disabled. (Though I didn't save.)
    Certainly opening or trying to open an ongoing game that has "seen" Seasons without the EP active is not a great thing to do, but if you quit without saving there should be no harm done. Hopefully you have since then cleared (deleted) your five cache files on top level of your TS3 user game folder in Documents.

May I ask what we are supposed to be looking for? The only odd thing I see in those pics are some rifts (tears) between snow covered lots, sidewalks, and the roads, but a lot of worlds display those and they aren't typically harmful to gameplay, just annoying to look at. Or is there something else wrong we should be focusing on?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • TheSimmerTimTheSimmerTim Posts: 38 Member
    > @igazor said:
    > TheSimmerTim wrote: »
    >
    > I don't know if anybody else has had this issue, but most of the snow in my town has become very glitchy.
    >
    >
    > https://gyazo.com/4831b6f1a2020be02a66fa25b8a1c754
    >
    > https://gyazo.com/180023f6b43a10b478afae35d093dc66
    >
    >
    > I don't know how this exactly happened, but it was either when I edited one of my town lots in Build and Buy or when I accidentally loaded the save file with the Seasons expansion pack disabled. (Though I didn't save.)
    >
    >
    >
    > Certainly opening or trying to open an ongoing game that has "seen" Seasons without the EP active is not a great thing to do, but if you quit without saving there should be no harm done. Hopefully you have since then cleared (deleted) your five cache files on top level of your TS3 user game folder in Documents.
    >
    > May I ask what we are supposed to be looking for? The only odd thing I see in those pics are some rifts (tears) between snow covered lots, sidewalks, and the roads, but a lot of worlds display those and they aren't typically harmful to gameplay, just annoying to look at. Or is there something else wrong we should be focusing on?

Nope, the only problem here is the tears in the snow.

They're a little annoying at times, but I can easily ignore/forget about them when I start playing the game. (Especially since It's almost Spring.)

I just wanted to know if anything I did could've caused them since they were not this big before.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top