Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We care! Supporting Simmers going through hard times.

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    I honestly have never expected to write anything here. But I just need to get it out to someone because I feel like no one understands, and I hope someone here will understand me as close as they can get.

My father passed away 2 weeks ago, and he was my best friend. It's been the hardest time for me, and my mom is always hanging out with the neighbors. I remember waking up in my neighbors house with my brother because my mom found my dad and didn't want me or my brother going into our house at that time. So, I feel a little uncomfortable around them because my mom also told me my dad had passed in that house with the neighbors watching in the doorway.
    She's always going out and hanging out with them when I need her most. My brother is younger so I don't think he understands or had a bond as close as mine with our dad, so I can't exactly talk to him and have him understand. Maybe when he's older.
    Enough about that, I know she's trying her best because she lost her husband, so I can't put the blame on her. I just wish she weren't down there as often, I wish she would just listen and try putting it into my POV on how I feel.
    Anyways, my mom is a server at a restaurant and I don't exactly know how all of that works, all I know is she gets to keep her tips that she earns. So, all of that + a "cheap" paycheck will not get us by. My dad was the dominant one in this house, he put security on everything and got all of the high tech things such as wifi, cable, phones, and cars. I'm not old enough to get a job, however in about a year I will be able to drive and get a job that can hopefully help us out a little bit. But what gets me is, where will we be in a year?
    Oh my, sorry for the long rant/post. I have a lot more to say but I don't want to make people read toooo much about this, ahah. Thank you so much for anyone who is willing to give some advice or even just listen. <3

Hello @xiPopTartzx
    I send big hugs to you <3 I am so sorry to hear of the passing away of your much loved and loving Dad. It is a very upsetting and distressing time for you. It would have been very traumatic for you when you were told of his passing away. Your mother loves you very much. She would be finding life hard just as you are, and is also trying to get the support that she needs from your neighbours. They may be helping her to work through the practicalities of needing to adjust to a life without your Dad . You though are hurting inside. It would be beneficial for you to talk over how you are feeling, with your Mother. Try telling her how you are feeling , and that you would like to be spending more time with her. She may not be realising that you are missing just spending time alone as a family, working through your grief together. Also, it would be good to talk over with her your concerns about the future ,about your home and the money income. She will help to give you the reassurance that you need for the future. It would be helpful to also talk things through with another family member or a a best friend. They will be a listening ear for you, Talking things through, both how you are feeling inside as well as your concerns for the future will help you inside as well as help to find ways that will assist with the practical necessities of daily living. Your brother would be hurting too. Everyone grieves a little differently.
    I send more big hugs to you <3 Try talking things over with your mother. Take a day by day. The pain of your Dad passing away will remain onwards with you, The grieving process in ongoing. There will be times you feel it a little more than others. You will always have loving treasured memories of him in a special place in your heart <3

• Options
    BethanyShoneBethanyShone Posts: 310 Member
    I won't go into a lot of detail on here because I'm not even sure how best to explain everything that's been going on and to be honest I never thought I would post about it anywhere. Lately I have been struggling a lot with my mental health, I'm 21 years old and it's something that hasn't bothered me (so much at least) until now. I feel like I should be coping better with it than I am doing and I feel kinda embarrassed which means I haven't really told any of my friends. I don't want them to worry and although I know they would support me, it's a really difficult thing to admit to. I did go and see a mental health organisation in my town (I didn't plan on it, I was just having a really rough day and ended up there without even thinking about it) and I just cried because that's when it all became real for me; I wasn't coping. I have found myself playing The Sims a lot more, I think because it's a distraction. That's how I ended up on these forums, I love talking to different people who I have never met about something we all enjoy. It's really nice to be a part of something so supportive and just talking (even just about a game) to people has helped me so much it's crazy. I'm continuing to work on myself and I know in time I will get through this, but it's nice to let it out a little, so thank you.

I've read so many other simmers posts on here and it's so sad, I really do wish you all the best. Nobody deserves to feel this way, nobody deserves to feel alone. And I really do hope it gets better and that you can all be happy! *all of the hugs*
  • Options
    I won't go into a lot of detail on here because I'm not even sure how best to explain everything that's been going on and to be honest I never thought I would post about it anywhere. Lately I have been struggling a lot with my mental health, I'm years old and it's something that hasn't bothered me (so much at least) until now. I feel like I should be coping better with it than I am doing and I feel kinda embarrassed which means I haven't really told any of my friends. I don't want them to worry and although I know they would support me, it's a really difficult thing to admit to. I did go and see a mental health organisation in my town (I didn't plan on it, I was just having a really rough day and ended up there without even thinking about it) and I just cried because that's when it all became real for me; I wasn't coping. I have found myself playing The Sims a lot more, I think because it's a distraction. That's how I ended up on these forums, I love talking to different people who I have never met about something we all enjoy. It's really nice to be a part of something so supportive and just talking (even just about a game) to people has helped me so much it's crazy. I'm continuing to work on myself and I know in time I will get through this, but it's nice to let it out a little, so thank you.

I've read so many other simmers posts on here and it's so sad, I really do wish you all the best. Nobody deserves to feel this way, nobody deserves to feel alone. And I really do hope it gets better and that you can all be happy! *all of the hugs*

Hello @BethanyShone
    I send big hugs to you <3 as you endure through your mental health issues. Crying is very beneficial for your inside. It helps you deep down inside, and is a way of expressing how you are feeling, when there are no words to express it. Cry whenever you need to. It would help to tell your friends about your mental health struggles. Friends care about what each are going through and can be a support for each other. It can be very helpful talking things over with other people. Your friends may also have their own mental health issues that they are going through themselves, and so together you can caringly support each other.
    You never ever need to be embarassed that you have mental health issues. Both mentally and physically, all health issues are the same and all effect our lives . They are all concerning and upsetting, and all equally involve effects on your mind and body.
    It would be best to go and talk over how you are feeling with your doctor. He /she will caringly listen and help to provide support for you in living with your ongoing mental struggles , in your day by day life.
    It is good that playing the Sims is helping you. It is a great and enjoyable way of helping you to take a break from real life and all that it is holding.
    I send more hugs to you <3
  • Options
    NotAJediOrSithNotAJediOrSith Posts: 153 Member
    fewlines wrote: »
    I am sorry I just saw this. I am very transparent about my mental health issue. I am on medication and have finally found the right combination that works well for me. If I may ask, why did ya wanna know?
    i'm glad you've found an effective combo. and tbh, i had no particular reason to ask. but i used to know somebody with bipolar disorder who had trouble finding the right medication. a friend told me she saw him recently, and that he seemed to be doing well. so i guess that must have been on my mind.

Yes, unfortunately it is a nightmare until you find the right medication combo. What makes it worse is it is just trial and error, you have to keep trying even though some medication can potentially worsen things. I am glad to hear your friend is doing better!
    Working on my first Sim story.

C'est la vie.

Come join our Superhero Text-Based Roleplay
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    @xiPopTartzx I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my own father when I was 7 and I didn't realise the grief and depression my mother was going through because I was too young and she tried to hide it from us 4 children. Your mother is probably still in shock and worried about the future. As @rosemow says your neighbours are probably a great help to her as she doesn't want to burden you both. Just be there for her and maybe give her and your brother a few hugs to help them through and it might help you too as you are all grieving in different ways.

<3
  • Options
    coogiekelpcoogiekelp Posts: 605 Member
    Thank you so much rosemow, you have once again given a helping hand to a fellow simmer. Thank you, much love to you. <3 I will talk things over with my mom and see how things turn out. Once again, thank you. <3
    Challenges completed: none yet :(
  • Options
    @Mchap353 Thank you so much. It's nice to hear this from someone else who understands, I didn't realize how my mom might be taking this in or trying to hide it from my brother and I. <3 Thank you so so much.
  • Options
    fewlinesfewlines Posts: 1,488 Member
    @xiPopTartzx, i am SO sorry. i hope you all will find the way to grieve together and support each other. *big hug*
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    @NotAJediOrSith, i think i know what you mean... i suffer from chronic pain, and the whole trial and error thing and how some medications can even make things worse/have awful side effects/etc. is exactly what i have experienced. it's rather like feeling you're a lab rat, right? i always wish that Sims would have chronic pain/mental health issues to deal with. it would be kind of cathartic to play them.

hey @BethanyShone, i wish you would not feel embarrassed. i hope that going to the mental health organisation helps you. all of those hugs back to you! let us know how you're doing.
  • Options
    @fewlines oh my adding a mental health issue would be amazing! You should go pitch it in the suggestion forum!!

C'est la vie.

• Options
    I send hugs to you <3 as you live day by day with your chronic pain @fewlines
    You have a very caring empathy for fellow simmers going through hard times and enduring pain and suffering ,
  • Options
    @rosemow you deserve a special unique forum rank. You're so kind.

C'est la vie.

• Options
    edited July 2017
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    @NotAJediOrSith, i think it has been suggested before. i remember people writing about it... perhaps it was about physical disabilities. hmm. if you want to pitch it yourself, go for it!

@rosemow, thank you very much!
  • Options
    @fewlines Thank you so much! <3 *big hug back*
  • Options
    samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member
    @fewlines @NotAJediOrSith Honestly I doubt they'll add mental health issues into the game just because they're obviously a serious topic and the game generally tries to stay pretty light, but I know for sure there are mods out there with mental illnesses as traits so it'd be worth looking that up if that's something you're interested in. :)
  • Options
    @samemie, you have a point there. (and thanks for the suggestion about mods.)
  • Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    @xiPopTartzx sorry to hear about your loss. my mother passed away a couple of months ago on Easter sunday. just know that time heals all wounds. hope you are feeling better soon. <3 HUG <3

@BethanyShone hope you are feeling better soon <3 hug <3

<3 hugs <3 to everybody going through tough times. hope everybody's situations improve soon.
  • Options
    Hello @luvdasims55
    I send big hugs to you <3 with the passing away of your much loved and loving Mother on Easter Sunday. I know that you posted about this in an earlier post of the thread. You will always keep very special memories of special times spent with her in your heart. You are very caring in your kind and thoughtful support to a fellow simmer whose loved parent has passed away just like you <3
  • Options
    oh @luvdasims55, i'm sorry to hear that! :(
  • Options
    ShyllowwShylloww Posts: 298 Member
    I found one of my cockatiels dead this morning. Its always sad losing a pet, no matter what kind they are. She didn't seem sick or anything. Just is so sudden.
    Origin ID: Sarahsmile37
  • Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    Shylloww wrote: »
    I found one of my cockatiels dead this morning. Its always sad losing a pet, no matter what kind they are. She didn't seem sick or anything. Just is so sudden.

really sorry to hear that, our pets are loved as family members. hope your grieving process is as short as possible. <3 hugs <3
  • Options
    ShyllowwShylloww Posts: 298 Member

really sorry to hear that, our pets are loved as family members. hope your grieving process is as short as possible. <3 hugs <3

Thank you so much!
    Origin ID: Sarahsmile37
  • Options

Hello @Shylloww
    I am sorry to hear about the death of your cockatiel. It would have been very upsetting and an awful shock to you when you saw her. I send hugs to you <3 Our pets are very special animal members of our household and it is very sad when they pass away. The suddenness of her passing would be upsetting for you.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    @Shylloww I know how you feel as I had the same happen to me this week with my little dog as I (mentioned on this thread). I send you a lot of big "hugs."

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top