Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stuff Pack gameplay feature vote results!

Comments

• SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    edited June 2017
    Laundry has never been free... Toddlers were always free.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    *sigh* Not sure if I'm even going to by this pack anymore.

Before the vote I thought "I'll get it no matter what, even if laundry wins"
    But now that I think about it, I don't want to encourage EA pulling this nonsense again when it should have been put in the Parenthood pack or another pack instead of shafting new features for it. So while I've bought every pack so far just for the sake of having them, I'll skip this one on principle and hope the others are cooler.

That's what I thought too, but now I am definitely thinking about it. They use a hyped up gameplay feature amongst a bunch of features that had almost no current demand. Like I have stated once, I'm sure they did exactly this knowing players would pick it, giving them an excuse to make you pay for it instead of giving it out for free.

Yeah, at this rate I won't be buying Sims 5 either if they plan on making basic features cost money like that. I think I'll just get some more 3 expansions and keep it at that.
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I have a name for it. Laundry Schmaundry. The Pfffft Stuff pack. Don't put it under an eco living theme and save that for the other far better ideas that were listed.

Hahaha :D Still giggling as I type this :D I know I am probably just over tired but lol, The Pfffft Stuff Pack. Love it!
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,703 Member
    Congrats to all the simmers who voted laundry! Not my choice but the majority won so I'm on board and hoping some of the other choices show up some time in the future. :)
  • IgneousGeldingIgneousGelding Posts: 393 Member
    I apologize, I did forget that. I'm getting confused with it being put in a much more fleshed out pack. Still though, my reasoning stands still. They made the theme practically pointless. They had so many design blurbs, yet they still went with laundry for the survey.
    Origin ID: graple2001
    I build things and sometimes share them. I'm not hogging, I'm just slow. I've recently wiped my gallery, so there might not be stuff up for a while.tumblr_nabmnaWdl21s7ujplo1_500.gif
    [quote="fullspiral;c-15860548"][quote="IgneousGelding;c-15860534"][quote="somethingstellar;c-15860524"][quote="gummybear0724;c-15860516"]*sigh* Not sure if I'm even going to by this pack anymore.[/quote]

But now that I think about it, I don't want to encourage EA pulling this nonsense again when it should have been put in the Parenthood pack or another pack instead of shafting new features for it. So while I've bought every pack so far just for the sake of having them, I'll skip this one on principle and hope the others are cooler.[/quote]

That's what I thought too, but now I am definitely thinking about it. They use a hyped up gameplay feature amongst a bunch of features that had almost no current demand. Like I have stated once, I'm sure they did exactly this knowing players would pick it, giving them an excuse to make you pay for it instead of giving it out for free. [/quote]

Yeah. They're pulling it out of whatever pack they were thinking of adding it to so they can get $10 for it. Little do they know that the 500 or so members of #teamLaundry were voting repeatedly for the last 72 hours. [/quote]

I don't doubt it. On my private search on Safari I could vote multiple times on the survey. Not all of them are insane, but there are definitely some members of #TeamLaundry that spammed the vote and screwed with the actual results. Again, not all of them, but I expect some of the more aggressive players to have figured that out and taken advantage of the site.
    I build things and sometimes share them. I'm not hogging, I'm just slow. I've recently wiped my gallery, so there might not be stuff up for a while.tumblr_nabmnaWdl21s7ujplo1_500.gif
  • SimGuruGrahamSimGuruGraham Posts: 1,188 SimGuru
    That's almost a landslide victory, all except for Russia having it in 2nd place. I guess there's a lot of people wanting the return of laundry worldwide.

Laundry was still in first place in Russia; it's Food Preserves and Off the Grid that swapped places. Russia voted:
    1. Laundry
    2. Food Preserves
    3. Off the Grid
    4. Carbon Conscious

But now that I think about it, I don't want to encourage EA pulling this nonsense again when it should have been put in the Parenthood pack or another pack instead of shafting new features for it. So while I've bought every pack so far just for the sake of having them, I'll skip this one on principle and hope the others are cooler.

That's what I thought too, but now I am definitely thinking about it. They use a hyped up gameplay feature amongst a bunch of features that had almost no current demand. Like I have stated once, I'm sure they did exactly this knowing players would pick it, giving them an excuse to make you pay for it instead of giving it out for free.

Yeah. They're pulling it out of whatever pack they were thinking of adding it to so they can get $10 for it. Little do they know that the 500 or so members of #teamLaundry were voting repeatedly for the last 72 hours.

I don't doubt it. On my private search on Safari I could vote multiple times on the survey. Not all of them are insane, but there are definitely some members of #TeamLaundry that spammed the vote and screwed with the actual results. Again, not all of them, but I expect some of the more aggressive players to have figured that out and taken advantage of the site.

There's probably people of all choices that did that. But given how large of a game The Sims is internationally, whatever "cheating" might have gone on would be a drop in the bucket. They'd be fighting a tide far larger than themselves. I doubt it would sway the overall vote.

• Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    The Sims 4 Taking You To the Cleaners.

nowhere near as funny as @fullspiral 's entry though.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    @SimGuruGraham if on the gallery for the sp it turns out there are premade laundry room please consider this design for a laundry room the pic i am using his also one that contains childhood memorys and other memorys i treasure thank you

34y3cy1.jpg
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(

Yeah. They're pulling it out of whatever pack they were thinking of adding it to so they can get $10 for it. Little do they know that the 500 or so members of #teamLaundry were voting repeatedly for the last 72 hours.

There's probably people of all choices that did that. But given how large of a game The Sims is internationally, whatever "cheating" might have gone on would be a drop in the bucket. They'd be fighting a tide far larger than themselves. I doubt it would sway the overall vote.

I know mine didn't lmao If you clear your browser history of its cookies you can vote as many times as you want. I purposely voted for everything other than laundry hoping it would help. It didn't.
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member

No doubt. I can see it now.....

i32xN6X.gif
  • szMermaidszMermaid Posts: 254 Member
    Hello Simmers! Let's get right to it...

Laundry is the winning group of gameplay features that we'll create for this upcoming Stuff Pack, after capturing the most votes from this community! In fact, when we examined the outcome across the different regions that voted, the results were almost entirely aligned. Nearly everyone voted for the options in the following order...
    1. Laundry
    2. Off the Grid
    3. Food Preserves
    4. Carbon Conscious

The only exception to this result came from players in Russia, where Food Preserves swapped places with Off the Grid by a slim margin.

With these results in hand, we have a clear path forward for this pack. In the coming weeks our Stuff Pack designer will get to work writing full designs for Washers, Dryers, Clotheslines, Wash Tubs, and Ironing Boards. I'm looking forward to sharing those full designs with you, so that we can collaborate on the little details which are so important to creating a fun - and full - Sims experience.

You also have two more votes to look forward to, now with concrete dates on when they will occur. The Pack Icon Vote will start on September 6th, followed by the Pack Title Vote starting September 13th, where we will select the final name for this Stuff Pack.

In the meantime, watch for more in-depth looks into game development right here on this forum. In the coming weeks I'll be sharing more art, showing off the hairstyles that will come with this pack, discussing the process we follow internally to get from the initial brainstorm to the feature groups you voted on, and more!

Are there any chance to we get "Off the grid" on another pack on the future? Or it is already a completely excluded idea?
    xyIcMqt.png

If you would like to see Off-The-Grid, Canning/Preserving, and Freegan/Carbon Conscious be made in to a Game Pack or EP, sign the petition!: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/921310/off-the-grid-gamepack-petition-374-signatures/p1?new=1
  • rp_girlrp_girl Posts: 103 Member
    > @fullspiral said:
    > IgneousGelding wrote: »
    >
    >
    > I don't doubt it. On my private search on Safari I could vote multiple times on the survey. Not all of them are insane, but there are definitely some members of #TeamLaundry that spammed the vote and screwed with the actual results. Again, not all of them, but I expect some of the more aggressive players to have figured that out and taken advantage of the site.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > No doubt. I can see it now.....

off topic,but that picture lol
  • YumiSimsYumiSims Posts: 3 New Member
    Honestly, it's amazing you guys are allowing us to vote. Yet, I think we all knew laundry would win when in reality it should of been in the base game or included in any other DLC. This isn't a "stuff pack". Seems like we will be wasting money like some of us did for simply one object (I'm referring to the rocking climbing wall with the Fitness Stuff Pack). I know it is just a stuff pack, but Off The Grid had second most votes and will enhance gameplay. I am getting very tired of spending money on things that aren't very enjoyable for the long run. We have all been waiting for pets, seasons, even something like generations but we haven't received any of that and we have been very patient. I am aware this has changed from voting for laundry to something we deserve much more like pets. I am not upset that my vote didn't win, I am upset with spending so much money and hoping for the best only to be let down. I hope you all took this into consideration. I am not trying to should rude or hating on The Sims and their team. I love all these votes we have been able to cast. But I am a little upset that many simmers still aren't getting the best experience that I know is very possible. Well, we will see how this and future DLCs pan out. Thank you.
  • ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    edited June 2017
    Well looks like my continued tradition of not buying stuff packs shall continue, not that I really expected a different result I think we mostly knew the winner when the theme was chosen.

Congrats laundry hope you all enjoy your pack :) I'll also do my little happy dance, I know exactly where laundry is and exactly how to avoid it, no worrying over losing sculpting and ghost busting careers :p. Seriously #TeamLaundry congrats.

I also hope off the grid and food preserves see the light of day in one form or another.
    [/quote]

There's probably people of all choices that did that. But given how large of a game The Sims is internationally, whatever "cheating" might have gone on would be a drop in the bucket. They'd be fighting a tide far larger than themselves. I doubt it would sway the overall vote.[/quote]

Again, I don't doubt it people in favor of either four choices figured something similar out and took advantage of the survey. But, to be honest, this all is just really questionable. Why would they ever put laundry beneath an Eco living theme in the first place? I think there's a lot of bias going around behind the scenes, because any team capable of producing a best-selling franchise would have been able to predict that players would have flocked to the laundry like moths to flame. There really was no point for this gameplay feature survey. It gave everyone a false sense of hope, and I'm sure EA knows that they've lost a decent amount of potential buyers by playing it all this way.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited June 2017
    I voted Off the Grid, but I'm really happy Laundry won especially for @friendlysimmers. I know he has wanted laundry as much as I wanted toddlers. I mean whenever I heard laundry suggested, I always thought of her. So congrats for never giving up on wanting the feature and seeing it come about in the future. Another poll completed by the community. :)
    Post edited by Scobre on
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    [quote="Scobre;c-15860588"]I voted Off the Grid, but I'm really happy Laundry won especially for @friendlysimmers. I know she has wanted laundry as much as I wanted toddlers. I mean whenever I heard laundry suggested, I always thought of her. So congrats for never giving up on wanting the feature and seeing it come about in the future. Another poll completed by the community. :)[/quote]

Tbh, @friendlysimmers was being quite rude about it earlier. Kind of made me dislike laundry more than I already did. It really sucks, I like everything else in the pack.
    New plan.
    I'll plunk my money in to the Sims 3 expansions I don't have, stop buying Sims 4 packs until the series is over, and then only buy them when they're half price hahahahaha I'll save oodles of money this way. I just won't be up to date on the latest gossip.
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
    edited June 2017

Again, I don't doubt it people in favor of either four choices figured something similar out and took advantage of the survey. But, to be honest, this all is just really questionable. Why would they ever put laundry beneath an Eco living theme in the first place? I think there's a lot of bias going around behind the scenes, because any team capable of producing a best-selling franchise would have been able to predict that players would have flocked to the laundry like moths to flame. There really was no point for this gameplay feature survey. It gave everyone a false sense of hope, and I'm sure EA knows that they've lost a decent amount of potential buyers by playing it all this way.

Every single theme that they put to vote can be found in the Ideas forum. The lack of death and danger, arcade, weddings, laundry, etc. They stated at the very beginning that they were putting up the ideas with the most requests. Laundry just so happens to be the thing that won. They combined ideas underneath general themes, but nothing was concrete.

Take the Death Pack for example. Some people wanted to focus on the calamity of death, the introduction of burglars, and new ways to die. Others, wanted to focus on adding cemeteries and funerals (everything AFTER death, so to speak). If that was the theme that won, we would have voted on 1,000 Ways to Die vs. Funerals. So, even that theme could have gone in many directions and the final name of it would reflect that.

Edited for weird quoting issues

[quote="somethingstellar;c-15860597"]New plan.
    I'll plunk my money in to the Sims 3 expansions I don't have, stop buying Sims 4 packs until the series is over, and then only buy them when they're half price hahahahaha I'll save oodles of money this way. I just won't be up to date on the latest gossip.[/quote]

Id be so with you if my computer could handle all that lmao

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top