Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 on macOS Sierra

Hello simmers out there.

A little update about The Sims 4 on Apples new operating system for Mac. macOS Sierra.

I have installed the Golden master just released. If you wish to play Sims 4, you need to disable Origin in the game in Origin preferences.
I had no sound before the setting, and my mouse only worked with left click, no right click.

If anyone else have a problem you can post here, and if I can replicate the problem, I will try to come up with a solution until Origin and the Sims 4 works properly together.
(please keep the problems technical ;) )

Comments

• sutivirus12sutivirus12 Posts: 110 Member
    I installed the GM last night, and surprisingly, I have no glitches at all.

Before, the mouse didn't work, but now, everything works fine. :) (Although, I have the beta version of Origin).
    thesims4galleryhousessignature_zps7u25o7vp.png
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Please remember that this is a "beta" of the OS that will be released later in the Fall. Games and especially the Sims does not work and play well with the Beta tests. Usually, the games do work properly by the time the official release has been sent out.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • teej_Simmerteej_Simmer Posts: 3 New Member
    I'm so scared to update since Sims 3 didn't work with Mac OS X Yosemite of El Capitan. I'm not sure about Sierra either.
    Yes, Sims 3 did and does work with El Capitan. You just have to make sure everything is properly backed up before switching.
  • Victoria0242Victoria0242 Posts: 7 New Member
    I am using a MacBook Air. I've been playing Sims 4 for almost a year, and I've downloaded a lot of custom content. I downloaded macOS sierra the other day, and I decided to download some more custom content and now since downloading sierra, I can't find any of my sims 4 folders, including the mods folder. The game still works perfectly, just can't find any folders. Anyone know what's causing this?
  • Victoria0242Victoria0242 Posts: 7 New Member
    Disregard my last comment. I figured out my problem
  • teej_Simmerteej_Simmer Posts: 3 New Member
    The thing is, Sims 3 kept crashing on both Yosemite and El Capitan. Mavericks, well it works like a charm!
    Sims 3 worked like a charm on all the OS updates and works wonderfully on Sierra. As for problem you may be encountering, you need to visit the Sims 3 Mac section as this is the Sims 4 section. :)
  • BoiBoi Posts: 3 New Member
    An error occurred while starting the X11 server: "Failed to activate core devices."

Click Quit to quit X11. Click Report to see more details or send a report to Apple.

HELP!!!!!!
    Which version of the Sims are you trying to run? And please give us the specs of your Mac.
    Which version of the Sims are you trying to run? And please give us the specs of your Mac.

Version doesn't show. But my friends can all play but mine gives an error. I have the exact same laptop.

macOS Sierra
    Version 10.12

MacBook Air (11-inch, Mid 2012)
    CPU 1,7 GHz Intel Core i5
    Memory 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Macintosh HD
    Graphics Card Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB
    Do you need serial number?
    I was asking if they were trying to play Sims 3 or 4. We do have an entire section for Mac Help in the Sims 3 section.
    Oh, then it is Sims 4
  • Fweggie51Fweggie51 Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm playing the sims 4 on a MacBook Pro 13" retina, and I've looked all around the internet for solutions as to why my game is crashing, its not my mods that are interfering with my game because I removed them and its still crashing, I got a new web drive and everything, I've tried offline mode. still crashes. Ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling. still crashes, and I honestly have no idea what to do, when I first installed the sims on my MacBook, it was working perfectly fine, after a while, it would just start crashing, and everything is up to date. someone please help, I miss my game :((
    Did you try moving your Sims 4 folder? It's found Documents > Electronic Arts > Sims 4. Move it to your Desktop. Do not delete it as this has your saved games. Start a new game and see if it still crashes.