Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

OK this is really frustrating

My Sims games audio does not work sometimes when I load up the game. My actual computer sound is all the way up, but the game itself will not have audio. I have to quit the game and re-load hoping the audio is working. This is a fairly new problem so I don't know what could be causing it. I have checked all audio settings for my computer and the game and they are up at max volume. Anyone have this issue?

Comments

• sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    The only time I had this kind of problem was if I was using my headphones didn't unplug the USB them a certain way. I could only get the volume to work again in game by restarting my computer.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    Are you on a desktop or laptop?
  • megiaremegiare Posts: 421 Member
    Haven't had it happen to me yet, but I'll bwat @rosemow and ask if you have any mods installed?
    aD9wyNW.jpg
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
    Are you on a desktop or laptop?

Mac laptop. I loaded the game up twice and absolutely no audio.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I had it a time or two and it turned out I had inadvertently clicked something or pressed a key making the game an inactive window if that makes sense, all I had to do was click the middle of the screen to make The Sims the active window again.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    Hello
    If the issues continue to occur, move the " options" or " options.ini" file from your sims 4 folder to the desktop. Start the game and see if the issues remain. You will need to reset your settings again in game options, because a new options file will have been created.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I had it a time or two and it turned out I had inadvertently clicked something or pressed a key making the game an inactive window if that makes sense, all I had to do was click the middle of the screen to make The Sims the active window again.
    That's happened to me as well, either that or the headphones won't be fully plugged in if I'm using them. You could also run a sound check I think under Settings or Diagnostics -- I'm currently using a Windows laptop but I've used Macs in the past -- or even just bring up YouTube and see if you have similar issues there.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited June 2017
    Could be the audio driver needing an update. Check any outdated mods. Since you're on Mac, post this over in the Mac section if the tips here don't solve it.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • naszillanaszilla Posts: 17 New Member
    What kind of laptop and what operating system?
    Any custom content installed?
    You are giving us very vague answers here...
  • KininaKinina Posts: 124 Member
    I switch between windows all the time. TS4 takes seconds to completely boot for me but I recall once switching between windows and then going back to the game's window and there was no sound. I freaked and did a reboot and the same time happened. I ended up just clicking anywhere on the screen (the game' window) making the game window become active and it worked.
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
    It's a Mac OS X. I do have CC. But this wasn't an issue before the last patch. It's a crapshoot every time I load up the game to see if audio is working. When the audio doesn't work, neither does the camera tilt. But when the audio works, the camera tilt works fine.
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    I run Sims 4 on an iMac 27" late 2012 model and I've never had these problems. However in order to help us fix this issues you describe, we need the following information which you should always give us when reporting a bug, issue or problem.

1) What type of Mac are playing on? MacBook, MacBook Pro, iMac.
    2) What model year? This information is found if you right click on the Black Apple Logo in the upper left hand corner of your screen. Never give the serial number as that is "personal" information about your computer.
    3) What type of graphics card does your computer have? Again found under the Black Apple Logo.
    4) What version of the Mac OS are you running on?
    5) Do you play with Mods and CC? Yes, this actually can cause problems as the CC or Mods may need to be updated for the latest patch/Game content.

This way EA can see if there is a common problem or perhaps a one off that may or may not need to be addressed. :)
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.