Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stuff Pack clothing vote results!

Comments

• bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    nolurk wrote: »
    Just as I have to wonder if most of what voters gravitated toward may have been just the different styles of clothing options and assets being offered for women?

Sure, maybe, given womens' fashion is often more varied than mens' in general in real life.

But if the forum feedback was loud enough to push the team into adding some of them to the pack, why were only the female assets added back in? Why not remove two tops from the womens' selection and give us the top and trousers that the man in the art style vote was wearing?

Surely simmers who voted for Style B out of interest in the male outfit deserve those pieces. I know I was looking forward to them.
  • BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    I like the selection but would gladly give up one of the adult female shirts for another piece for kids or something for toddlers.

Ridiculously excited that the concept outfit for females is being added though!!!
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    This is why majority of my CC is male clothing and shoes.
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I'm a little disappointed that the kids didn't get any new shoes, but I do like we have... just wished there could've been more.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    I don't like to bring the excitement down, but I really liked a lot of the other male clothing, and some of the final selections are, for me, underwhelming and a little repetitive. I'm with those who want more guy stuff (NEED more varieties of guy stuff!), BOTH of the original concept outfits, plus more long sleeves and long skirts for women. We don't all live in Cali, and it kind of feels like there's a tendency to stick to a California vibe. Not trying to bash, just my perspective.
    #Team Occult
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    For Real? none of the skirts made it in, only those ugly jeans that I did not want, figures, seems only 2 or 3 items I picked made it, the rest did not, and those ugly Brown shoes I so did not pick either, I picked a different pair, Ug so not happy bout this but oh well.
  • FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    I like the objects, but I'm not all that crazy about the clothes. The women's dress does have a certain appeal, but I have never liked that hemline (although maybe it will look better in the game). I quite like the tops, but I am sorry to see so many tops and so few new bottoms to go with them. I really don't need another pair of low-cut jeans, not even with the addition of the belt. I like the first men's shirt, the girl's dress and the ladies' sandals -- and that's about it. Oh well, can't have everything.
  • PugLove888PugLove888 Posts: 674 Member
    I'm ambivalent about the winners because while I love that the full body outfit for females was chosen, and I'm excited for the children's clothing, and I LOVE that off-the-shoulder puffy shirt for females, <3 ... I am sad that the sandals I REALLY wanted didn't make the cut, and we need more children's shoes and items for males, not to mention a top I wanted for females didn't make the cut, and I REALLY wanted those skirts for females! :'( The skirts that didn't make the cut would have gone PERFECTLY with those tops that did make the cut!
    What it boils down to is that I think EVERY item should have made the cut since most of the female items were cute, and we really NEED male items and children's items! :*
    (I'm hating the female shoes that were chosen, unless they come in some better color choices!) ;)
    Home is where your Pugs are! <3
  • killed.Persephonekilled.Persephone Posts: 53 Member
    I am very disappointed with that results.
    The children and toddlers didn't get anything, the men didn't even have one full outfit and the women always have too many. Two tops would have been enough and then more bottoms, e.g. the capri pants (or the full outfit with it), the harem pants and the belted skirt.
    ORIGIN-ID: killedPersephone
    My Builds: Dark Dreams Architectures
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2017
    Actually every where I go that has family clothing the womens clothing department is 3 or more times bigger than any other clothing department because let's face it women love clothes and lots of them - while men - not so much. Sure men like stylish clothing but just not to the scale of how much most women love clothing and especially lots of variety. Some women even dress according to their mood, or worse, to impress - some will not repeat an outfit for months if they wore that outfit recently, and even ladies like me who is real particular about an outfit and like just certain style and certain colors and is not big in having walk in closets filled to overflowing with choices - well even though I seldom wear anything outside of my basic style which is very Boho with touches of Ship and shore, and some western jeans style now and then - well I still have way more clothing than my hubby and personally I hate shopping and only shop when I absolutely have to (even then it is usually online as Boho is not easily found in a Mall) I shop mainly Zulily online - but my point is even a person not big on owning tons of clothes I still have way more than my spouse.

Women just always have more clothes and more styles available to them than men - and it could be why there will never be a balance.

ETA - Funny a lot of the clothes chosen/offered for the ladies is style I see all the time in my go to store - Zulily.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• HimynameisHimynameis Posts: 336 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Actually every where I go that has family clothing the womens clothing department is 3 or more times bigger than any other clothing department because let's face it women love clothes and lots of them - while men - not so much. Sure men like stylish clothing but just not to the scale of how much most women love clothing and especially lots of variety. Some women even dress according to their mood, or worse, to impress - some will not repeat an outfit for months if they wore that outfit recently, and even ladies like me who is real particular about an outfit and like just certain style and certain colors and is not big in having walk in closets filled to overflowing with choices - well even though I seldom wear anything outside of my basic style which is very Boho with touches of Ship and shore, and some western jeans style now and then - well I still have way more clothing than my hubby and personally I hate shopping and only shop when I absolutely have to (even then it is usually online as Boho is not easily found in a Mall) I shop mainly Zulily online - but my point is even a person not big on owning tons of clothes I still have way more than my spouse.

Women just always have more clothes and more styles available to them than men - and it could be why there will never be a balance.

ETA - Funny a lot of the clothes chosen/offered for the ladies is style I see all the time in my go to store - Zulily.

You would have a point if the team didn't constantly make the same male hipster esque style over and over and over again. It's grating boring repetive and pointless. Even in vampires where the theme was Victorian the men hardly got any Victorian themed things but instead got more modern and hipster clothes. It's annoying as plum to be honest. And let's be Franks this team can't for the life of them even try to be creative with the male clothing. It's all the same and the tiny selections they give us doesn't help. I'm not calling for males to always get more than females but for the love of plus at least try to get more variety on them and stop giving us the same designs just slightly altered. Where are the male shirts with graphics on them? Where are the male pants that are actual skinny jeans? There are so many options that they just don't even try to make for males. And I have mentioned in another post but why don't males get more stuff in packs where there would be more for them like the new fitness pack? Men do generally have more to offer in terms of fitness stuff but you can bet that women will have more than men in that pack too. It's predictable boring and honestly very sexist of them.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Ohh pants number 44 are missing :'( didn't really like the clothing a whole lot to begin with though, so I'm glad other people got what they wanted. At least I got most of the objects I really wanted :D
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Himynameis wrote: »

You would have a point if the team didn't constantly make the same male hipster esque style over and over and over again. It's grating boring repetive and pointless. Even in vampires where the theme was Victorian the men hardly got any Victorian themed things but instead got more modern and hipster clothes. It's annoying as plum to be honest. And let's be Franks this team can't for the life of them even try to be creative with the male clothing. It's all the same and the tiny selections they give us doesn't help. I'm not calling for males to always get more than females but for the love of plus at least try to get more variety on them and stop giving us the same designs just slightly altered. Where are the male shirts with graphics on them? Where are the male pants that are actual skinny jeans? There are so many options that they just don't even try to make for males. And I have mentioned in another post but why don't males get more stuff in packs where there would be more for them like the new fitness pack? Men do generally have more to offer in terms of fitness stuff but you can bet that women will have more than men in that pack too. It's predictable boring and honestly very sexist of them.

Yeah I sort of agree with this. There's so little for men! That's why most of mine always wear the same stuff :(
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    Awesomesauce!

What you said!
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    Sure men like stylish clothing but just not to the scale of how much most women love clothing and especially lots of variety ... Women just always have more clothes and more styles available to them than men - and it could be why there will never be a balance.

It's not a matter of whether men aren't interested in clothing variety in the real world (lots of men are, anyway). Your husband could go buy more clothes if he wanted - but players can't go choose more clothes for male sims unless they are provided to us.

It can't entirely be that men have "less styles" available, either. There was a male outfit in the original "art style B" vote, and the top and pants are different stylistically from the assets that won the clothing vote.

So why wasn't the man's outfit included when the woman's was?
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    bizuktag wrote: »

Because on the whole people play female Sims more often than males, geesh.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    edited June 2017
    Simanite wrote: »

They're including similar patterns than the male outfit had. The shirt that got voted is almost the same and the trousers will be shorter I guess.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Sigh I'm a little conflicted. I do like that extra full body outfit and (especially) those boots so I'm happy about them. And that first women's top is really the only thing I liked for women so I'm glad that's there. And I love the girls dress. However I wish we could have got those little girls sandals and those orange shoes with laces for women, the male clothes chosen were not my favourite and I'd rather have seen more clothes for kids because there were some nice options. I hope some of the male and kid clothing might make it in another pack.

Sounds like my vote was similar to yours. I was desperately hoping the girls sandals would make it through. Sigh. I guess two kid items are better than none.
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,307 Member

*citation needed
  • UntaintedUntainted Posts: 3 New Member
    @kokoro80 yes that's why I think having the "option" to have it be turned on or off maybe in settings for those who choose to play with or without it. Thanks for sharing
  • m11kjm11kj Posts: 410 Member
    edited June 2017
    im kind of surprised the male pants with one end rolled up didnt make the cut, so many ppl seemed to have picked it.
    when they get to making models i hope they include more texture in the fabrics. the smoothy-clayish-slippery fabricated open up shirts in bowling and backyard really put me off.

ETA: quite happy to see the first short sleeve shirt with rolled up sleeves. yay.
    ETA 2: not backyard, perfect patio. always mix them up in my head. and not first, third. 1st in GTW, 2nd in bowling. but looking forward to it being the 1st with good quality:P
    Post edited by m11kj on

W79XhDj.png
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,474 Member
    They should make an SP just for kids and male sims CAS assets only. I'd buy it in a heartbeat. :D
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    edited June 2017
    4 of the items I voted for made it. The men's shirt, the rose-colored women's top with patches on the neckline, the women's pants and the girl's outfit were all things I voted for. I'm also glad to see the female outfit from the concept art. I voted for sandals that were similar to the ones that won as well.

Obviously, I like that stuff and I do like all of the men's shirts - those were all ones I would have voted for with more votes. I like that first women's top as well though I'm not crazy about the amount of shirts that are crop tops in this pack. The tank top and the deep v-neck shirt look a lot like stuff that we already have or stuff that is available in other packs, the v-neck especially. There were a lot of cute designs in the voting options and I'd have loved to see more of those. I hope they will offer a variety of patterns.

Between the clothes, the objects and the art style, some things that I wanted have made it including a few that I didn't have enough votes for. Honestly, that's probably enough for me to be interested when it comes out. I don't need to like everything if there's some stuff that I will use or consider to be a nice addition to my game. If I were evaluating this pack in my normal way, I'd probably get it.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,420 Member
    Very disappointed with the clothing choices. When the winning objects were changed because there was too much similarity, I had hopes that the clothing would be handled the same way. I had hoped that any blatant favoritism for young adult female clothing would be tempered and changes would be made to be more fair to male and children sims. I hoped that perhaps there would be 2 articles of clothing for little boys and 2 for little girls. But no. We get two off the shoulder shirts for women, a halter top, and a spaghetti strap top. Jenkies. This just dropped off my 'buy it when it comes out' list and went to my 'maybe when it goes on sale' list.
  • SimlishPopstarSimlishPopstar Posts: 204 Member
    I didn't get the chance to partake but I'm happy with these results to be quite frank!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top