Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

University Life Bug thread

1363738394042...Next

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Jessiebrum wrote: »
    Hello!
    I had a bug that my sims didn't arrive at university and it caused me a lot of hard work, but I finally solved it! I will post here what I've done, cause this topic help me a lot and hope it help someone else
    When I send them to university and the bug happened, I have installed the nraas mod and the oportunity call fix. I tried to send them to travel some WA world, but the UI was missing. So, I've installed the overwatch mod, sell all my family inventory stuff, made my two sims talk a lot, made sure they had a high school diploma in their inventory and it works!
    Sorry for my English but I hope it can help you the same as it help me!
    The NRaas Traveler mod, together with Overwatch and ErrorTrap, is the one intended to help smooth out travel transitions and prevent the loss of UI upon arrival among other things. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • WelshDragonessWelshDragoness Posts: 3 New Member
    Hello all,

I hope some one can help me here.

I have only just purchased the Sims 3 University pack. I am trying to complete one opportunity which is Give Podium Lecture at the University Quad. Now I can not find a podium to give a lecture on in that area nor can I buy a podium and place it in that area. Any time I try to I get taken back to my sims home lot. What am I missing?
    edited June 2017
    Hello all,

I hope some one can help me here.

I have only just purchased the Sims 3 University pack. I am trying to complete one opportunity which is Give Podium Lecture at the University Quad. Now I can not find a podium to give a lecture on in that area nor can I buy a podium and place it in that area. Any time I try to I get taken back to my sims home lot. What am I missing?
    During regular hours (not overnight), look in the Student Union. There is a classroom in there where sims who are enrolled attend lectures, one day a week each and always on Tuesdays and Thursdays. It's where your sim will attend theirs at the scheduled time. When it's not in use for those scheduled class lectures, the podium should be available. I don't know exactly what is needed to satisfy the opportunity, but it's the most convenient access to one I can think of.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • WelshDragonessWelshDragoness Posts: 3 New Member
    I have tried that a few times now and that did not count to finish the opportunity.
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    Are you sure the opportunity specifies the university quad? I find that surprising since there is no podium there. I have had sims complete a 'give lecture on podium' opportunity at the student union though. Odd that it doesn't work for you. I guess you can try a few things:

1. Try the podium at the coffee house.
    2. Enable testing cheats, shift click on the university quad lot, select Buy Mode, and purchase a podium for the quad.
    3. Edit the quad lot in Edit Town and add a podium. You might need to use the EnableLotLocking cheat (set to true, and requires testing cheats to be enabled).
    4. Start a protest at the quad. I think a podium will spawn there and your sim can rant or give a speech. I'm not sure about doing a lecture there though. I've only done a protest once and I seem to recall a podium being available. It might depend on what kind of protest your sim does.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    Has anyone had the issue where the mascot doesn't show up and instead the sim keeps getting multiple welcome kits in their family inventory? I do play a custom world, its only happening in this save, I tried a new save in a different custom world and it didn't happen and it didn't happen in the ea worlds.I tried testingcheats and clicking on the mailbox to force NPC but the mascot wasn't an option.
  • Heres_Trouble6Heres_Trouble6 Posts: 2 New Member
    So my sim went off to University and everything was mostly ok throughout the trip. However, coming back was the issue. I looked at my friends list and saw most the people from University were grayed out as I imagine they should be. But after about a day, I looked again and they slowly became a part of my world. They just randomly became Homeless sims. They don't seem to roam around town, but I still fear what will happen when I go back to University as I'm not sure if they will still be there causing issues with several of the same sim existing. I have the Traveler mod btw.
    edited September 2018
    So my sim went off to University and everything was mostly ok throughout the trip. However, coming back was the issue. I looked at my friends list and saw most the people from University were grayed out as I imagine they should be. But after about a day, I looked again and they slowly became a part of my world. They just randomly became Homeless sims. They don't seem to roam around town, but I still fear what will happen when I go back to University as I'm not sure if they will still be there causing issues with several of the same sim existing. I have the Traveler mod btw.
    I believe what you are experiencing is tourism, not sims moving into your world permanently. Tourists are what we call mini-sims, downscaled data representations of the full-fledged sims who are still back in their own homeworld. If you haven't been to many (or any) other foreign worlds in this ongoing game save, and Uni counts as foreign, then it stands to reason that all or most of the tourists you now have will come from there.

To tell if such a sim is indeed a tourist mini-sim, try to change one of their outfits or bring them into MasterController's version of CAS. You actually won't be able to since they don't arrive with enough data to support that. There are limited things you can do with these tourists, saying hello, inviting them over, and/or hanging out with them are fine, marrying them or forcefully shoving them into a proper household one way or another are not. They do not cause any duplicate sim issues when you revisit their own homeworld.

If you don't like the tourism feature, this can be scaled back or shut down entirely using NRaas Register.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    The only issues I've had with Sims 3 University to date are gameplay issues: Students crowding the entrance to lecture buildings so that nobody can get in or out of the ONE door to the building, and Sims ALWAYS getting sick from the candy bars in the vending machines.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • AftrNoonOvrRideAftrNoonOvrRide Posts: 79 Member
    How do I fix the issue of a Sim not moving when they come back home? Other games I played never experienced this problem.
    Now, the game just stops working. List of controllable sims doesn't appear anymore and the Sims I sent to University wouldn't move.
    How do I fix the issue of a Sim not moving when they come back home? Other games I played never experienced this problem.
    Now, the game just stops working. List of controllable sims doesn't appear anymore and the Sims I sent to University wouldn't move.
    That's a travel transition error and can happen when traveling in either direction. If not averse to using mods, NRaas Traveler (working together with Overwatch and ErrorTrap) very often smooths those out for us and prevents them from happening. There is nothing you can do when arriving in a foreign world or back home again when you don't have a controllable household to play properly except quit without saving.

Without mods all we can do is reduce as much stress on the game as possible before travel or return travel of any kind, keep lots of Save As copies handy in case reverting to them becomes necessary, and hope for the best.
    -- Clear out sims' personal inventories as much as practical
    -- Play offline, meaning not logged in at the Launcher or in-game levels
    -- Switch off the in-game TS3 store shopping experience and the interactive hidden object startup game
    -- Turn all graphics settings down to their bare ugly minimum and switch off Advanced Rendering before travel, just temporarily as the game will not look nice being run that way
    -- Only attempt travel in either direction after a fresh loadup from scratch, which you would have to do after changing many of the graphics settings anyway and be sure to save (as), quit, and reload the game as soon as practical after a safe arrival with a controllable household showing up as it should
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Lilypink79Lilypink79 Posts: 115 Member
    Has anyone had the issue where the mascot doesn't show up and instead the sim keeps getting multiple welcome kits in their family inventory? I do play a custom world, its only happening in this save, I tried a new save in a different custom world and it didn't happen and it didn't happen in the ea worlds.I tried testingcheats and clicking on the mailbox to force NPC but the mascot wasn't an option.

i'm having this issue now. Does anyone know how to resolve it? I have used Nraas mod to stop the mascot from showing up however I now constantly have welcome kits appearing in my inventory (every time I load the game)
    I've got 99 problems and TS4 glitches are 99 of them

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top