Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Triplet TODDLERS!!!!

KyliesswartzKyliesswartz Posts: 225 Member
My sim has triplet toddlers. Normally I like to control how many babies I have (MC Commander) but this time I was like "oh nothing bad can happen"! When she went into labor she first had a boy and I was happy. Then she had another boy and I was like "ok twins I can handle this". Then she had a girl. I don't know how people do this in real life because I am barely surviving. Now that the new parenting pack is coming out I am going to have a even HARDER time then before. I can not wait till they age up! If any simmer has had triplets before, please tell me how you do it!!

Comments

• John4estJohn4est Posts: 202 Member
    I moved the other two kids I didn't want in with a townie and then deleted them all together. No thank you, game, you psychopaths.
    2qwq9ah.jpg
  • FluorescentSoapFluorescentSoap Posts: 1,472 Member
    edited May 2017
    My sim has triplet toddlers. Normally I like to control how many babies I have (MC Commander) but this time I was like "oh nothing bad can happen"! When she went into labor she first had a boy and I was happy. Then she had another boy and I was like "ok twins I can handle this". Then she had a girl.
    I don't know how people do this in real life because I am barely surviving. Now that the new parenting pack is coming out I am
    going to have a even HARDER time then before. If any simmer has had triplets before, please tell me how you do it!!

My sim just went through the same! she had two boys and a girl. I'm not sure because I have a certain MOD *ahem* I cannot name it here, but you probably know what it is.. so everytime from that I seem to be getting triplets lol.

I am giving two of them away because the house is not big enough and I only wanted one child.. plus she's only a teen (mods) so that is too much for her to handle.

tumblr_inline_oqdvr8Z3jV1qbd7br_540.gif
    ⌠ Team Holy Hêll ⌡ [Currently playing TS4]
  • sunspritersunspriter Posts: 125 Member
    Can't believe people don't want the multiples, I love when the game throws me those! As for surviving, tbh I don't think you can unless you dedicate your play to JUST raising toddlers (they're much easier after childhood) or cheat their needs. If I only focus on the home and the needs of the toddlers though, it's pretty fun.
  • DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    My sim has triplet toddlers. Normally I like to control how many babies I have (MC Commander) but this time I was like "oh nothing bad can happen"! When she went into labor she first had a boy and I was happy. Then she had another boy and I was like "ok twins I can handle this". Then she had a girl.
    I don't know how people do this in real life because I am barely surviving. Now that the new parenting pack is coming out I am
    going to have a even HARDER time then before. If any simmer has had triplets before, please tell me how you do it!!

The key is to get them all on the same schedule. Feed them at the same time, regardless if they need it or not. Tackle bath time one after the other. And forego the high chairs. Just make a group serving, several when you get the time, and pull them out and put them on the table and have the toddlers grab a serving on their own. It's less of the "fun" stuff with that many and more "surviving". Also, independent trait is your best friend. Toddlers can go potty on their own with that trait right off the bat instead of needing to be taking to the potty until level 2.
  • KyliesswartzKyliesswartz Posts: 225 Member
    @DivieOwl Thank you for telling me about the independent trait! Usally when I have a toddler the first thing I do is try to get them to level two on the potty skill so I don't have to deal with it. This is a live saver!
  • DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    @DivieOwl Thank you for telling me about the independent trait! Usally when I have a toddler the first thing I do is try to get them to level two on the potty skill so I don't have to deal with it. This is a live saver!

You're welcome. I just had triplets and I now have twins. Multiples seem to be the theme with my sims.
  • amberquigleyamberquigley Posts: 122 Member
    I had the issue of living in a tiny apartment and was playing a single sim who was pregnant from a one night stand and was thinking "ok she doesn't have fertility and there is no lay line traits on this lot, I hardly get twins without those" and the BOOM! Triplets, it was so hard fitting their furniture in and my sim was miserable. Made for an interesting challenge though.
  • Mizz_TriceyMizz_Tricey Posts: 32 Member
    I am playing 3 families and I gave all the women the fertility trait to increase their chances of having multiples and I still only get a single baby! My game obviously doesn't like twins :'(
  • kristal2424kristal2424 Posts: 131 Member
    triplet toddlers are easy to look after for feeding u make a family meal and tell them to grab, u can tell them to sleep and once u potty train it easy
  • Meow_its_DanforthMeow_its_Danforth Posts: 86 Member
    Oh I so could not handle triplets! I have a serious panic attack when I notice I have twins! The Sim gods could possibly not bless me with three...right? :D
  • amberquigleyamberquigley Posts: 122 Member
    Oh I so could not handle triplets! I have a serious panic attack when I notice I have twins! The Sim gods could possibly not bless me with three...right? :D

That's what I said...
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited May 2017
    I got triplets just a few weeks ago. It was a nightmare. Well first I was happy because it was my first time ever having triplets. Unfortunatelly my sim's husband cheated on her with their neighbour and she (neighbour) got pregnant too so my sim kicked him out and stayed a single mom. It was a tough time because I wanted all 3 to max all the skills so they were toddlers for many sim weeks. Luckily they all survived counting me too. It was very stresfull (even for me, oh poor me).

What really helped me a lot: I created a club and added some friends of her in. The club activites was: cleaning, cooking and fixing broken stuff. Sometimes the daddy came over and helped with children. He autonomously stayed over a night like twice so my sim got some sleep.

12_5_2017_14_51_24.png
    12_5_2017_14_41_46.png
    Post edited by DoloresGrey on
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • WoolenhatWoolenhat Posts: 255 Member
    My sim had had 4 kids (before toddler patch) it was CRAZY every time the parents tried to have some alone time there was always a monster under the bed

I honestly don't know how I would have managed, I would have aged them up immediately!!