Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Pack? Laundry Pack?

Is this Eco pack really just a laundry pack in disguise? Laundry machines are not very eco friendly nor do they conserve water. If this is really a laundry pack, shouldn't we be discussing what type of machines we want? Front loading, stacked, two in one combo? If it isn't a laundry pack, does that mean there is not going to be laundry in this pack? If no laundry, then what is going to be in the eco pack, wind turbines (also not really eco friendly)? Solar panels? Rain barrels to catch rain water (assuming we ever get seasons)?

The Style B art work appeared to be of a laundry room with no means of doing laundry. There are laundry supplies, an ironing board (eco friendly ironing board?), some well hung herbs (does that mean we can collect herbs to cook with and/or display?) and what looked like two sets of different recycling bins (are they for show or will we actually be able to recycle?). We don't get newspapers anymore, so we can't recycle those and garbage disappears into the outside garbage bin and waits patiently for gluttonous sims to rummage through it. We won't be getting any electric cars in the eco pack because there aren't any cars at all, anywhere (except fx cars).

Please tell me this isn't a "living off the land" pack. Don't misunderstand, a living of the land pack could be fun, but that's not really the definition of Eco Friendly. It's more of a nature pack.

So what is this pack really going to be about? What will it contain? What will we be able to do that we can't do already?

Comments

• Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    Maybe this would fit better?

customize-g682-granite-stone-laundry-sinks-natural-stone-washing-basin-rusty-yellow-stone-sinks-p447937-2b.jpg
    35253eef15ac6a9f4a376d503048af68.jpg

I still see a lot of these kinds somewhat rustic but definitely more eco around here.

A plus 'cause I can:

Gung-Kayon-memotong-rumput-menggunakan-alat-dengan-sumber-energi-dari-matahari_zpsi8hwiliw.jpg?t=1494384418
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    ZoaeaZoaea Posts: 79 Member
    I'm with you Danny. It'd be nice to have a better idea what they even mean by eco friendly. Seems like a lot of the suggestions for stuff to include have more to do with boho, hippy, or laundry packs. I mean I see some suggestions like furniture made from repurposed items which would fall under that eco-friendly umbrella, but that's about it.

Also, 100% agree, laundry is in no way eco friendly. So I was a bit fuzzy about that being in the concept art for voting. Drying lines sure, but the machines need to be in an appliances pack or something as hey kinda run counter to the title of the pack...
  • Options
    heatherXkittyheatherXkitty Posts: 307 Member
    Zoaea wrote: »
    I'm with you Danny. It'd be nice to have a better idea what they even mean by eco friendly. Seems like a lot of the suggestions for stuff to include have more to do with boho, hippy, or laundry packs. I mean I see some suggestions like furniture made from repurposed items which would fall under that eco-friendly umbrella, but that's about it.

Also, 100% agree, laundry is in no way eco friendly. So I was a bit fuzzy about that being in the concept art for voting. Drying lines sure, but the machines need to be in an appliances pack or something as hey kinda run counter to the title of the pack...

I think most of the people here don't really know what eco living means. Yesterday, I contemplated googling the definitions of eco living and making a thread about it LOL
    banner_3.jpg?w=1200