Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

FYI, The firefighter career isn't as broken as we thought.

It takes a few days with the alarm shutting off during an emergency. It gets better. 3 or 4 days... Then it's playable. It's just needs a few days to get it's act together. ;)

Comments

• ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Well I wish someone would tell my game that, because it isn't working at all.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    Oh man I LOOOVED that career. It was so replayable! And each disaster got even better.

Best time I've had with S3 was with ambitions. Loved it so much.
  • StilettoBlackStilettoBlack Posts: 3,844 Member
    Pary wrote: »
    Well I wish someone would tell my game that, because it isn't working at all.

When the alarm goes off, instead of clicking the alarm or truck, click the house on fire icon. It won't work the 1st few days, just give it time.
    My sim is level 8 in firefighter and hasn't been able to respond to a single emergency. He's leveled up purely through skilling. Clicking the house fire icon does not work for me. Neither does clicking the alarm or the truck or anything else.
    The only thing he was ever able to respond to was a building emergency that I spawned in using NRAAS mods as a test. And it was only in Twinbrook. The career just will not work.
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    My sim is level 8 in firefighter and hasn't been able to respond to a single emergency. He's leveled up purely through skilling. Clicking the house fire icon does not work for me. Neither does clicking the alarm or the truck or anything else.
    The only thing he was ever able to respond to was a building emergency that I spawned in using NRAAS mods as a test. And it was only in Twinbrook. The career just will not work.
    Just curious, as you didn't include this one. But what about not clicking on any of those things, directing your sim to go near to where the emergency is (kind of sneaking up on it) and responding right from there by clicking on the lot "in trouble"?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited April 2017
    The first emergency call I answered by clicking the alarm, and everything worked the way it should (the house was nearby). The second day the call was removed before my sim could get there. So the third day I didn't click anything, sent my sim there (a tip I read on here, by indeed igazor if I recall correctly) and that worked. There was no fire when my sim drove there (in the fire engine), but as soon as she got there a notification showed up and she could run there to put out the fire.

I'm playing this career in IP by the way and I was curious how that would work. So far very well. The carpool teleports to the fire station and so far all the fires took place on the island where the fire station is. Curious how that will work out in the future.
    5JZ57S6.png
    edited April 2017
    igazor wrote: »
    Just curious, as you didn't include this one. But what about not clicking on any of those things, directing your sim to go near to where the emergency is (kind of sneaking up on it) and responding right from there by clicking on the lot "in trouble"?

I haven't tried that one. I will give it a go next time. Last night as a test, I manually spawned a large house fire, in my Twinbrook save, and my sim was able to respond and complete the job.

I tested this in SV, Appaloosa Plains and Aurora Skies a couple of weeks ago and not one fire large or small was able to be responded to. In my game, it seems only Twinbrook works, albeit intermittently. I didn't try the building emergencies however.

Not only do I get the issues I remarked on earlier, but in testing with another sim in SV, the alarm never even rings. That sim is at level 6 of the career, again leveled up purely through skills, and as yet, the fire alarm hasn't rung with a single emergency once. I've played with mods in, mods out, a fresh folder, and nothing seems to help.

I've just become so frustrated with it. I loved the FF career, but it's glitchiness has really begun to get on my nerves.

PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    I ♡ Pudding
  • StilettoBlackStilettoBlack Posts: 3,844 Member
    Oh, maybe that is it then. I've been playing in Twinbrook.
    edited April 2017
    Twinbrook of course came with Ambitions, so that does make sense. Like gigs were much better visited in Starlight Shores than they were in Hidden Springs where I played the careers. That's a real shame honestly. Well, I hope things will continue to go right in an acceptable way for me in IP ;) (at least the alarm bell rings fortunately) Having to level up by skilling alone I would not find acceptable.
    5JZ57S6.png
    edited April 2017
    Update on the firefighter career in Isla Paradiso: fires also take place on other islands but that's no problem (though it does stretch your sense of realism because she drives in the fire engine, then hops on her jetski and then continues the journey in the fire engine again :p ; I can live with it, glad it works). I found it's important to really not click the house where the fire is till your sim has entered the lot, because the assignment will cancel immediately. When you're on the lot and then click you can choose to put out the fire and that works.

I'm also under the impression the alarm doesn't ring (no assignments) the first work day of playing. When the assignment had been canceled I quit without saving and reopened the game. The entire day (the same day) she didn't get an assignment this time around, the next day she did. Can't imagine you're playing one day at the time when simming @Pary , so I fear it won't be useful information for you because your problem might be a different one, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • MMitchell93MMitchell93 Posts: 108 Member
    I personally LOVE the firefighter career! However, I've had to learn the hard way not to have my sim go into it with maxed out athletic and handiness skills but instead gradually improve on the two over the course of their career!
  • skybakerskybaker Posts: 214 Member
    For the special disasters and Angry Gnome Attack, I just tested in Twinbrook and found that such events are limited to corresponding career level.
    • Angry Gnome Attack, Career Level 4-8
    • Space Time Rift (Science Facility), Career Level 7
    • X-Ray Malfunction (Hospital), Career Level 9
    • Evil Plot Backfire (Criminal Warehouse), Career Level 10
    Since the firefighter can be raised quickly by gaining athletic and handiness skills. Once your sims passed the specified level, such events will never occur even using cheats.
    AqWKHoo.jpg
    My sim is in level 7 (almost 8) and never had anything else but fires so far. Hope that isn't a glitch...
    5JZ57S6.png
  • KARRKITTKARRKITT Posts: 261 Member
    Well, my recent Sims challenge my Sim wanted to be a Firefighter. And the world is Moonlight Falls. So, I guess in a way I/she'll (my Sim) be testing the career as well.
  • skybakerskybaker Posts: 214 Member
    edited May 2017
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    My sim is in level 7 (almost 8) and never had anything else but fires so far. Hope that isn't a glitch...
    These events maybe occur randomly. While I played with firefighter previously, my sims got the Evil Plot Backfire for several times but no other events at all in hundreds days.
    Moreover, I'm not sure about these events will occur in combined rabbitholes. If you don't mind to use cheats, "testingcheatsenabled" with shift and click on the rabbitholes can activate the events.
    AqWKHoo.jpg
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    For the most part, the firefighter career still works beautifully for me. There is a short period of time where events cancel out when I click on them, so during that time I have the sim focus on building other necessary skills right there at the fire station. If they have family that is free I sometimes bring them over as well and everyone hangs out and gets hotdogs for lunch. Once that weird moment of cancelling out is over it is back to business as usual with fires and the other stuff like catching gnomes.
  • LauraLee_GillionLauraLee_Gillion Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi guys, I tried someone’s advice on here which was implying the issue is the firetruck. I tried that and it worked. When you place the fire station into your town and edit the building you’ll find that the truck is not placed properly. It seems to have been placed on moveobjects on, meaning it needs to be moved to a place where it fits with the cheat off. I just moved it and I am able to extinguish small fires now.
  • EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top