Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Trash To Treasures Idea

I was thinking in line with the eco living maybe sims could make furniture from trash items. They could have a skill similar to woodworking that allows them to build furniture items from trash. They could have a chance to get parts from rummaging in the trash or searching trash piles. Getting higher in this skill would open more types of things they could build. This might lead to some interesting looking furniture. Maybe the higher levels of this skill would require rarer parts.

Comments

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    I was thinking in line with the eco living maybe sims could make furniture from trash items. They could have a skill similar to woodworking that allows them to build furniture items from trash. They could have a chance to get parts from rummaging in the trash or searching trash piles. Getting higher in this skill would open more types of things they could build. This might lead to some interesting looking furniture. Maybe the higher levels of this skill would require rarer parts.

I'd like that. It's a variation of the renovation of Trash pile items in Sims 3.
  • Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    I'd like this too!
  • szMermaidszMermaid Posts: 254 Member

I wish they could pick up recyclable items, and make diy decorations to decorate their homes or sell. And to have several options for them to do creative and new things that they could only get through the diy.
    xyIcMqt.png

If you would like to see Off-The-Grid, Canning/Preserving, and Freegan/Carbon Conscious be made in to a Game Pack or EP, sign the petition!: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/921310/off-the-grid-gamepack-petition-374-signatures/p1?new=1
  • diisnerddiisnerd Posts: 52 Member
    Love that idea!
  • gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Like a DIY skill? Cool!
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited April 2017
    Yes a DIY skill! Please!! Such an amazing idea. There could be a crafting table to craft all the DIY furniture.
    a256aFi.gif
  • KlthfKlthf Posts: 230 Member
    Making DIY items out of trash would be great. It fits with the recycling theme of eco living.

I would love to see a crafting table for kids, to make crafts out of toilet rolls.
  • ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    This is a great idea. Maybe they could make stuff like Candle Wax Dripped Wine Bottle Art.
    EiFlric.png
  • jude72plajude72pla Posts: 784 Member
    Old rain boots made into flower pots
  • RubyxAngelRubyxAngel Posts: 333 Member
    edited April 2017

Thats a good idea, kind of reminds me in the Sims 3, the Inventing Career, where you could go get 'parts' from a scrap yard and make a toy etc so they could do this in the Sims 4.

P5D-torch.jpg

sims3ambities-lessen051.png
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    I loved going to scrap yards and collecting stuff in TS3, but there was one thing that annoyed me. Sometimes you would find an old dish washer or washing machine and pick it up, but it was useless. All you could do was blow it up and collect scrap metal.

I wish if they ever bring this back, they will make it so we can refurbish and actually use those items with a high enough handiness skill.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• PianoCollectorPianoCollector Posts: 108 Member
    This would be awesome!