Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco friendly bees

13...Next

Comments

• IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    But @Aine that's saying something different from *quality*. You're talking about depth/flexibility of gameplay when you express disappointment with lack of integration. I mean I was devastated when it turned out we couldn't put elevators in our own buildings. Others were more upset that sims didn't actually animate into the elevators. However what EA *do* add to the packs tends to be of high quality within its own designed limits. To me, poor quality means when you turn a sofa around you see the back of it hasn't had its texture finished, or sims are constantly resetting due to coding bugs.

Having seen the way the engine is designed in TS4, from early on when I thought I might make mods for it, I soon realised how complicated it was to "break in" to existing behaviour, which would have made it very unpleasant hard work to try and make the type of mods I used to make, so I left it. So I can completely understand why the packs we get these days tend to bolt on extras rather than enrich the existing.
  • reiureyareiureya Posts: 80 Member
    o.o I'd kind of like something like this in a Seasons Pack. Wouldn't you? I mean it seems like something you'd get in an expansion rather than a stuff pack. Or they could add it to a game pack ^.^ and do another one that is similar to Outdoor Living. Maybe they could make a resort town that hugs the beach and a mountain. That way you could go to the beach and go up into the mountains. Then the producers could add stuff like beekeeping, rock climbing, diving, and beach combing for collectables. That would give them a new opportunity to add more herbs, grow able plants, fish, flowers, and even another supernatural Sim type :3 They could add in Witch Doctors or Shaman.

You could do tons with beekeeping in Seasons too though, since that's something you do in Spring and Summer. Maybe you could get different types of honey based on what flowers or plants your bees pollinate. Then you could use the honey in new dishes for Cooking and Baking. About Candle making though... It's a cool idea, but what about using the wax to make wax figures too? You know like mini statues. If we are talking about Seasons too. There could be interactions with hives that are outside like a crying face floating above the hive because they are too cold in Winter. If they added a Greenhouse build to the Build Objects, you could bring your hives indoors to keep the bees happy. There could totally be a death by bee sting too. I mean that happens in real life >.>; Oh! maybe you could even make honey pickled fruit based on what was grow able at the time. If you haven't ever had honey pickled apples before, o.o you don't know what you're missing. They are so good, but also ^.^; extremely sweet.
  • danplayer01danplayer01 Posts: 25 New Member
    I personally would love to see bee keeping come in this pack.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,627 Member
    I personally would love to see bee keeping come in this pack.

Unfortunately, @SimGuruGraham explained earlier in this topic that beekeeping might be beyond the scope of what the Stuff Pack team is able to do: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15671449/#Comment_15671449 People wanting beekeeping might want to go to the Ideas Corner to talk to the GP and EP teams about what kinds of things they'd like to be able to do with beekeeping.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    edited April 2017
    Coming soon. For those who don't mind cc.

Bees_zpsjmswzekp.png

OMG.. I love icemunmun. Between them and Leniad, those two really brought me back to TS4 with their creations. I can't wait for munmun's bees. Thank you for posting that. I didn't know they were working on it.

@SageRainWillow You can follow icemunmun on Twitter if you have a Twitter account. She announces what she's working on there. Always really impressed by her work!
    Post edited by Krisha880 on
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    @IngeJones For me depth of gameplay is quality. Just as any other part of the game that is important.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • LadyMariketaLadyMariketa Posts: 123 Member
    Sad that we won't be getting bees in this pack, but really excited about all the ideas that people have for them. I'd love to see bees integrated into a seasons or farming ep. One of the best things about the forums are all the amazing ideas that people share.
  • khc2219khc2219 Posts: 2 New Member
    YES! I miss the bees from Sims 3!!
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I like the idea of eco friendly bees.
    Better than all those polluting bees you see driving SUV's and going on and on about the benefits of burning coal.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • reiureyareiureya Posts: 80 Member
    Let's just hope they add the bees in Seasons 0.0 and pray for new festivals and things to go with all of it.