Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's your art style?

2...Next

Comments

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2017
    Kronox21 wrote: »
    I personally would like something with a hi-tech look. I wish I lived a hi-tech life in the real world(on the Jettsons level). The Sims is more of my escape from the real world to live life the way I really want to live it, so i'm not sure if there would be and eco art style I would like considering i'm the type of person that likes new things in my life rather than holding on to old things like Smeagol does the "one ring" and never wanting things to change. Using recycled stuff just doesn't give me an image of beautiful things to use and I don't want furniture made out of trees like i'm a hobbit or crate stairs. Though the pictures of the glass houses someone posted do look kind of cool. I'm just not a heavy nature type.

Then you would not be an ECO type kind of game lover then as Hi Tech is as far away from ECO as one can get. Many, many eco - off the grid kind of living up here in Maine and believe me Eco livers do not for one live in glass houses - - most are either log cabin style - as everything eco is practically hand made and very much involves nature or recycling materials. Electronics is pretty much a no-no - as is even anything that requires fossil fuels. Eco living involves everything made by hand - even to the solar panels and windmills the eco -ists depend on to power their lives. Many also are almost never idle - like they don't sit around yakking on phones, watching tv, or listening to radio. Everything they have has various functions. They are building by hand everything and recycling - they manufacture as close to ZERO garbage and zero carbon foot prints as humanly possible. High tech is the very opposite of ECO - living.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uK02l_6sU2o

That said there are a lot of sort of unusual and futuristic look to some eco houses - here are 10 different eco houses -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXWNocQWeSk

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    The voting is up, you get to pick between two pictures.
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • JoyFlowersJoyFlowers Posts: 1 New Member
    I would love to see a botanic, indie ish style with a lot of plants, wood and glass. Earth tones would be great! I would love to see a greenhouse where sims can grow their own biological fruit and vegetable's. And indoor gardens would be cool too. And ofcourse a lot of eco friendly technologies! (Windmills, a cool water treatment system..) And maybe selfmade furniture for creative persons? A place where hippie inspired or a little more modern but environmentally conscious can live. A roof terrace with sun panels could be nice too. (I'm so sorry for my bad English. :(
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    I know I've said that I vote Bohemian, but I ended up voting for Style A :lol: A looks really cool and I love the clothing that they displayed next to the furniture! Style B kind of looks more like a garden theme to me. I wonder which will win :)
    (I've got a hunch it will be A, but you never know)
  • RobynTylerRobynTyler Posts: 38 Member

For anyone who hasn't seen, the new survey is up:
    https://thesims.com/news/sims-4-community-pack-style

And here are the pics you're voting on:
    eee8d9df-af64-4b93-9ae9-7fecebc0f4cc.jpg

bb4de6c0-8446-4a91-a9ac-7966c711977e.jpg
  • spottedspanielsspottedspaniels Posts: 5 New Member
    I voted Style B! We have too much modern stuff in the game. I'm super excited for more Bohemian styles. and @Louise_G0325 I think that Eco is pretty much garden. I hope B will win (:!
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    I voted Style B! We have too much modern stuff in the game. I'm super excited for more Bohemian styles. and @Louise_G0325 I think that Eco is pretty much garden. I hope B will win (:!

Hahaha I see now that basically everyone voted B :lol: Mmm well B looks like it will add some nice clutter and things to make a place look more lived-in. There can be played around with that theme a lot :)

I disagree that we have enough modern stuff, though. I want a super-modern minimalistic SP, so I can build me a futuristic world in Newcrest with aliens, simbots and fancy modern sims :) That isn't really possible now without making most of the buildings look the same but in different colours (we barely have any super-modern styles).
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    I voted for style A since I really like modern/futuristic stuff. Style B would be better for a farming/gardening pack.
  • 4Sanne4Sanne Posts: 46 Member
    RobynTyler wrote: »
    Sanne22681 wrote: »
    I would love to see this style (would someone who has permission please post the pictures? I can't :hushed:)

Thought I'd post these so everyone can see. Would be very interesting to have this in game.

Thank you for sharing my pics! You're awesome!
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Definitely A. B to me looks like stuff we already have. Basically a bunch of clutter objects. Most people who care that much about the environment live a pretty minimalistic lifestyle, not random clutter objects on counters and walls. Which is why I picked A, because it's simplistic.
  • blossombombsblossombombs Posts: 92 Member
    I went for B! I did like the sleek and modern look of A, but the homely, cluttered feel of B really appealed to me. Normally I prefer modern architecture, but B reminded me of my Gran... I liked that, haha. It looked like a gardener's kitchen. I dunno, I just liked it.
    xyIcMqt.png
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    edited April 2017
    First of all, I don't get the concept of A's sink. Where are the pipes?! Hidden somehow? And what's it made of? It looks transparent. A glass sink doesn't sound very practical... which means it's probably heavy acrylic or some type of plastic (not very eco).

Both have what look like plastic recycling bins... I would suggest some other material, like painted or stained wood perhaps.

From looking at both pics, I get the impression that the modern furniture is some kind of modular white plastic or pressboard. The furniture in B looks more like solid wood panels and natural fiber canvas.

Both technically have a lot of clutter, it's just that A's clutter is mostly behind frosted glass. The walls and floors of A look undone... like bare cement. The wood flooring in B looks better to me. I also like that B's window and door match.

The clothes options are really just a matter of taste. I'm so sick of men's pants being skin tight, and that's what I'm seeing in A - more skinny pants/leggings. I liked the asymmetrical hem dress and loose fitting men's stuff better.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• spontaneousivyspontaneousivy Posts: 250 Member
    I would love to see this style (would someone who has permission please post the pictures? I can't :hushed:)

0025.jpg

0029.jpg

0032.jpg

146038-regen-0_1024.jpg

Thought I'd post these so everyone can see. Would be very interesting to have this in game.

This x10000! I love this idea of sleek glass structures and green living. I think the Scandinavian minimalistic aesthetic would fit superbly.
    This is the future of living eco-mindedly and sustainably with less wastage. Not picking up leftover nicknacks and making handmade crafts.
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member

0025.jpg

0029.jpg

0032.jpg

146038-regen-0_1024.jpg

This x10000! I love this idea of sleek glass structures and green living. I think the Scandinavian minimalistic aesthetic would fit superbly.
    This is the future of living eco-mindedly and sustainably with less wastage. Not picking up leftover nicknacks and making handmade crafts.

Unfortunately, the Guru's already stated that build items don't come with a stuff pack. If they did, I think the glass roof/walls to make greenhouses or to make your own house a live-in greenhouse would be great. I know many people are hoping for a farming pack. If we ever get that, I could definitely see this being a part of it.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• spottedspanielsspottedspaniels Posts: 5 New Member
    I have to say, we already got that sleek design with Spa Day. And I just really like Style B. But honestly? At this moment I kind of want a mix of both! I'm just really excited to get an Eco themed pack.