Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why 5 pack ideas? Why not combine some of them?

Eco friendly economical starter home stuff.
Save money and the environment by recycling, reusing, repurposeing, and giving items multiple purposes.
A loft double bed, with room for a loveseat and tv, and bookshelf underneath. An all in one mini kitchen.

Death and danger at a wedding.
We know that in the real world, a high percentage of marriages end in divorce, but what about the number tha end in death?
What if the cake was badly made, and everyone who eats it gets sick... and some even die?
Death by flower toss? Those flowers can really pack a punch!

What about an Arcade of Death and Danger?
Sounds like something from a creepy carnival.

Eco friendly weddings
Recycled wedding dress, organic wedding cake, hay bale seating, candles for light (shhhh, we're saving power). Get married in a barn! Or an orchard, or the local park.

Small scale wedding and starter home stuff
It makes sense, if you're not mega rich.

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif

Comments

• Mycatjake1Mycatjake1 Posts: 61 Member
    Eco stuff could be modified into a farming EP or GP.

Weddings, funerals, and starter home could combine for a Generations EP

Arcade could be modified into...idk, I haven't thought a lot about that one even though I placed it at 2 when I voted.

But that's just my opinion.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Because stuff packs in sims 4 has a single theme.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Death at a wedding is a single theme >.>
  • PotatoQueenPotatoQueen Posts: 8 New Member
    I really want a schools pack just hear me out you could choose different schools (Preschool-highschool) the amount of money they cost the better the quality if you dont want to spend money there could be a free one and you could get uniforms (As you get older some uniforms change) and some would be like my old school and have toddlers to teens also whats good about the schools is the skills increase with the amount of homework and quality of the schools that would be a great gamepack :D:p
  • FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    I like your thinking, @Movotti. How about:

Dangerous laundry
    You could fall into the washing machine and drown, be burned to a crisp in the tumble drier, or get tangled up and throttled in the washing line. You could develop a fatal washing powder allergy. Angry housewives could starch their husband's underwear.

Laundromat arcade
    Play arcade games while you wait for the washing cycle to end.

Eco-friendly funerals
    Nothing goes to waste around here ...
  • TheDismalSimmerTheDismalSimmer Posts: 656 Member
    edited April 2017
    Movotti wrote: »

Single and ready to mingle...

Well it depends on who died I guess...
    dgvibNQ.png
    FKM100 wrote: »
    Eco-friendly funerals
    Recycle your rellies!

oh... not sure if other countries use that term? Rellies = aunt, uncle, granny, cousins etc.

Single and ready to mingle...

Well it depends on who died I guess...

It's how black widows do it. It could be a wedding, a funeral, and a first date all on the same day.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    I love these, great work :joy:
  • FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    Eco-friendly funerals
    Recycle your rellies!

oh... not sure if other countries use that term? Rellies = aunt, uncle, granny, cousins etc.

No, but I speak enough Aussie to know what you mean.

• Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I#ve heard the
    Eco-friendly funerals
    Recycle your rellies!

No, but I speak enough Aussie to know what you mean.

I've heard the term in a British sitcom but it's not something people really say in my part of the UK.

Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member

LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Meepy!!Meepy!! Posts: 260 Member
    Even if the pack ideas aren`t combined, I'd love to see all the packs made official someday.
  • MirandatehpandaMirandatehpanda Posts: 4 New Member
    Meepy!! wrote: »
    Even if the pack ideas aren`t combined, I'd love to see all the packs made official someday.

me too, but it would take ages for them to all come out :(
  • 4l73rn471v44l73rn471v4 Posts: 3 New Member
    To be honest I really think they're trying too hard to break the stuff packs up into as many separate packs as possible this time around... You can't tell me Perfect Patio Stuff & Backyard Stuff couldn't of had been merged into a single pack. Cool Kitchen Stuff could've also been a part of the Dining Out Game Pack. I'm sorry, but EA really lost me on the SP front in this era of The Sims.
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    The "why not" may have to do with this:
    Now there's an interesting idea...

That said, let me share a potential roadblock that might keep us from considering it within a Stuff Pack. If you look at the order of the upcoming votes, it'll give you an idea of why certain things can be difficult for the Stuff Pack team to accomplish. First we'll be voting on an art style, then we'll vote for individual objects and pieces of clothing, and then we'll vote on the actual features that the pack includes. On a Stuff Pack, those objects and pieces of clothing have their concept art created by our team here at Maxis, but the assets themselves are actually built by outsourced partners at a separate studio. (Note - this does work a bit differently on larger packs, where they use both outsourced partners and internal artists to create a pack's clothing.) Because they're a different group at a different location, we front load all of the work that's necessary to create the basic objects/clothing for the pack to allow time for communication, revisions, and asset delivery.

Sometimes we're caught off guard by our feature selection, especially if a Stuff Pack feature would benefit from a certain piece of clothing. Let me use Backyard Stuff as an example. Had we known we were going to make a water slide in that pack when its theme and clothing were selected, we certainly would have included some new swimwear in that pack for Sims to use while on the water slide. That feature was selected after our clothing was already locked in though, and because Stuff Packs don't have any internal Create a Sim Artist time allocated to our schedule, it wasn't possible to go back and add that in later.

So bringing it back to the current discussion, it'd likely be difficult to add a Beekeeper to this pack, because presumably you'd also want a beekeeper suit for your Sim to wear when handling the bees. A larger pack could tackle this better - they have access to both internal CAS Artists, as well as multiple rounds of outsourced art with our external partners where they could request such an outfit after features had been selected. With Stuff Packs being smaller packs that are developed in shorter spans of time, that just isn't an option for us. Occasionally we can identify a need for a piece of clothing and make a special request to get time from an internal CAS Artist. If a Development Director (the people who manage the schedules of individual employees across various disciplines) works with production to find some spare time, they can approve that request. That's how we were able to get a bowling glove added in Bowling Night for example.

Hopefully that gives some insight into why the decisions we make aren't as straightforward as they seem at first glance. Each feature can have dependencies on other disciplines that a Stuff Pack just doesn't typically have access to, or the decision may come when we're already at a point in the project where we're past when we can make changes without disrupting our schedule.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15671449/#Comment_15671449
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
    To be honest I really think they're trying too hard to break the stuff packs up into as many separate packs as possible this time around... You can't tell me Perfect Patio Stuff & Backyard Stuff couldn't of had been merged into a single pack. Cool Kitchen Stuff could've also been a part of the Dining Out Game Pack. I'm sorry, but EA really lost me on the SP front in this era of The Sims.

Same.
    I only have one stuff pack, and I didn't pay for it.
    They're boring, they're bland, they don't do anything to make me want to spend money on them. They don't add enough stuff to the game.