Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Living should be part of a farming EP or GP

I voted Eco Living quite down on my list because I feel that being only a stuff pack they'd focus on laundry and that bores me deeply.
However, I think the concept of Eco Living is great and it could be a part of a farming pack.
I have been dreaming about a farming pack for sooo long.
This would fit perfectly in there. We could do self sustainable farms!
What do you guys think?
Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
All my creations are CC free.

Comments

• CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    I agree! I'd be happy to get eco-living as a part of a farming expansion too. They could add other things like preserve making too. But I really do want that laundry pack, and I think that there should be an eco factor in it. Maybe they could make the two features compatible.

I worry that having laundry AND eco-friendly in one pack will water each feature down. And maybe it would be better to focus mostly on the laundry aspect adding in a launderette venue, and making it so toddlers can play in the laundry basket. And maybe there could be lots of chaos when using the low-end machines, like flooding your house with bubbles! And random electrocutions for those who want more deaths. I'm aware that stuff packs have limits and would rather have more depth than width.
  • FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    I agree. I have just posted on another thread that I think the link between ecology and laundry is a very tenuous one. I can't quite see how it would all hang together. I would rather have had laundry go with DIY.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I agree! I'd be happy to get eco-living as a part of a farming expansion too. They could add other things like preserve making too. But I really do want that laundry pack, and I think that there should be an eco factor in it. Maybe they could make the two features compatible.

I worry that having laundry AND eco-friendly in one pack will water each feature down. And maybe it would be better to focus mostly on the laundry aspect adding in a launderette venue, and making it so toddlers can play in the laundry basket. And maybe there could be lots of chaos when using the low-end machines, like flooding your house with bubbles! And random electrocutions for those who want more deaths. I'm aware that stuff packs have limits and would rather have more depth than width.

You made the laundry pack sound exiting! haha!
    Yes, it could work really well if both concepts get separated, therefore get more depth.
  • Rinoa666AngelRinoa666Angel Posts: 2,074 Member
    Ill be honest, if they could patch in toddlers with all that gameplay i think patching in a washer and dryer which comes with alot less gameplay should have been done. Sorry to say but I wash clothes twice a week in real life so when i hear laundry in a sims pack zzzzzzzz. I loved the whole laundry thing in TS3 up to the point where the dirty clothes stopped going in the hamper, ended up on the floor, caused routing issues that i stopped using them in that game.
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    I would love a farming EP, but if we have farm animals and such, that's already a huge amount of animations they would have to create for both two-legged and four-legged creatures. I don't think I'd want laundry to bog something like that down. I'd want them to focus on the animals and other interactions.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I would love a farming EP, but if we have farm animals and such, that's already a huge amount of animations they would have to create for both two-legged and four-legged creatures. I don't think I'd want laundry to bog something like that down. I'd want them to focus on the animals and other interactions.

Yeah, I meant the concept of Eco-living itself, I don't care about the laundry really. But about self sustainability, and solar panels, compost, preserved and pickled food, that kind of thing.
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member

Yeah, I meant the concept of Eco-living itself, I don't care about the laundry really. But about self sustainability, and solar panels, compost, preserved and pickled food, that kind of thing.

Yes, I think all of that would tie into a Farm EP, or having an SP that complements the EP could be even more favorable.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Yes an SP would limit it's possibilities too much
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Mycatjake1Mycatjake1 Posts: 61 Member
    Yeah a farming game pack or expansion pack would be great!

Maybe with an all new rural community too!
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member

Good point. I'd be ok with laundry if it came with something I wanted but NOT as the main focus. Your ideas sound much better than laundry and general cleaning type stuff.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • mowiccanmowiccan Posts: 0 New Member
    Would love a farming expansion with different animals, enclosures, maybe a tractor or where u can use a team of horses to plow. I would be one of the first to get a farming expansion. Laundry, not so much, do enough of it at home. Animals could be horses of course, cows, pigs, goats, llama's, chickens, peacocks etc. Solar installations, like for off the grid type living maybe. I like the idea of a well or cistern too.
  • RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    Yeah the laundry could be patched in, but additional gardening or farm animals now that is something I can crow about
  • mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    I agree. Eco Living is too big of a subject for a stuff pack. It would be better if it was handled in an expansion pack.

I all ready use gardening in my game as a source of money. It would be good if we could expand on what we already have in the game. A better way of fertilizing plants and other alternatives to using the plants that are grown.
  • MissCherieMissCherie Posts: 408 Member
    I think the issue could be that since it's just a SP there will be only one item that will be focused, and people will vote for the laundry, so I expect that we will maybe get like solar panels, but that it actually don't do anything beside giving a +1 happy buff for being eco.

So to make it eco they would probably need to make some drying lines for the clothes.
    gCQKjq4.png