Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Trekkies Unite!

2...Next

Comments

• UniquePuggleUniquePuggle Posts: 864 Member
    ts1depot wrote: »
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    I've watch the original, The Next Generation, Deep Space 9, Voyager, Enterprise and all of the movies. I got into watching ST because the hubby is a huge fan of the shows and movies. He also play Star Trek Online when he's not playing WoW... :)

Whaaaaat how was I not aware there was a Star Trek Online game!? Now I've gotta check this out...

Yes, it's been out for almost six years. It's an MMO in which you get to captain your own starship with a crew, fight battles in space and play out a large number of storylines that include famous characters, places and events from nearly all of the ST series, including TOS. Some of those stories even follow up on some of those shows. For example, Delta Rising is basically a sequel to Voyager. In that one, you get to learn what happened to Harry Kim, Tuvok, Seven of Nine, Tom Paris, Neelix and The Doctor 30 years after Voyager reached Earth.

Oh, and all the classic characters who appear in these storylines are voiced by the actual actors themselves.

Besides the great gameplay and storylines, STO has adopted the best F2P system I've ever seen. There are no paywalls whatsoever. You can play all of the game without spending a dime. The only thing you would need money for is for inessential decorative stuff, like outfits, pets, etc. And even so, you can just earn those items in-game.

If you're going to play it, for the love of God, don't go by what you read on the forums. This is a solid game but as usual, you will hear from a small group of people who do nothing but complain. The biggest complaint is "pay to win" and "rip off", which doesn't make sense because there is nothing to "win" in the game and you don't have to spend money if you don't want to.

I can't believe it's been out that long and I didn't know about it. I guess that is what happens when no one I know personally loves Star Trek as much as I do. My boyfriend will watch it with me, but he gets more excited about Star Wars. My sister? Don't even bother lol.
  • rosenero10rosenero10 Posts: 536 Member
    Well done!

Thanks @GalacticGal :smile:

Looks good, but I kinda feel bad for them. Looks like they're wearing early season TNG outfits that were reportedly very uncomfortable compared to later versions. :D But anything Sims and Trek is awesome just the same. I had a full family of Trek Sims in Sims 1 too.

Thanks @TheGoodOldGamer :smile:
    Yes, it's STTNG.

edited July 2020
    1401749_182705568588360_1872716648_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_sid=e007fa&_nc_ohc=K0vIgoSI0M0AX8s5gQn&_nc_ht=scontent.fbne6-1.fna&oh=df1f2e5f26ac01d3af42fd38dc4ad19b&oe=5F338D3B

Long Way From Home
    An Illustrated Story
    Chapter 1
    http://tinyurl.com/LWFH-Act1
    Post edited by rosenero10 on
  • Bo_DummyBo_Dummy Posts: 2,243 Member
    The original series and TNG were my faves!!
    rosenero10 wrote: »
    1399146_182816251910625_645336768_o.jpg?oh=d5d67b1b1e951fe47dee995a945c07c7&oe=598B9761

Long Way From Home
    An Illustrated Story
    Chapter 1

I've been reading the first chapter, and I love this so far! It feels like I am reading a script that could have been an episode for TNG. The scenery is beautiful, and the descriptions of each character's unique job is realistic and wonderful! Loving it so far!!
  • ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    I can't believe it's been out that long and I didn't know about it. I guess that is what happens when no one I know personally loves Star Trek as much as I do. My boyfriend will watch it with me, but he gets more excited about Star Wars. My sister? Don't even bother lol.

Well, they don't really promote it all that much. The only reason how I found out about it is that I have a Steam account, and it showed up under the freebies category. If it weren't for Steam, I would've never known it was out there.

EiFlric.png
    rosenero10 wrote: »
    1399146_182816251910625_645336768_o.jpg?oh=d5d67b1b1e951fe47dee995a945c07c7&oe=598B9761

Long Way From Home
    An Illustrated Story
    Chapter 1

I've been reading the first chapter, and I love this so far! It feels like I am reading a script that could have been an episode for TNG. The scenery is beautiful, and the descriptions of each character's unique job is realistic and wonderful! Loving it so far!!

Wow, that's great to hear that feedback. I get a lot of Trek Fans who read and a few leave comments. But it was a few years ago that I wrote this and I never finished the sequel. Thanks for the encouragement :smile:
  • plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    Heh, I found this - it is based on Star Trek:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCARADb9asE&spfreload=10
    It's like Sims in Space go Squishy.
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    Heh, I found this - it is based on Star Trek:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCARADb9asE&spfreload=10
    It's like Sims in Space go Squishy.

Whoever made this had to have been on drugs hahaha
  • Minx11Minx11 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Me Being A Creative Buddy, I Have A Huge, Almost Neverending Storyline, And It Features Starfleet, And Starships, And I'm Falling In Love With The "Main" Character...
  • SassycottonSassycotton Posts: 438 Member
    I love the orignol ones and some of the movies. The new ones are good as well!!!!!!!!