Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which SP do you think is gonna win?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    RyanOvergrowthRyanOvergrowth Posts: 42 Member
    Dangerous sounds like so much fun, and I'm so happy it's getting so much support! Eco Living sounds fun as laundry is something I wanted in game since launch, although I'd prefer it's addition as a patch with extra washing-related objects in the pack. Starter home is my next choice as it's grungy aesthetic is much needed in game - if this is picked I'm hoping the Murphy bed will make a return. Wedding sounds fun but it's generally not something I have my sims do that often; there is often trouble getting sims to act appropriately at a wedding, and it's more stressful than it should be to have everyone sit down and watch the wedding. Arcade is my last pick as it sounds the most tame of the bunch.
  • Options
    Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 482 Member
    any packs win, I win. I kinda want everything :D

The Sims Game
  • Options
    FayAlabriFayAlabri Posts: 5 New Member
    I hope it's the Eco Living
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I hope for Eco. It might be Dangerous since many simmers love that idea, I wouldn't mind that at all. I hope the Arcade one won't win. We have already enough of that kind of stuff in the game IMO.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    lexus20 wrote: »
    Which SP do you think is getting more votes? My prediction is either Eco Living or Dangerous Stuff.
    Eco.

• Options
    ArrowFelicityArrowFelicity Posts: 2 New Member
    Would love dangerous. What would be great is to be able to change the height of our sims. I would love to be able to make short or tall. I would also like to be able to do more diverse sims. I would also like to see solo whoohoo.
  • Options
    RyanOvergrowthRyanOvergrowth Posts: 42 Member
    Would love dangerous. What would be great is to be able to change the height of our sims. I would love to be able to make short or tall. I would also like to be able to do more diverse sims. I would also like to see solo whoohoo.

Solo WooHoo?? I just laughed out loud
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    It seems between Eco and Dangerous.

I made a thread basically summarizing why I think Eco has a bit of an advantage of this; it's based off established concepts that we know can work whilst Dangerous is a new concept entirely, alongside the risks that come with newfound territory.

Pleasantly surprised by Dangerous' popularity though. I would either attribute it to a relatively undetected popularity for funerals as a concept, or a desperate desire for gameplay features; Dangerous seems to be the most gameplay-heavy idea on the list.

In the end, what matters is execution. I'm a firm believer any concept can sink or float, it just depends on how it's done.

You've just added another death idea. Execution!
  • Options
    EHRGEIZ_HQEHRGEIZ_HQ Posts: 8 New Member
    I hope for Eco. It might be Dangerous since many simmers love that idea, I wouldn't mind that at all. I hope the Arcade one won't win. We have already enough of that kind of stuff in the game IMO.

Seriously? We have one over-sized arcade machine...

I hate doing laundry in real life, why would I want to make my sims go through that chore? I'm also not one to kill off all my sims, so dangerous stuff sounds even less appealing. It's unfortunate that most people can't experience a truly modern arcade like Round 1 Entertainment to really see why an stuff pack like that would get be so hyped, and why it would add so much more to this game than any of the other packs, enough to possibly warrant a game pack as opposed to a stuff pack.

I know arcade probably won't win, but I hope Maxis doesn't take it off the table completely after this...
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    Arcade didn't make it high on my list, because I just had visions of sims standing like zombies at the same 1 tile machine recolored a million different ways and just mashing buttons. It didn't appeal to me at all.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    edited April 2017
    I have a feeling it's going to be Eco. I've seen a lot of people want to spend $10 to do laundry.
    Yup, this is what we've come down to. Exciting seeing sims do laundry! /s
    // take me back to 2018.
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Trowicia wrote: »
    I have a feeling it's going to be Eco. I've seen a lot of people want to spend $10 to do laundry.

While I don't get the appeal of laundry either, to be fair, the concept of that pack goes beyond that one thing. :p
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member

While I don't get the appeal of laundry either, to be fair, the concept of that pack goes beyond that one thing. :p

Some of the other things do sound interesting, but if Eco wins for the sole purpose of sims doing laundry, then I'd rather vote laundry to be considered a "FP", the same thing the Holiday pack is (with the added option of enabling/disabling these packs to tailor to individual play preferences).

Kinda asinine to have a pack tailored around "a day in the life" things such as doing chores.
    // take me back to 2018.
  • Options
    RoseLackerRoseLacker Posts: 4 New Member
    I really want the dangerous theme. There is no way for my sims to die unless me arranging it or waiting forever to die of old age. I would like to see some heavy themes like cancer and other actual diseases (not just couple of moodlets not making much difference), miscarriages, funerals.
  • Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    Eco living. I voted for it as top choice, then Dangerous. Eco living is more suited to my gameplay. I hardly want my sims to die, but I'm still interested in the Danger pack.
  • Options
    Mycatjake1Mycatjake1 Posts: 61 Member
    Probably dangerous will win. I really would like to see how it gets implemented in game.
  • Options
    EHRGEIZ_HQEHRGEIZ_HQ Posts: 8 New Member
    Arcade didn't make it high on my list, because I just had visions of sims standing like zombies at the same 1 tile machine recolored a million different ways and just mashing buttons. It didn't appeal to me at all.

See though? That's exactly what I mean. There are actually tons of different types of arcade machines and game styles. More so than I could ever describe in words alone. It's just that since quality arcades like Round 1 are so few and far between nowadays (unless you live in Japan), most people have a pretty narrow imagination of what an awesome arcade can actually look like, unfortunately.

Some of the other things do sound interesting, but if Eco wins for the sole purpose of sims doing laundry, then I'd rather vote laundry to be considered a "FP", the same thing the Holiday pack is (with the added option of enabling/disabling these packs to tailor to individual play preferences).

Kinda asinine to have a pack tailored around "a day in the life" things such as doing chores.

We think alike, Trowicia. I know there'd be more to it than just "doing laundry," but none of it sounds like it would offer as much enjoyment as a social gathering at an arcade full of all kinds of games and prizes would. So I'd have a few new basic appliances that just say "eco friendly" in the description? I'd be able to slap some decorative solar panels on my roof? Doesn't really sound like it would change up the normal gameplay much, other than the exciting notion of being able to do a new mundane household chore...
    RoseLacker wrote: »
    I really want the dangerous theme. There is no way for my sims to die unless me arranging it or waiting forever to die of old age. I would like to see some heavy themes like cancer and other actual diseases (not just couple of moodlets not making much difference), miscarriages, funerals.

Geez, depressing much? I'm all for a little realism in a sims game but I gotta draw the line there. That stuff is extremely hard to deal with in real life. I don't want to have to experience that sort of stuff in a sims game. I always thought of the sims as more of a fun, light-hearted game. So suddenly having a morbidly depressing stuff pack like that seems very off-putting.
  • Options
    Mycatjake1Mycatjake1 Posts: 61 Member

As much as I want to see dangerous stuff, I'd rather not see stuff like cancer and miscarriages in this game. Too hard hitting for me, since I was very close to someone who died from cancer.
  • Options
    ponderosaponderosa Posts: 238 Member

Nah I'm not down with that. I play this game for whimsy. I much prefer silly made up illnesses and comical over the top deaths. Dangerous is what I voted for too, but I'm not interested in going that morbid.
    tumblr_opta4zrh011r17qi5o1_500.gif
    origin ID: maureenponderosa
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Dangerous stuff, but I'd prefer if it was a gamepack.