Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Heffner Legacy: [Updated 09/05] 4.29 The Cold Shoulder

Comments

• Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    Oh! New development lol. I'll have to check that out sometime.

Putting a video together is simple. Making it epic is hard lol.
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    cecerose0208cecerose0208 Posts: 1,521 Member
    OMG! That's such a great teaser! I'm on the edge of my seat for what's next.
  • Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    OMG! That's such a great teaser! I'm on the edge of my seat for what's next.

I'm really glad you liked it. Took me hours to put it together (hours I could have spent writing, I know). Sometimes I have to process the images I have in my head. The teaser is pretty much how the story looks like in my head before I put it into words.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options
    roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    Can't wait for the new chapter :)
  • Options
    Marmalade27Marmalade27 Posts: 625 Member
    I love the teaser!
    I really like Kellie's new hairstyle.
    Now I'm wondering who the mystery woman kissing Tony is!!
    Celeste looks so much like her dad.
  • Options
    I love the teaser!
    I really like Kellie's new hairstyle.
    Now I'm wondering who the mystery woman kissing Tony is!!
    Celeste looks so much like her dad.

Thank you!
    About the mystery woman - you're going to love her and what she'll do with/to Tony, I promise. ;)
    I love Celeste's looks. I was a bit disappointed when she aged up to a child and didn't look much like her mother, because I wanted a piece of Beryl in her. Now I'm happy with the way she looks though, it will fit better with what I have planned for her.
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Update time. This chapter is a bit longer than I originally planned, but instead of splitting it in two I thought why not let you have it all at once for being so amazingly patient with me...

heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options
    WitcHazardWitcHazard Posts: 1,209 Member
    Emotional WitcHazard: Waaaaaaaaaaaaah! Kellie!

Mama WitcHazard: Its ok sweat pea everything maybe bad now, but it's going to get better eventually.

Lover WitcHazard: I know what should happen next Kellie gets laid!

Shipper WitcHazard: How exactly is that going to help anything?

Lovers WitcHazard: it won't but I just don't think it's right Chris can have who he wants and and blooming rose isn't getting any!

Dark WitcHazard: And now que Celeste the delinquent!
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    WitcHazard wrote: »
    Emotional WitcHazard: Waaaaaaaaaaaaah! Kellie!

Mama WitcHazard: Its ok sweat pea everything maybe bad now, but it's going to get better eventually.

Lover WitcHazard: I know what should happen next Kellie gets laid!

Shipper WitcHazard: How exactly is that going to help anything?

Lovers WitcHazard: it won't but I just don't think it's right Chris can have who he wants and and blooming rose isn't getting any!

Dark WitcHazard: And now que Celeste the delinquent!

You're killing me! :D:joy: And who exactly should Kellie get laid by? Thomas is sort of out of the picture. :D
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options
    SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    NOoooo! Not the "To Be Continued" button!

This update... It was really good! Chris is feeling guilty about it, that much is obvious.
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • Options
    SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    I was about to go to sleep and than this popped up and I HAD to read it!
    Thomas and Kellie were long overdue, so glad that's over. I do feel bad about the way it went, though. A lot of hurting from both sides and Thomas gets away with cheating making Kellie feel bad. Doesn't seem right.

And than the scene she came home too, poor girl! Chris is really in a bad place right now, lying to hisself and his sister. I hope Kellie will get to him!

Awesome chapter! Love love love it! <3
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    NOoooo! Not the "To Be Continued" button!

This update... It was really good! Chris is feeling guilty about it, that much is obvious.
    He was probably hoping that if he could convince Kellie it was a good thing he would feel better about it too. Still, his arguments were pretty solid.
    I was about to go to sleep and than this popped up and I HAD to read it!
    Thomas and Kellie were long overdue, so glad that's over. I do feel bad about the way it went, though. A lot of hurting from both sides and Thomas gets away with cheating making Kellie feel bad. Doesn't seem right.

And than the scene she came home too, poor girl! Chris is really in a bad place right now, lying to hisself and his sister. I hope Kellie will get to him!

Awesome chapter! Love love love it! <3

Thank you! :blush: I hope you'll have nice dreams despite all the tears and drama in this chapter. I think Kellie would be able to forgive Thomas the cheating, but having someone beat up, well that was hard to stomach. And then one thing led to another. As for Chris, I wonder if there's anyone who still likes him at this point. :expressionless:

heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options
    MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    Well, it was time for their break up. Can't say it is bad that it happened. However I can't stand Kellie right now. Telling her brother what is right to do without knowing anything about his life. And she couldn't see for herself either what was the best until she hurt herself and Thomas terribly. I am not saying that what Chris did was right. He is hurting himself and Tony with it but it is not so different than what Kellie did. Sure bringing Tony in jail is different but both of the siblings used the love of the others to get what they needed from them in the moment. Chris needed his father to get a promotion and Kellie used Thomas feelings to have someone at her side.
    Okay enough of that. I am sure you will make me like your characters again. Right now the only one I really like from this family is Tony. At least he cares about his son. He came even though he knew it was a fault.
  • Options
    cecerose0208cecerose0208 Posts: 1,521 Member
    I love long chapters!!

And I love that Graham/Grayson is still happening, teehee.

I already put a comment on the blog, then I decided I had a lot more to say.

This chapter was dark the whole way through, and I was very into with the vibe. I'm sorry Kellie may lose her friend, but it's for the best. They haven't been a good match since they were teenagers, and we all held onto that ship for too long.

Chris got verbally slapped by Kellie. Looks like she'll be the catalyst for considering what he's done. Like father like son, putting career over love's obligations. I hope his promotion to detective is worth it.

And where's Raven? I miss her.
  • Options
    Marialein wrote: »
    Well, it was time for their break up. Can't say it is bad that it happened. However I can't stand Kellie right now. Telling her brother what is right to do without knowing anything about his life. And she couldn't see for herself either what was the best until she hurt herself and Thomas terribly. I am not saying that what Chris did was right. He is hurting himself and Tony with it but it is not so different than what Kellie did. Sure bringing Tony in jail is different but both of the siblings used the love of the others to get what they needed from them in the moment. Chris needed his father to get a promotion and Kellie used Thomas feelings to have someone at her side.
    Okay enough of that. I am sure you will make me like your characters again. Right now the only one I really like from this family is Tony. At least he cares about his son. He came even though he knew it was a fault.

Thank you for your comment. I'm actually glad that you brought this up. At least I have an opportunity to tell you more about her character. You have to understand that the fact that she was abandoned by her biological parents was a defining factor of her personality. The caretakers in the orphanage may have been good people giving her love but it can never match the love of a parent. Kellie never had a father. When she met Tony and heard to what lengths he's willing to go to be with his son, she was secretly jealous. She would give anything to have a loving father. What Chris did is beyond her comprehension. She would forgive her father any crime as long as he would love her. Parental love is something she's been craving all her life. I won't defend her for the way she handled her relationship with Thomas though. She has her flaws. :)
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options
    I love long chapters!!

And I love that Graham/Grayson is still happening, teehee.

I already put a comment on the blog, then I decided I had a lot more to say.

This chapter was dark the whole way through, and I was very into with the vibe. I'm sorry Kellie may lose her friend, but it's for the best. They haven't been a good match since they were teenagers, and we all held onto that ship for too long.

Chris got verbally slapped by Kellie. Looks like she'll be the catalyst for considering what he's done. Like father like son, putting career over love's obligations. I hope his promotion to detective is worth it.

And where's Raven? I miss her.

Yes! You noticed the upgraded joke on Grayson/Graham. I thought it would be a nice irony if she corrected Thomas for saying it wrong. :D

You'll see Raven in the next chapter. Where do you think Chris ran to after the argument with his sister? ;)
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited March 2017
    Okay...wow. So sad for all.

I can see how Chris could convince himself it was the right thing to do. Problem is that he was driven by the desire to rise in the ranks of the police so he sacrificed his father, something I know he will regret later.

There's nothing to blame Kellie for...it was so strange that Thomas set up that date when he was ready to tell her to hit the road or maybe he decided that after she was cold to him? I LOVED it that he thought she knew he'd cheated on her. Too bad he didn't out himself before he caught on. Would have loved to see Kellie slap him. He deserved it. And he didn't deserve her guilty feelings over the break up. (And I was on that ship, too...sigh...)

I will NEVER tire of the Grayson/Graham confusion. Lol! :joy:

Oh...poor Celeste. We need a chapter from her. I know we'll get it soon!

And what goes from here? Cannot wait!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options

I can see how Chris could convince himself it was the right thing to do. Problem is that he was driven by the desire to rise in the ranks of the police so he sacrificed his father, something I know he will regret later.

There's nothing to blame Kellie for...it was so strange that Thomas set up that date when he was ready to tell her to hit the road or maybe he decided that after she was cold to him? I LOVED it that he thought she knew he'd cheated on her. Too bad he didn't out himself before he caught on. Would have loved to see Kellie slap him. He deserved it. And he didn't deserve her guilty feelings over the break up. (And I was on that ship, too...sigh...)

His affair with Alex opened his eyes (I'm itching to make a suggestive comment here), he was slowly beginning to realize the relationship with Kellie is going nowhere, but he was still willing to give it a little more time. Just in case. The argument only sped up his decision he would probably have to make later anyway.
    I didn't want Kellie to find out about the cheating. Not sure how much it would have hurt her, since she didn't love him. I didn't feel it necessary to shame Thomas in her eyes even more. It wouldn't help anything. I still like Thomas. He's been the best of the Nightshade family.
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options
    Simslover163Simslover163 Posts: 2,833 Member
    Wow, just wow. Another well-written chapter. The Thomellie/Kellimas/whatever Thomas and Kellie ship was failing anyways, so I'm glad these two ended things. I knew from the start that this wasn't going to work out! Aside from all the gloominess, i LOL'ed st the Grayson/Graham confusion.

Poor Celeste!! When will we hear from her?
    sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Maladi777 wrote: »

His affair with Alex opened his eyes (I'm itching to make a suggestive comment here), he was slowly beginning to realize the relationship with Kellie is going nowhere, but he was still willing to give it a little more time. Just in case. The argument only sped up his decision he would probably have to make later anyway.
    I didn't want Kellie to find out about the cheating. Not sure how much it would have hurt her, since she didn't love him. I didn't feel it necessary to shame Thomas in her eyes even more. It wouldn't help anything. I still like Thomas. He's been the best of the Nightshade family.

I see...well, I understand then. I still like Thomas even though I wanted a bit of a spanking for his misdeed (and yes...I do have a picture of you with your whip! Ha!)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options

I like that she won't find out. I don't think it's necessary either.
    forum_final.png

• Options
    Wow, just wow. Another well-written chapter. The Thomellie/Kellimas/whatever Thomas and Kellie ship was failing anyways, so I'm glad these two ended things. I knew from the start that this wasn't going to work out! Aside from all the gloominess, i LOL'ed st the Grayson/Graham confusion.

Poor Celeste!! When will we hear from her?

Thank you for reading! Our little poor Celeste didn't witness this exchange. Luckily for her she was at her uncle's at the time. She may be a teenager on my banner, but in the story she's still a little girl. We won't hear from her until she becomes a teenager. Then she will have plenty to say.

@pammiechick I'm saving my whip for different games with another character(s)...
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options
    Jes2G wrote: »

Yeah, let the man keep his secret. I wonder how would it make him feel if he knew it wasn't his charm that brought Alex into his arms.
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options

Yeah, let the man keep his secret. I wonder how would it make him feel if he knew it wasn't his charm that brought Alex into his arms.

HA! Oh yes. He'll feel crushed and then probably through an adult sized tantrum with daddy lol. Then perhaps after he 🐸🐸🐸🐸 his wounds, maybe he'll contact Kellie and ask her to tell him show she really felt and why she never loved him?
    forum_final.png

• Options

HA! Oh yes. He'll feel crushed and then probably through an adult sized tantrum with daddy lol. Then perhaps after he plum his wounds, maybe he'll contact Kellie and ask her to tell him show she really felt and why she never loved him?
    Oh, I wouldn't recommend Thomas going against his daddy. Bad idea.
    heffners_orig.jpg