Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can I run sims 4 on this laptop?

Comments

• oopetoopet Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi,

Thank you, DeKay and phoebebebe13. I buy a laptop since I'm not staying at home. The sims on the go o:)

p/s: I stop playing almost a year due to the graphic problem from my current laptop. i5 first generation, 6 gb ram and ati 5600 or 5800 (forgot the gpu name)

Happy simmer guys!
  • oopetoopet Posts: 3 New Member
    idk how to edit my post. Can I just install the sims on hdd instead of ssd?
  • DarkSuperNinjaDarkSuperNinja Posts: 1,204 Member
    Sounds better than my sister's desktop (her computer physically can't play TS4 because it's under the spec) so I think you're good to go! xD
  • chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    oopet wrote: »

Yes you can install on HDD (ssd is preferred but not necessary at all.) But in your case you will need to install on HDD because your SSD is far too small.
    You will need to do the following to change game directory in origin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjQkSDiDMkM
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    oopet wrote: »

Yes, like what chesterbigbird said, you can install it in your HDD. I would also suggest you install Origin first in the HDD instead of SSD cuz some people have problems with launching the game when Origin is on a different drive then the game library.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • kerian12kerian12 Posts: 6 New Member

I think I saw this PC but I cant find the post... Could Sims 4 work well with the Dell Inspiron 7559?
    • 16Gb RAM
    • 1Tb HDD
    • 128 SSD
    • NVIDIA GeForce 960M
    • Intel Core i7
    • 4k IPS display (I would be changing the settings to 1080p to play it)

I would like to know if I'll be able to play it on high or max everything and still have it run okay with no lags or anything...
    edited March 2017
    kerian12 wrote: »
    I think I saw this PC but I cant find the post... Could Sims 4 work well with the Dell Inspiron 7559?
    • 16Gb RAM
    • 1Tb HDD
    • 128 SSD
    • NVIDIA GeForce 960M
    • Intel Core i7

I would like to know if I'll be able to play it on high or max everything and still have it run okay with no lags or anything...

It should be okay specs wise but I'm not too sure about the heating since a lot of the tech helpers here don't recommend Dell.

But it will play the game well with those specs. There will still be slow fps at some points in the game, just a side note, but it's due to the game, not the computer. If you really have to go with this laptop, I would also suggest you get a cooling pad for it. If you are fine with going for another option, I can tag my friend, phoebebebe13, to help you find another laptop that's probably cheaper with the same specs. :)
    FwDXXd5.gif
    edited March 2017
    • 16Gb RAM
    • 1Tb HDD
    • 128 SSD
    • NVIDIA GeForce 960M
    • Intel Core i7

You will not have enough space on the SSD to install the game, we usually recommend a minimum of 250GB. Changing from 4K to 1080p may make things slightly distorted or blurry.
    What size screen is it?
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Accio1988Accio1988 Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi, chesterbigbird or phoebebebe13. Would either one of you be able to tell me if this will work? I believe it will based on your earlier responses in this topic, but I want to be sure before purchasing. Thank you in advance for your help, it is very much appreciated.

Processor: 7th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ Quad Core (6MB Cache, up to 3.8 GHz)
    RAM: 8GB, 2400MHz, DDR4; up to 32GB (additional memory sold separately)
    Hard Drive: 1TB 5400 rpm Hybrid Hard Drive with 8GB Cache
    Video Card: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050Ti with 4GB GDDR5
    • 16Gb RAM
    • 1Tb HDD
    • 128 SSD
    • NVIDIA GeForce 960M
    • Intel Core i7

You will not have enough space on the SSD to install the game, we usually recommend a minimum of 250GB. Changing from 4K to 1080p may make things slightly distorted or blurry.
    What size screen is it?

And if I change the SSD and buy a better one? This laptop has that option... the screen size is 15.6"
    • 16Gb RAM
    • 1Tb HDD
    • 128 SSD
    • NVIDIA GeForce 960M
    • Intel Core i7

What size screen is it?

Also, that's if I installed it on the SSD, right?... but what if I installed it on the HDD? I'm not an expert, but that doubt popped in my head....
    I just saw @chesterbigbird 's answer to that other post which answered my second question as well... sorry, lol I would like to know what's the big difference in between the HDD and SSD when it comes to installing or playing Sims 4 on them, though...
  • Accio1988Accio1988 Posts: 2 New Member
    Sorry, forgot he @ mentions.

Hi, @chesterbigbird or @phoebebebe13. Would either one of you be able to tell me if this will work? I believe it will based on your earlier responses in this topic, but I want to be sure before purchasing. Thank you in advance for any assistance, it is very much appreciated.

Processor: 7th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ Quad Core (6MB Cache, up to 3.8 GHz)
    I just saw @chesterbigbird 's answer to that other post which answered my second question as well... sorry, lol I would like to know what's the big difference in between the HDD and SSD when it comes to installing or playing Sims 4 on them, though...

There's not much difference other than the time for it to start up. On an SSD, most programs seem to start up within 3 seconds in my experience and on HDD, probably about 20 secs for TS4.
    FwDXXd5.gif
    edited March 2017
    Accio1988 wrote: »
    Hi, chesterbigbird or phoebebebe13. Would either one of you be able to tell me if this will work? I believe it will based on your earlier responses in this topic, but I want to be sure before purchasing. Thank you in advance for your help, it is very much appreciated.

It will run the game well although I'm not too sure if a hybrid hard drive will be kinda bad? The processor and graphics card are good enough for the game tho. But I personally don't go for hybrid drives (but that's just me), but I hope chesterbigbird and phoebebebe can give you some better advice.
    FwDXXd5.gif

Hi, @chesterbigbird or @phoebebebe13. Would either one of you be able to tell me if this will work? I believe it will based on your earlier responses in this topic, but I want to be sure before purchasing. Thank you in advance for any assistance, it is very much appreciated.

The only issue i see with that is the hard drive speed, You generally want to get a hard drive with 7200rpm speed.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

• 16Gb RAM
    • 1Tb HDD
    • 128 SSD
    • NVIDIA GeForce 960M
    • Intel Core i7

What size screen is it?

Also, that's if I installed it on the SSD, right?... but what if I installed it on the HDD? I'm not an expert, but that doubt popped in my head....

You can install on HDD although SSD is a much faster drive and will improve loading times.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

• phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    • 16Gb RAM
    • 1Tb HDD
    • 128 SSD
    • NVIDIA GeForce 960M
    • Intel Core i7

What size screen is it?

And if I change the SSD and buy a better one? This laptop has that option... the screen size is 15.6"

If the laptop is under warranty you may not be able to change out the hard drive.

Playing the sims 4 on ssd rather than hdd will not make much of a loading time difference. If you were playing the sims 3, that game does take advantage of the ssd rather than hdd.
    • 16Gb RAM
    • 1Tb HDD
    • 128 SSD
    • NVIDIA GeForce 960M
    • Intel Core i7

I would not get a GTX 960m to run 4k resolution and if you drop it to 1080p as chester mentioned, it might get blurry. I don't suggest getting any laptop with 4k res unless you just want to stream movies and not game. You would need a really powerful desktop card to run 4k and even then you might get fps drops. There is no single video card on the market that can game in 4k while having solid fps.. We are not there yet.

The only issue i see with that is the hard drive speed, You generally want to get a hard drive with 7200rpm speed.

agree
    Btw, could I get away with using just the SSD for my Sims 4 game and just installing everything else on the HDD? Or is it not a good idea?
    Btw, could I get away with using just the SSD for my Sims 4 game and just installing everything else on the HDD? Or is it not a good idea?

You would not have enough room with 128 gb to game on the ssd. I have 250 gb and it get used up quickly. You need at least 250 gb or more on the ssd to game on it

edited March 2017

Like what Phoebebe said, you won't have enough. Also the whole Windows OS might have been installed in the SSD too so it's actually going to be even smaller than 128GB.

Is there any reason you want to have the game on an SSD?
    FwDXXd5.gif
    DeKay wrote: »

Like what Phoebebe said, you won't have enough. Also the whole Windows OS might have been installed in the SSD too so it's actually going to be even smaller than 128GB.

Ok, thank you for letting me know. :blush: And no, I just wanted to know because I read many times that it was better, etc. But now that I've learned the differences I'm totally okay with installing my Sims game on my HDD... :smile:
    DeKay wrote: »

Ok, thank you for letting me know. :blush: And no, I just wanted to know because I read many times that it was better, etc. But now that I've learned the differences I'm totally okay with installing my Sims game on my HDD... :smile:

Ya, it's only to make the first start up time when you open the game to be fast, that's all. :)
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • ReclusiveEagleReclusiveEagle Posts: 86 Member
    YokoRina wrote: »
    17.3" Intel COre i7 Ultimate Gaming Laptop

Operating System: Windows 8.1
    Processor: Intel Core i7-4710HQ
    Memory: 16GB
    Display: 17.3" FHD Screen
    Storage Drive: 1TB Hard Drive
    Optical Drive: DVDRW
    Graphics: GTX 970M 3GB

Is this a good laptop to run sims 4 with room for other stuff?

You should be able to run on Ultra with no problems at all, Just some advice if your game flickers as in the words get bigger smaller bigger smaller or the screen becomes blurry un-blurry go into nvida control panel and turn off Anti-Aliesing FXAA. It basically causes the screen to upscale downscale constantly.
    Eagle.