Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can I run sims 4 on this laptop?

baxter_milobaxter_milo Posts: 1,877 Member
edited February 2017 in PC - Technical Discussions
I'm getting a new laptop and I plan on playing only sims 4 and I just wondered if these specs will be ok?

Security Software Trial
•Office Software Trial
•8GB DDR4-2133 SDRAM (1 x 8GB)
•1TB 5400 rpm SATA
•2-cell 41 WHr Lithium-ion Battery
•SuperMulti DVD burner
•15.6" diagonal HD SVA BrightView WLED-backlit (1366 x 768)
•HP Wide Vision HD Webcam with Dual Digital Microphone (Dragonfly Blue)
•802.11b/g/n (1x1) and Bluetooth® 4.0 combo
•Full-size island-style backlit keyboard
•Windows 10 Home 64
•Dragonfly blue
•AMD Dual-Core A9-9410 APU (2.9 GHz, up to 3.5 GHz, 1 MB cache) + AMD Radeon™ R7 M440 Graphics (2GB DDR3 dedicated)

Comments

• Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,453 Member
    Not bad specs, but the M440 is a bit low-end. You would be better off with one of AMD's M460 (or higher) or the newest, M560 (or higher); you can also look into NVidia.

What is your preferred budget?

@chesterbigbird
    @phoebebebe13
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • baxter_milobaxter_milo Posts: 1,877 Member
    I've already got it ordered so I can't change it unfortunately.
  • chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    Considering the laptop is only 720p it will probably play ok on medium settings but this may change depending on any expansions you add.. and dont expect 60fps will probably get around 30-40fps.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• baxter_milobaxter_milo Posts: 1,877 Member
    edited February 2017
    I'm not expecting it to play as well as a desktop. I have a desktop with low end graphics and have it on ultra. I figure if I can get low-medium that should be fine. It's just to play when I don't want to use my desktop.
  • chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    I'm not expecting it to play as well as a desktop. I have a desktop with low end graphics and have it on ultra. I figure if I can get low-medium that should be fine. It's just to play when I don't want to use my desktop.

It should do low medium.. but if you find it's getting hot consider a cooling pad.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• YokoRinaYokoRina Posts: 3 New Member

17.3" Intel COre i7 Ultimate Gaming Laptop

Operating System: Windows 8.1
    Processor: Intel Core i7-4710HQ
    Memory: 16GB
    Display: 17.3" FHD Screen
    Storage Drive: 1TB Hard Drive
    Optical Drive: DVDRW
    Graphics: GTX 970M 3GB

Is this a good laptop to run sims 4 with room for other stuff?
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    YokoRina wrote: »

Yes, definitely. Just make sure the game is running the Nvidia card in case your laptop has an integrated Intel Graphics card.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Oh thanks so much. Id much rather have a desktop.
    DeKay wrote: »

Yes, definitely. Just make sure the game is running the Nvidia card in case your laptop has an integrated Intel Graphics card.

Key Specifications

Operating System: Windows 8.1 (64 bit)
    Processor: Intel Core i7-4710HQ Haswell 2.5GHz (Turbo up to 3.5GHz)
    Memory: 16 GB System Memory (DDR3L)
    Max supported: 32GB (8GB*4DIMM)
    Video Graphics: Nvidia GTX970M 3GB GDDR5
    Hard Drive: 1TB 7200RPM
    Optical Drive: DL DVD±RW/CD-RW
    Display: 17.3" FHD (1920*1080), matte
    Webcam: 1.2MP HD Camera
    Network Card: Integrated 10/100/1000 Mbps Fast Ethernet
    Wireless Option: 802.11AC
    Bluetooth: 4.0
    Card Reader: SD, MMC
    Audio: ROG AudioWizard
    Keyboard: Illuminated Backlit
    4x USB 3.0 ports
    2x Audio jack : 1*Head phone / 1*Mic-in
    1x VGA Port (D-Sub)
    1x LAN RJ-45
    1x HDMI
    1x Thunderbolt
    Warranty 1 Year Limited

Key Specifications

Operating System: Windows 8.1 (64 bit)
    Processor: Intel Core i7-4710HQ Haswell 2.5GHz (Turbo up to 3.5GHz)
    Memory: 16 GB System Memory (DDR3L)
    Max supported: 32GB (8GB*4DIMM)
    Video Graphics: Nvidia GTX970M 3GB GDDR5
    Hard Drive: 1TB 7200RPM
    Optical Drive: DL DVD±RW/CD-RW
    Display: 17.3" FHD (1920*1080), matte
    Webcam: 1.2MP HD Camera
    Network Card: Integrated 10/100/1000 Mbps Fast Ethernet
    Wireless Option: 802.11AC
    Bluetooth: 4.0
    Card Reader: SD, MMC
    Audio: ROG AudioWizard
    Keyboard: Illuminated Backlit
    4x USB 3.0 ports
    2x Audio jack : 1*Head phone / 1*Mic-in
    1x VGA Port (D-Sub)
    1x LAN RJ-45
    1x HDMI
    1x Thunderbolt
    Warranty 1 Year Limited

Okay, just refer to this page to make sure your Nvidia card is running while the game is on: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/863606/laptop-users-update-your-card-assignment-for-64bit/p1
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    Hi, I wanted to know if the sims 4 would run on this laptop:

HP Pavilion 15-au010wm 15.6" Liquid Platinum Gaming Laptop, Windows 10, Intel Core i7-6500U Processor, NVIDIA GeForce 940MX Graphics, 12GB Memory, 1TB Hard Drive

I know that I can get a more affordable desktop than a Laptop but I don't have the space. I honestly don't want to spend too much and this laptop is in my budget. The only game I play is the Sims 4 and I do not use custom content or mods.

HP Pavilion 15-au010wm 15.6" Liquid Platinum Gaming Laptop, Windows 10, Intel Core i7-6500U Processor, NVIDIA GeForce 940MX Graphics, 12GB Memory, 1TB Hard Drive

I know that I can get a more affordable desktop than a Laptop but I don't have the space. I honestly don't want to spend too much and this laptop is in my budget. The only game I play is the Sims 4 and I do not use custom content or mods.

Nope. The CPU is weak for the game and the graphics card is not that great too. What is your exact budget and where are you from? @phoebebebe13 can help you find a laptop.
    FwDXXd5.gif

Nope. The CPU is weak for the game and the graphics card is not that great too. What is your exact budget and where are you from? @phoebebebe13 can help you find a laptop.

I am in the USA. I would be getting this laptop on sale for $600 USD. I really would want to be under $800 USD and would max spend $1000 USD. So my budget is very small.
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited March 2017

I am in the USA. I would be getting this laptop on sale for $600 USD. I really would want to be under $800 USD and would max spend $1000 USD. So my budget is very small.

That HP laptop you posted will have problems with this game. $600 is too low a budget.

Newegg charges no tax outside CA, TN and NJ . The MSI laptop is better than the dell I posted below . The MSI is designed for gaming and will have better cooling

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834154381&cm_re=gtx_960m-_-34-154-381-_-Product

https://www.amazon.com/Dell-Inspiron-i7559-2512BLK-Generation-GeForce/dp/B015PYZ0J6/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1488440788&sr=8-4&keywords=gtx+960m

That HP laptop you posted will have problems with this game. $600 is too low a budget.

Newegg charges no tax outside CA, TN and NJ . The MSI laptop is better than the dell I posted below . The MSI is designed for gaming and will have better cooling ]

Thank you so much for the help. I prefer to purchase the computer on amazon, for that reason I am leaning toward the Dell. Will that laptop allow me to play the sims for at least 3 years? If I up my budget to $1000 would it make a difference? Thanks again for help, I'm honestly out of my depth when it comes to this.
  • WiggleyTuffWiggleyTuff Posts: 600 Member
    I doubt that laptop will survive (dell one) the three years youre talking about, not with everything thatll come out. Bumping up it to 1000USD will help you but i dont know by much(:
    I doubt that laptop will survive (dell one) the three years youre talking about, not with everything thatll come out. Bumping up it to 1000USD will help you but i dont know by much(:

The dell has the same specs as the MSI but the MSI has better cooling
  • WiggleyTuffWiggleyTuff Posts: 600 Member

Oh yeah my bad xD

Oh yeah my bad xD

:D It's always better to get a laptop that is designed for gaming. It will have better cooling. The dell meets requirements but you would need a laptop cooler with that laptop
    @Evilyn_1007 This would be a much better choice than the two I posted.

Thanks for the help. I've decided to wait until next month to get my laptop. If it's not to much trouble my I ask you for help then, as I know new products come out and prices change.

@Evilyn_1007 This would be a much better choice than the two I posted.

Thanks for the help. I've decided to wait until next month to get my laptop. If it's not to much trouble my I ask you for help then, as I know new products come out and prices change.

Your welcome. You may get lucky and that Asus will be available in a month. It has all new hardware. The newest skylake and the new 1000 series Nvidia card. The other laptops I posted have the first skylake processor and the 900 series Nvidia. I see those going before the newer hardware laptops. We are always here. Feel free to ask when your ready to buy
  • oopetoopet Posts: 3 New Member
    Hey guys,

Would like to know if this specs will be able to run ultra setting on the sims 4 (all expansion and stuff).

Processor: i7-7700HQ
    Graphic: GTX1060 6gb
    Ram: 8gb
    Hdd: 1tb
    Ssd: 128gb

I'm on a tight budget to get gtx1070 gpu. If yes, could gtx1060 able to run the sims for few years?

Thanks!
    @oopet wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Would like to know if this specs will be able to run ultra setting on the sims 4 (all expansion and stuff).

I'm on a tight budget to get gtx1070 gpu. If yes, could gtx1060 able to run the sims for few years?

Thanks!

It will work great! Have fun with the computer!
    FwDXXd5.gif
    edited March 2017
    oopet wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Thanks!

1060 would be fine.

128 gb ssd is small. You will need to redirect and install your games on the second 1tb hard drive . I would also suggest redirecting your documents folder to the second hard drive.

Edit
    If This is a laptop you do need an i7 . At first I thought you were asking about desktop. It's early and need more coffee :p
    Post edited by phoebebebe13 on