Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Change form for new custom Occult

DrHouse93MSDrHouse93MS Posts: 3 New Member
edited March 5 in Nominated Threads
Hi everyone :smiley:

So, as the title says, I'm trying to develop a new Occult which, like Aliens, is able to switch between a Sim Form and its Devil Form (I'm trying to create Succubi). So, I tried to use the same scripts used by the devs to make Aliens switch their look. While I managed to create the proper interactions, buffs and traits, there's still a consistent problem: my Occult doesn't change appearance at all. I've also made the proper outfit with the proper tags (which is Uniform_SuccubusEveryday, with similar names for the other outfit categories) but it's still not working. I've looked into the XMLs, and I found no reference of the Alien clothing switch anywhere, so here's my question: how do Aliens change their look (which means Skintone, Uniform, Hairstyle etc.) when they take on their True Form?
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• SimGuruEugiSimGuruEugi Posts: 503 SimGuru
    Unfortunately, there is C++ code that handles part of the alien generation. You'll have to write a script mod to overcome some of the limitations you'll encounter. You won't be able to rely on the native generate_occult function. Instead, you'll probably have to generate a regular Sim using your custom tags and then using that as the occult form.

Sounds like a cool project. Good luck!!
  • DrHouse93MSDrHouse93MS Posts: 3 New Member
    Thanks for your answer :smiley:

There's still a thing I don't understand, though. So basically, whenever an Alien switches forms, a script generates a new one with his traits, memories, relationships etc.? Does this happen to those created by CAS or moved to my household, too? So basically, each time an Alien switches forms, the old Sim disappears and a sort of "clone" of it takes its place?
    Thanks for your answer :smiley:

There's still a thing I don't understand, though. So basically, whenever an Alien switches forms, a script generates a new one with his traits, memories, relationships etc.? Does this happen to those created by CAS or moved to my household, too? So basically, each time an Alien switches forms, the old Sim disappears and a sort of "clone" of it takes its place?

Yes, but only in regards to physical attributes. The class you need to generate and switch is called SimInfoBaseWrapper. All of the code is in occult_tracker.py (as I'm sure you know, by now).
  • DrHouse93MSDrHouse93MS Posts: 3 New Member
    So, I've looked into the scripts for some reference, but I only found the unreadables occult_tracker.pyo and sim_info_base_wrapper.pyo. Is there no way to read the code in it? Because as far as I know, Decompilers don't work at their best. Or maybe the .py files are in the game directory, but I haven't found them? (in that case, where can I find them?^^)
    You'll have to decompile the scripts yourself. There are a few tutorials out there on how to do this.
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    DrHouse, there are about 3 different decompile scripts and instructions on MTS, and I had to kind of mix and match a couple of them to get all the scripts decompiled fully lol
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    @DrHouse93MS no idea if you'll see this, since you've only made a couple of posts here, but if you do, I'd like to ask one thing.
    How on earth did you create your Uniform_SuccubusEveryday tag? This is driving me absolutely insane, since you're about the only person I've seen who's managed to create a custom uniform, and I really need to use the technique in my own mod.
    wJbomAo.png
  • brittpinkiebrittpinkie Posts: 52 Member
    @SimGuruModSquad or @SimGuruEugi any insight on how we can go about creating uniform tags? I'm also wondering for a mod of mine- I'd like to create a custom uniform for a career level. Thanks in advance!
  • SimGuruModSquadSimGuruModSquad Posts: 597 Member
    Hey @brittpinkie, tags are defined in tag.tuning so adding the tag should be pretty straightforward. There are community tools out there that will help you edit this tuning.

-SGMS
    Hey @brittpinkie, tags are defined in tag.tuning so adding the tag should be pretty straightforward. There are community tools out there that will help you edit this tuning.

-SGMS

Thank you so much! I'll try it out tonight :)
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    @brittpinkie, let me know if you figure it out. I'm in the browser/clone tool of Sims 4 Mod Workshop right now, and my best guess would've been the TagTuning type there. Can't find anything about uniforms, though. It's all broad categories like "shoes", "top", "bottom", "fullbody". No dice, as far as I can see.
    wJbomAo.png
    Hi @kwanzaabot ...I found the tag.tuning file easily enough (I think it's better to use XML Extractor/File Finder or Sims4Studio for things like this, personally- Sims 4 Mod Workshop is probably a bit limited in what it can do) and there's definitely an area there where you can define things like Uniform_Mailman, etc. I think it'd be easy enough to edit the XML file and add our own uniform tags. If you use one of those programs, search for "15608553923092786359." That's the instance code for the tag.tuning. When you scroll along, you'll see the other uniform tags I'm talking about.

@SimGuruModSquad the problem I'm still having trouble with now, is how do I add my new tag to the CASP file? The programs we have available at the moment are Sims4Studio and S4PE. Both programs allow the CASP file to be edited. but not completely and I can't seem to figure out how to add a custom tag to either of them. The file itself seems to be a .binary file extension, and I have no idea how to open or edit those. Any help there?
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    The programs we have available at the moment are Sims4Studio and S4PE.

Have you tried The Sims' Resource Workshop? I don't do CAS creating myself so I don't know if it's any better in this way, but it might be worth a try if you haven't already. Also there is Cmar's CAS editor which I believe you can find via Mod The Sims forums

IngeJones wrote: »
    The programs we have available at the moment are Sims4Studio and S4PE.

Have you tried The Sims' Resource Workshop? I don't do CAS creating myself so I don't know if it's any better in this way, but it might be worth a try if you haven't already. Also there is Cmar's CAS editor which I believe you can find via Mod The Sims forums

Thank you! I thought about TSRW so I will give it a go. I did actually already try the CAS editor, but that didn't work either :(
    Maybe @DrHouse93MS will come back and tell us how they did it... :)
    Alright, made some progress with this a while ago- found out how to do the tag tuning, and Sims4Studio added a new option to create custom tags on clothing and objects! I successfully made a custom outfit and it worked in game- the only thing I'm now unsure about is if there's a way of making it so I'm not overwriting the tags.tuning file each time I add a custom uniform tag. It's fine for one mod, but if more than one of us do it, it'll cause conflicts in mods, not to mention the file would have to be updated constantly with patches/DLC.

@SimGuruModSquad Is there a way of making a python injection for the tag.tuning file for custom uniform tags? Or some other work around that wouldn't be an override? Thanks!
  • Dorsal_AxeDorsal_Axe Posts: 1 New Member
    brittpinkie, can I ask how you added custom tags to S4S? I remember doing it long ago for a mod I put on hold, and seem to recall it involved adding a file with the desired tags in it, but I can't remember exactly.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top