Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Scenario Popups

So, when you're in any career, you always get those cute little ethical dilemmas about someone killing your class pet or whatever... where do these come from? Is there a list of them, and their odds, somewhere? Obviously by changing the localization file you can "create" new dilemmas by just changing the description and the choices, but is there any way to truly create new ones? I also notice that two professions in particular have "ChanceCard" files, which seem to be what I'm looking for... if you make a new career, can you trigger the dilemmas similarly to that? If you override an existing career, will it work for them too? How do they get triggered?

Hey new members! Wondering where the "create discussion" button is? Turns out you need 30 posts and 50 points (points come from people reacting to your posts) in order to start your own discussions. Head to the welcome categories and post away and you should get there in a day or so.

Comments

• NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    edited February 2017
    The Chance cards are defined in snippets (eg career_Business_ChanceCard_13) listed in the super interactions in basic_extras (like in si_Career_Business), or directly in the basic_extras (like in si_Career_TechGuru). I think Business and Atheletic have a different structure because they were made afterward.

To make a new Chance Card, you could add it directly in the basic_extras, or create a new snippet that you add to basic_extras (take a look at the document to generate your new ids : http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/779844/maxis-documentation).