Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sunset Valley Makeovers: Who knew there were such beautiful sims hiding under all that basegame?

AlexPazAlexPaz Posts: 143 Member
Alright im sure someone has made a thread about this before but i thought id share my stylist skills with you guys! feel free to share yours aswell! I havent changed anything genetic ( face,body etc) all i changed was eyebrows eyes hair etc.
First Up: The Alvi boys
BEFORE: VJ ALVI
166koxj.jpg
AFTER
14y372g.jpg
DEfinatley my favorite of the Alvi boys.
ipt8xk.jpg
Ohh yea, you gotta get schwifty
33y1gk1.jpg

Comments

• GaiaHypothesisGaiaHypothesis Posts: 1,886 Member
    I love a good makeover!!
    Ridiculous Time of Layla and Harris - Wishacy (PG)
    Look What We Started- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT)
    ISLAND END- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT, link is for scene list on sims.com)
    Studio
  • CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    I started one awhile back called Townie Makeovers, some good stuff by everone there.... ;)
  • The_Black_FamilyThe_Black_Family Posts: 32 Member
    Huh, I don't like how his face is stretched horizontally like that. Looks weird.
  • AlexPazAlexPaz Posts: 143 Member
    @GaiaHypothesis thank you
    @Charlottesmom I love love makeovers
    @The_Black_Family I think he looks amazing
    33y1gk1.jpg
    Miraj Alvi
    Ill be honest I like VJ a lot more :D
    2zz7ul0.jpg
    After
    2nk3mtt.jpg
    don't have a before a before but here is Gunther Goth
    24ez95t.jpg
    :p
    33y1gk1.jpg
  • jordandjordand Posts: 262 Member
    Wow, Miraj looks much better! Awesome job!!
  • KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    Sims makeover are always fun to do.
    @jordand Thank you!
    33y1gk1.jpg
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited February 2017
    @AlexPaz I enjoyed seeing your makeovers very much, especially Miraj :D
    I did a bunch of SV makeovers in late 2013/early 2014. Here is the thread :D Of course, mine were genetic changes because I need full control over my games ;)

@Charlottesmom You might want to see this also, as I am sure I mentioned it to you in our chats :)
  • Peach77Peach77 Posts: 313 Member
    @AlexPaz They look adorable! And Gunther looks so silly! It's amazing what better hair and eyebrow choices can make.

And taking off some of the harsh makeup EA caked on.... case in point... Zelda Mae.
    TS3%202016-07-25%2023-00-15-97.png
    TS3%202016-07-26%2000-24-49-66.png

But I think the real magic of a makeover is the sense of connection it gives the player with a sim. No two people will makeover a sim the same way. How does that military saying about guns go? This is my sim. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

• TragicClownTragicClown Posts: 58 Member
    These makeovers are great i do it sometimes as well as im playing a family :)
  • KatNipKatNip Posts: 1,066 Member
    Agnes is super pretty. So is Claire Ursine... Justine Keaton, of course. :love:
    @KatNip @TragicClown @Peach77 thank you all <3 I'll share a lot more later I just have to go in and get before shots :)
    33y1gk1.jpg
    A Bunch of Bunches

Darlene: Before :)
    293afbb.jpg
    300xh6t.jpg
    Darlene: After
    jj3cso.jpg
    10p4njl.jpg

Arlo bunch: before
    2yx4v88.jpg
    23ihyyc.jpg
    After ( didn't change much, also didn't want to use too much CC) :p
    2eb4xfs.jpg
    Lisa Bunch: Before
    2hrpbwk.jpg
    Lisa After (OMG SHE IS BEAUTIFUL WITH DARKER HAIR.)
    2egdwyf.jpg
    2qdztc4.jpg
    t8t1c4.jpg
    Ethan: Before
    2a75z6b.jpg
    Ethan: after this is the first time ive changed the genetics but I think I did a good job!
    zo9gsk.jpg
    161cj75.jpg
    33y1gk1.jpg
  • Sunfisher0Sunfisher0 Posts: 211 Member
    edited February 2017
    I love the townies in every EA town; I tend to grow attached to them, especially the Sunset Valley ones. Even the "ugly" ones have their own charm and personality.

When I modify the genetics I try to go for a realistic look, without tweaking the features too much as I want them to still resemble the original (that being said, I almost never modify noses or jaw shapes to keep the "authenticity" :neutral:)

This is Tori Kimura EA standard:
    Screenshot.jpg

This is Tori Kimura after a small eye size and shape tweak, monolid skin, different hairstyle and some makeup.
    Tori%2BKimura%2B1.png
    Tori%2BKimura%2B2.png

• Autumn_CatsAutumn_Cats Posts: 347 Member
    Sunfisher0 wrote: »
    I love the townies in every EA town; I tend to grow attached to them, especially the Sunset Valley ones. Even the "ugly" ones have their own charm and personality.

When I modify the genetics I try to go for a realistic look, without tweaking the features too much as I want them to still resemble the original (that being said, I almost never modify noses or jaw shapes to keep the "authenticity" :neutral:)

This is Tori Kimura EA standard:
    Screenshot.jpg

This is Tori Kimura after a small eye size and shape tweak, monolid skin, different hairstyle and some makeup.
    Tori%2BKimura%2B1.png
    Tori%2BKimura%2B2.png

Omg she's beauty!!
  • ShojoDaggerShojoDagger Posts: 320 Member
    edited February 2017
    Huh, I don't like how his face is stretched horizontally like that. Looks weird.
    Yeah, but the OP didn't make his face like that, EA did. The problem I've found with VJ is that whatever hair/eybrows/beard you put on him just changes which parts of his weird facial features stand out most. He just has a weird face from the start.

I gave up on trying to make him look normal & did this to him.
    ZL3DGaf.jpg
    Yeah....I call him "Fishboy" Alvi now.

He looks even "better" as a ghost.
    UAcbmRe.jpg
    I think he looks kind of like Flounder from The Little Mermaid.

The makeover on Miraj is quite the improvement, however. He seems to have nicer features than VJ.

I've also done one on Arlo. He looks normal as a child, but when he grows up he's kinda ugly.
    yQKp2kx.png
    The left is "natural". All I did was change the eyes & nose.

The weird thing with Arlo is that I've looked at both his parents & neither of them have features like this, I can't figure out where he gets his eyes & nose from. I've checked out his siblings too. Their features are easily identifiable to their parents & not at all like Arlo's.
    My guesses are: 1) he's secretly adopted, 2) he was dropped on his face as an infant 3), Judy took some sort of "untested lab formula" whilst pregnant.

@AlexPaz I suggest you go back to Arlo, check him out as an adult & fix his face.
    I used the first preset eyes & nose when I made him over, btw, if you don't want too fiddle much with him.

I love the make over of Toni; super cute!
    I uploaded something! (yay) My Studio
    Enjoy!
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Anne Song always always ALWAYS has an angry look on her face (imo)! I don't know - maybe she's upset about not having a make-over? LOL :lol: !
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • AnvilshippingAnvilshipping Posts: 240 Member
    @5782341b77vl Well, she's a townie and... you know. EAxis always tends to care more about how the playables are dressed than the actual homeless townies. The homeless townies usually are made of smushed presets. I don't think Anne Song looks angry, but she reminds me a bit of a... Lilo&Stitch character?

Of course, usually even just changing the eyebrows, hairstyle, makeup, and outfit, creates a complete new look and personality on your sim.
  • Oh the ugly Arlo. I'm marrying him with family-oriented Irene Funke, who' face as a teenager and young adult looks, of course not on Arlo's level, difficult as well. So they will have many children in my game story - The Real Sunset Valley.
  • AnvilshippingAnvilshipping Posts: 240 Member
    Yeah, premade sim children often looks somewhat odd as they age up.
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    Here's VJ Alvi in my game. I sent him off to a Youth Ranch after some trouble with the law. I don't only like to make sims over, but I also re-write EA's backstory! To be honest, VJ already had the perfect backstory for a juvenile, I just made him taller and changed his clothes...

The other guys on the picture are:
    Thomas Castor, 16, Twinbrook, has always tried his best to mind his parent's traditional family values and strict rules, but despite his good intentions he often ends up finding himself in some sort of trouble. Being a computer wizard he spends his days in the basement, hacking away at one program or another. But hacking into the Twinbrook Police Headquarters’ secret database was not a smart move...

Derek Vargas (the hero of my story)

Elspeth Cook (Evil 🐸🐸🐸🐸), 17, Bridgeport, is not a happy teenager. The lack of love in the household has pushed her into rebellion. Promising herself not to follow in her corrupt politician father or groomed-within-an-inch-of-her-life-money-loving mother’s footsteps, she throws herself into the arms of Michael Love who happens to be big movie star Matthew Hamming’s little brother. He also happens to be 24 years old… Soon pregnant with Michael’s child, Matthew Hamming had to use his influence to get his brother out of trouble. Elspeth's father saw to it minor Elspeth was sent away – first to get an abortion and then straight to Appaloosa Plains… But did she really follow the doctor’s orders?

thegreywitches-part02-05-35.jpg?w=1000&h=600

NymlADp.jpg
  • NataNataNMNataNataNM Posts: 1 New Member
    Мой любимый сим Виджи Альви
  • SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    @CravenLestat knew...
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited February 2017
    NataNataNM wrote: »
    Мой любимый сим Виджи Альви
    "My favourite sim Vigie Alvi."

(Google Translate opens doors :mrgreen: )
    5JZ57S6.png