Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stop inviting my child to a bar! Petition.

Dear, adult sims, please stop calling my child and invite him/her to go to a bar or a club with you. They are not old enough. They have school and homework to take care of. And you need to stop being a creep and make friends of your own age.
What kind of world do we live in where no one is safe? I can't even let my child go play on monkey bars in the park without them making a creepy acquaintance that calls in the middle of the night ( and day, and morning) and invites my child to a bar. Dear, sim adults, it needs to stop. If you don't stop tormenting my children I will get a restraining order on you. Thank you very much for your understanding.

In all seriousness, why do adult sims invite child sims to a bar/club, etc? Why do they invite my child anywhere? Period.
To me it's really disturbing when a random adult sim invites a single child to go somewhere without his parents supervision.

When will this bug be fixed? And will it ever be fixed?
Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

Comments

• TDU90TDU90 Posts: 1,822 Member
    edited January 2017
    :D lolz

Thats terrible. Just as bad as random strangers showing up and knocking on my sims door, waiting to be let in, like in my game.

• Teslachick2Teslachick2 Posts: 442 Member
    I thought that was fixed in one of the patches? I used to get those calls but not anymore.
    I regret some of my life choices.
  • PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    edited January 2017
    I thought that was fixed in one of the patches? I used to get those calls but not anymore.

Nope. I get these calls every day for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

They also call in the weirdest times. Sometimes they'd call in the morning. Sometimes in the middle of the night. Sometimes at noon. Because we all know that where partying is consirned there's no such thing as a bad time.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• KingUnknown10KingUnknown10 Posts: 73 Member
    Wow I've never heard of this happening in the game xD
  • mariah6194mariah6194 Posts: 1,002 Member
    I'd also like kids to not show up anywhere during school hours. One of the things I miss about open world is that everyone was living their own, scheduled lives. With Sims 4 we have to kind of imagine that townies have their own lives, and seeing them in the wrong place at the wrong time breaks the immersion.

I feel like the game is actually pretty good with this, except for children. Asking a sim to hang out and having them tell me they're busy right now always corresponds with their work hours. If you hang out at their house and they have to work soon, they will leave when they're supposed to. But yes, I see kids walking around during school time, which makes no sense.

To the OP, I think the whole call/text thing is bugged right now because my adult Sims sometimes get invited by child Sims to play hooky from school. Or my female sim will get invited to guys night at the bar. Hope it gets patched soon.
    tumblr_olomnw8E5c1ug9tk9o2_500.gif
  • james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    How about the opposite? Yes I have the opposite problem of this thread. The child of another sim keeps inviting my adult sim to the bar. Yes we got bugs. Or another one. I used my adult sim to write excuse note for teen. Another teen sends her a text to play hokey from school. Please lets beg the Simgurus to fix our bugs.
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited January 2017
    Setting aside that kids get them, I always ignore those weird text messages and calls - they always come at the weirdest times and I don't like that you have to go right away - it doesn't make any sense to go to a club early in the morning - it's only irritating.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • tinaestelletinaestelle Posts: 201 Member
    This also happens to me practically every day in my game. They'll call at like 5am asking my sims child to "hang out tonight?" I'm sorry, but tonight is like 9pm, not 5am, and you're asking a child. I find it very annoying.
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    Dear, adult sims, please stop calling my child and invite him/her to go to a bar or a club with you. They are not old enough. They have school and homework to take care of. And you need to stop being a creep and make friends of your own age.
    What kind of world do we live in where no one is safe? I can't even let my child go play on monkey bars in the park without them making a creepy acquaintance that calls in the middle of the night ( and day, and morning) and invites my child to a bar. Dear, sim adults, it needs to stop. If you don't stop tormenting my children I will get a restraining order on you. Thank you very much for your understanding.

In all seriousness, why do adult sims invite child sims to a bar/club, etc? Why do they invite my child anywhere? Period.
    To me it's really disturbing when a random adult sim invites a single child to go somewhere without his parents supervision.

Where do I sign? Can I sign twice?
    Can you also make the calls appropriate to the time of day and let us turn it off completely?
    Thanks in advance

Signed Unconsciouzone.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    lol, imagine the chaos if you said this IRL! (including the added "petition" at the end) :D
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • klestrellaklestrella Posts: 440 Member
    I've had a teen get a few texts from an adult asking her out on a date to "see if things get spicy"...can we get a petition against that, too? :grimace::lol:
  • KraftyKiana55KraftyKiana55 Posts: 105 Member
    I always see at least one child at the nightclub when my sim goes there at like midnight. :o
    YouTuber | KianaLuvsYou44 | 13k+ Subbies

ERM8xAm.gif

• JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    My toddlers father (who lives in a separate household) asked his daughter to go to singles night with him :/
  • ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    I think by now, everyone knows that you do not say no to a toddler, they are too cute to resist. If they want to go clubbing at the age of 1-2 and at midnight, then you go clubbing! xD
  • LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
    edited January 2017
    Count me in for this. I'd honestly be happy if all non relative sims were banned from calling my child. It is creepy and I seriously don't like it. I don't know any adults who are friends with non relative children, or any child with adult friends that aren't related to them. I find it disturbing that my kids get called by that guy they met in the park once, I find it seriously creepy that the older guy sims are 🐸🐸🐸🐸 on my teen daughter. This does need addressed.
    "Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast
  • klestrellaklestrella Posts: 440 Member
    I always see at least one child at the nightclub when my sim goes there at like midnight. :o
    Don't get me started on the clubs of children and their after-school visits to the nightclubs...all they do is drink water and read. Party animals, clearly. :lol:

• carlymichellecarlymichelle Posts: 3,402 Member
    i found this mod i assume it will work with the latest patch?? but use it at your own risk..

http://simscommunity.info/social/resources/no-children-teens-in-clubs-lounges-less-elders-in-lounges.202/
  • Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    I just hate getting phone calls in general in my game. I wish there's an option to turn it off completely.
    Sc3niX wrote: »
    I just hate getting phone calls in general in my game. I wish there's an option to turn it off completely.
    @Sc3niX I believe you can silence the phone.
    Zafireria wrote: »

I have. All the phone calls still come through regardless...
  • pamy1124pamy1124 Posts: 525 Member

This makes me think of the inappropriate romantic interactions that used to happen... I'd leave my sims alone and suddenly the mom was feeling "flirty" while talking to her child son. No, just no.
    tumblr_mepseko5hO1r4j4oj.gif

@Sc3niX Oh I'm sorry, never used the feature myself, but thought it would make sense.

@Sc3niX Oh I'm sorry, never used the feature myself, but thought it would make sense.

Its not your fault, on my game its just a feature that doesn't work :(