The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Residential lot edits disappeared.

I recently edited a house I built, to add a front balcony, played it for a while, saved the game, then saved and exited. When I loaded the game a little while later, the edits were gone in the named game save file, but still there in the autosave (in the world view, but gone in live mode). Im playing on a mac with Sierra and all game patches are up to date. I can post screen shots if no one understands what Im talking about.
Cheers

Comments

• CharKittyBooCharKittyBoo Posts: 569 Member
    I hope you didn't encounter the same problem as I did, because mine only got worse and I still haven't found a solution. I'm looking into installing MC to at least help it run a bit smoother for the saves I have that do work.

After the patch & CL my main save game began to have a lot of issues. It started with the game deleting my saves, then one day I went on to find all my residential newcrest lots gone (in world view and live mode). I travelled to lots in San Myshuno (including apartments-the whole building was gone) and I found only empty lots occasionally with some odd raised or lowered landscape alteration (ranging from giant gaping jagged holes to plateaus). I was lucky enough to find a really old save that still had the lots in it-so I was able to save them to my library, but even after loading a completely new save file the game still wouldn't allow me to place more than one lot (I would place a second and it would delete the first). For now I've just saved all my lots and households and given up. Maybe I'll try again once the next patch rolls around.

I wish I could post screenshots because they look pretty ridiculous-but also since the patch & CL none of my screenshots have saved to my folder and are only accessible in-game.
    Family player we got toddlers...my life is complete 1/12/17 best. day. ever.
    7ZDKKOkt.png
    My Plum Family Tree