Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

so this is why we can't have two expansions a year?

Comments

• marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    makes you wonder how long the sims 4 will run with this one pack a year.

seems unlikely the free patches are the cause.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »

No one knows how long it will be in development for but hopfully not more that 5 years. A lot of players have long since 'given up' and I don't see many p,ayers wanting to stick with it forever.

Hopfully by then something new will come along that would be so good we would actually not care if we have 'just one EP a year' :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    No one knows how long it will be in development for but hopfully not more that 5 years. A lot of players have long since 'given up' and I don't see many p,ayers wanting to stick with it forever.

at the same time, are they capable of developing a better base than TS4 in 3 years? Wasn't TS4 being developed as TS4 and not Olympus for 2 years?
  • DukeCybranDukeCybran Posts: 73 Member
    TBH, it's just an activity rather than an 'update' :D
    C4jGfkwVUAQbeSb.jpg:large
    My game ID: DukeCybran_TW;
    Language: English, Simplified/Traditional Chinese. Happy simming!
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member

Ok they have EP SP and GP and like @luthienrising said the game packs are up to equaling the missing EP you think we are missing.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    At least compare apples to apples rather than apples to oranges.
  • DecafHighDecafHigh Posts: 669 Member
    I definitely don't think the Live Update team has been sitting on their hands. They certainly earn their pay, especially with the gender and lighting updates, which are perhaps my favorite updates of all time across all Sims Iterations.

Seeing the list compiled like that I can see now that the Live team is basically just adding back in all the stuff that already should have been in the base game to begin with. :D In fact I wonder how much of that is stuff worked on before release that got cut?

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,577 Member
    I'm pretty sure that's not the reason. Making an EP takes a lot more work than creating these boost events.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
    mirta000 wrote: »

at the same time, are they capable of developing a better base than TS4 in 3 years? Wasn't TS4 being developed as TS4 and not Olympus for 2 years?

It depends if they started developing anything after TS4 launched. I think that it is possible for them to release a stable base and make a decent Sims game. I hope that one day they can out Olympus behind them.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg

Hopfully by then something new will come along that would be so good we would actually not care if we have 'just one EP a year' :smile:

I seriously hope not more than 5 years. We seriously need to move on from this game :unamused: I feel like if you loathe this game, then TS4 is like a bad GF/BF you've been living with for the past two years who you're barely on speaking terms with.... you just want to end things, but you don't like the idea of not having anyone. So you just rekindle a side fling with your old GF/BF (TS2/TS3) who you're still not sure why you dumped for this hot mess you're stuck with (TS4) and the whole time you're just waiting for Ms./Mr. Right (TS5) to come along. And your ideal GF/BF is just a combination of your past partners (TS1/TS2/TS3).

Come on TS5... make me feel love again :bawling::heartbreak:

I am still in a relationship with TS3 and there are no problems. We are now in the 'mature' phase and we know each other well. There is no reason to end that relationship ;)

A lot of people have gone back to TS3 as that is where the good times are.

Some people went back feeling guilty while others went back with pride knowing they had more appreciation for it :smiley:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    edited November 2016
    I seriously hope not more than 5 years. We seriously need to move on from this game :unamused: I feel like if you loathe this game, then TS4 is like a bad GF/BF you've been living with for the past two years who you're barely on speaking terms with.... you just want to end things, but you don't like the idea of not having anyone. So you just rekindle a side fling with your old GF/BF (TS2/TS3) who you're still not sure why you dumped for this hot mess you're stuck with (TS4) and the whole time you're just waiting for Ms./Mr. Right (TS5) to come along. And your ideal GF/BF is just a combination of your past partners (TS1/TS2/TS3).

Sounds to me like you just need to take the plunge and dump them. You know it ain't working out and yet you stay for what in the hopes that things get better? Seems like you've already made up your mind that they won't. Also you're not alone you already have 2 other willing and waiting for you to come back to them and if you aren't sure why you broke up with them then I see no reason for you not to give them a second chance and make them more than just a fling. Also waiting around for the right one isn't good because there never is the right one. There is always something that you'll wish they did differently or something you hope they'd change. All you can really hope for is that you'll find someone you love so much and that make you feel so special that their faults don't seem as bad as the thought of not being with them.
  • foussifoussi Posts: 642 Member
    WissaWolf wrote: »
    @luthienrising
    The boost thing is silly and for lazy gamers.. You might as well cheat. It won't make a difference. Seriously, 3x slower need decay? As if it didn't already decay slow enough on this game.. I wish they would come out with more games, like eps. They need to give the stuff packs a rest. Maybe people who don't think the game is easy enough, can just download mods to "enhance" that. Cheats are easy to memorize and take only a few minutes out of your day to look up.. It's not exactly like you have to avoid it at all costs.. I don't study the game guides.. I never bought any of them myself. I usually learned by googling it or using the help command in the cheat window. I don't mind the updates in game, especially the ones that add new features. (Considering how lacking the base game is, we honestly deserve it..) I just think adding new eps is more important.. and maybe focus less on stuff like events.. They're fun too, but not all should be designed just to make an easier game. The ones that involve holidays or something are neat. Honestly, I think updates are nice, but they don't have to focus mostly on one thing or the other.. They can find a balance.. I think adding a update is a quick way to get the simmers to shut up about lack of content or boredom between each game, but it shouldn't be main priority. I would rather have long term content I pay for than events that last a few days or weeks..
    I agree with the OP.

So you say the boost event is for lazy players.
    REALLY
    You know that some people want to reach something fast like challenges.
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Call me lazy or whatever you want, but I am participating in "Boost Week"

I usually don't participate in those things, thats the good thing about them....they are optional ;)
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited November 2016
    orkhid22 wrote: »
    At least compare apples to apples rather than apples to oranges.
    What do you mean by that? When others say this new approach is equaling the old?

edit: concerning that, do ten bars of chocolate equal three good meals?
    5JZ57S6.png
    edited November 2016

I usually don't participate in those things, thats the good thing about them....they are optional ;)
    They're optional, but when ignoring them means having nothing, then that's not a welcome solution.
    5JZ57S6.png
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

They're optional, but when ignoring them means having nothing, then that's not a welcome solution.

I dont view it as having nothing though. I also am not looking for a solution. I play the game because I like it!
    edited November 2016

I dont view it as having nothing though. I also am not looking for a solution. I play the game because I like it!
    Yes, it's clear there are people who like it and they don't have a problem obviously. This topic was started by someone who doesn't though, and I think there are more people (eta: I mean 'other' people here, sorry, bad English) who don't. And for them ignoring the boosts isn't a solution, because there hardly is an alternative. When they in fact replace EP's that is.
    Post edited by JoAnne65 on
    5JZ57S6.png
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,832 Member
    VentusMatt wrote: »

Sounds to me like you just need to take the plunge and dump them. You know it ain't working out and yet you stay for what in the hopes that things get better? Seems like you've already made up your mind that they won't. Also you're not alone you already have 2 other willing and waiting for you to come back to them and if you aren't sure why you broke up with them then I see no reason for you not to give them a second chance and make them more than just a fling. Also waiting around for the right one isn't good because there never is the right one. There is always something that you'll wish they did differently or something you hope they'd change. All you can really hope for is that you'll find someone you love so much and that make you feel so special that their faults don't seem as bad as the thought of not being with them.

Excellent. This is exactly the way I feel. I acknowledge Sims 4 has shortcomings but couldn't imagine giving it up.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,832 Member

Count me in! :smile:
  • mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    foussi wrote: »
    So you say the boost event is for lazy players.
    REALLY
    You know that some people want to reach something fast like challenges.

how can you tell yourself that you're still doing a challenge when you're using a boost to complete it? Aren't challenges about, you know, challenging yourself?

Yes, it's clear there are people who like it and they don't have a problem obviously. This topic was started by someone who doesn't though, and I think there are more people who don't. And for them ignoring the boosts isn't a solution, because there hardly is an alternative. When they in fact replace EP's that is.

Yes, its clear some people like the game, and some don't. I couldn't even guess how many do, and how many don't, like the game.

I try to steer clear of really negative threads, but I didn't think this was one of those. I was expressing my opinion, so I am chalking it up to my headache, LOL.

• pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member

Yes, it's clear there are people who like it and they don't have a problem obviously. This topic was started by someone who doesn't though, and I think there are more people who don't. And for them ignoring the boosts isn't a solution, because there hardly is an alternative. When they in fact replace EP's that is.
    Hey i like the game and that boost last time helped my sims complete their jobs. So not everyone here hates the boosts.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641