Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Various City Living Bugs

Comments

• simjudiesimjudie Posts: 3 New Member
    I am also having some issues with Sims4 City Living:
    It must be said that there are much to less sims rambling around on public areas such as squares, so they look very lonesome now.
    Another problem is that there are sims who just come barging into appartments uninvited. (eventhough my gamesettings tell not to fill empty houses.)
    This must be a bug certainly, because after a little research I found out that a lot of people are having the same issues.
    I am trusting on EA to fix these issues soon.
  • EnvieeeEnvieee Posts: 2 New Member
    The most annoying bug I'm having now is that in one of the appartments my Sim is stuck behind the elevator. Can't place doors there, can't move her around. She's just in an unmoddifiable room with no way out. So I stopped playing for now.

Some other bugs I encountered:
    - When my one roommate goes to work, the other went to the town. As soon as she went, the other one came back form work.
    - Sims sometimes come home with only 1hour worth of pay.
    - At a (food) festival, Sims can't eat the food, keep dropping it on the floor.
    - Time forwarding leads to unexplainable timelaps.
  • EnvieeeEnvieee Posts: 2 New Member
    Almost forgot the
    - Didn't get the money bonus when promoted.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,584 Member
    simjudie wrote: »
    I am also having some issues with Sims4 City Living:
    It must be said that there are much to less sims rambling around on public areas such as squares, so they look very lonesome now.
    Another problem is that there are sims who just come barging into appartments uninvited. (eventhough my gamesettings tell not to fill empty houses.)
    This must be a bug certainly, because after a little research I found out that a lot of people are having the same issues.
    I am trusting on EA to fix these issues soon.

Hello
    Other simmers are also experiencing sims coming into their homes.
    Try locking the doors and see if that helps the issue.

When you give an apartment key to another sim though, they can come in anytime,

The game setting to fill empty homes doesn't refer to sims entering homes uninvited though. It means that household will or won't move into and live in vacant lots in the world,
    edited November 2016
    Envieee wrote: »
    The most annoying bug I'm having now is that in one of the appartments my Sim is stuck behind the elevator. Can't place doors there, can't move her around. She's just in an unmoddifiable room with no way out. So I stopped playing for now.

Some other bugs I encountered:
    - When my one roommate goes to work, the other went to the town. As soon as she went, the other one came back form work.
    - Sims sometimes come home with only 1hour worth of pay.
    - At a (food) festival, Sims can't eat the food, keep dropping it on the floor.
    - Time forwarding leads to unexplainable timelaps.

Hello
    With your issue with the stuck sim, try using the cheat
    resetSim firstname secondname
    and see if that helps the issue.
    If the issue remains, try rolling back your save game file to an earlier version. These links explain how to do that.
    https://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-restore-a-previous-saved-game-in-the-sims-4/
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783120/how-to-roll-back-your-save/p1

If you still have issues, try going to manage households and move her from her home to another home. Then move her back to the original home and see if that helps.

With your other issues, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder

If the issue with the food continues, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the cause of the problem.

• ANNAPTXANNAPTX Posts: 3,742 Member
    morg1291 wrote: »
    I'm having issues as well where the sims come home from work/school right away.

I have this one as well..My sims go to work, work for one hour, come home..the kids seem to go to school ok though.
  • haroldsaxonharoldsaxon Posts: 14 New Member
    it's full of bugs, not worth your money this ep. In my game, the half of the festivals don't show up (i've been playing for weeks now in sims time). The only thing those (payed) goons from the forum are telling us is to remove mods, tray files etc. I've been doing that for 2 days now and still it is a mess. EA needs to get his *hit together before they ship this useless work out, it's frustrating!
    ANNAPTX wrote: »
    morg1291 wrote: »
    I'm having issues as well where the sims come home from work/school right away.

I have this one as well..My sims go to work, work for one hour, come home..the kids seem to go to school ok though.

Hello
    Are you going to build/buy mode after your sim goes to work? Doing this has caused the issue for some simmers.

If that is not what is the cause of the issue in your game, and if you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if the issue is still occurring.

If the issue remains, try having your sim quit his job then rejoin the career and see if that helps.
  • N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    @rosemow, the relationship bug is just affecting sims living in the same apartment correct? Is everything working with The relationships between single sim households and others and sims living in houses in other neighborhoods?
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
    treece01 wrote: »
    @rosemow, the relationship bug is just affecting sims living in the same apartment correct? Is everything working with The relationships between single sim households and others and sims living in houses in other neighborhoods?

Hello
    The issue that simmers have been having since the release of City Living is with sims who are living together in apartments.
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello
    The issue that simmers have been having since the release of City Living is with sims who are living together in apartments.

Thanks @rosemow, that's what I thought. Just wanted to make sure.
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello

Thanks @rosemow, that's what I thought. Just wanted to make sure.

You're welcome :)
  • SheepyCakesSheepyCakes Posts: 27 Member
    The random lag and freezing are getting worse for me. I have no mods or CC, all my stuff is updated, I've done a repair on the game, and m computer is way more than capable of running this game at highest settings. This didn't start happening until after the October 27th update and has gotten worse with City Living.
    The random lag and freezing are getting worse for me. I have no mods or CC, all my stuff is updated, I've done a repair on the game, and m computer is way more than capable of running this game at highest settings. This didn't start happening until after the October 27th update and has gotten worse with City Living.

Hello @SheepyCakes
    If you were previously playing the game in 64 bit mode before the recent patch , try checking to see if the game has reset your settings after the patch back to 32 bit mode instead of 64 bit mode.
    Go to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture.
    Click on “Game Properties”. Click on Advanced Launch options.
    Then there are options to either change the “When launching this Game” setting to “The Sims 4 32-bit”
    Or change the “When launching this Game” setting to “The Sims 4 64-bit”
    Try changing it back to 64 bit mode if it has been reset to 32 bit mode.

Simmers have also been finding that their tray folder ( which holds the files of the sims and households that they have in their library ) has been causing issues.
    Try moving your tray folder to the desktop , then test to see if the issues remain. Don't delete the tray folder though, because the tray folder contains all the sims and builds that you have saved to your library

• laladottyspotlalalaladottyspotlala Posts: 307 Member
    My sims relationships with her kids are down to acquaintances for no reason!??
    My sims relationships with her kids are down to acquaintances for no reason!??

Hello
    Other simmers are having issues when living in apartments. It would be good to post feedback on the issue on the AHQ EA thread that refers to the issue.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-CL-Fast-friendship-decay-when-living-in-apartment/td-p/5669915
  • 112061112061 Posts: 273 Member
    the only thing I can say, I have a lot of these bugs, brand new computer, but the game still is running so 🐸🐸🐸🐸 good, I am still so enthralled practically because my old computer just didn't play the game right...I used to get so mad because it had the basic specs for the game, but with this new computer I have none of the old crap that was happening, and the game looks so beautiful...I see so much more now with the settings all on highest and no lag, just the city living issues and who cares I just have one sim bopping around the city and he's about to marry my main sim in another neighborhood anyway...but the festivals are fun!

I just have one question..I bought the spices thinking they could be used at home but I can't find a way to cook with them? Or are they just decoration?
    112061 wrote: »
    I just have one question..I bought the spices thinking they could be used at home but I can't find a way to cook with them? Or are they just decoration?

They can be used in the new recipes that come with City Living. You can learn the recipes by eating the various dishes ( there is 27 of them) at the food stands.
    112061 wrote: »
    the only thing I can say, I have a lot of these bugs, brand new computer, but the game still is running so plum good, I am still so enthralled practically because my old computer just didn't play the game right...I used to get so mad because it had the basic specs for the game, but with this new computer I have none of the old plum that was happening, and the game looks so beautiful...I see so much more now with the settings all on highest and no lag, just the city living issues and who cares I just have one sim bopping around the city and he's about to marry my main sim in another neighborhood anyway...but the festivals are fun!

Hello
    It is great that you are enjoying simming on your new computer! I am glad that it is working better than your old computer.
    This link explains about spices
    http://simsvip.com/sims-4-city-living-guide/#Spices
  • walkingblind28walkingblind28 Posts: 1 New Member
    Just a small list of bugs I've experienced in-game so far. (City Living Specifically.)
    • Time slowing down and skipping around periodically when in hyper speed.
    • Sims continuing to sing after cancelling Practice Singing action. (Sims stop, but sound effect persists.)
    • Unable to stop Sims from spray painting because action randomly disappeared from queue. (Choosing a different action does not help.)
    • Young Sims coming home from school a few minutes after leaving.
    • Apartment neighbors complaining about noise when nothing is happening.
    • Sims defaulting to T-Pose when attempting to complain about noise to neighbors.
    • Frequency of neighbor visits for food and entertainment too high. (Almost every time one of my sims pulls out food from the fridge...)
    • Losing the ability to Go Here in own apartment. (This one really cheesed me off.)
    • Neighbors randomly barging into Sims apartments uninvited.
    • Festival apparel removes all accessories. (Not sure if this one is a bug or proper function. Had to reapply accessories in CAS.)

* Mods were not in use during gameplay.

Another issue My friend is having is that all her sims have the SAME EXACT voice. Even sims like Miko Ojo who are suppose to have the pop voice have this momma groove voice.
    Just a small list of bugs I've experienced in-game so far. (City Living Specifically.)
    • Time slowing down and skipping around periodically when in hyper speed.
    • Sims continuing to sing after cancelling Practice Singing action. (Sims stop, but sound effect persists.)
    • Unable to stop Sims from spray painting because action randomly disappeared from queue. (Choosing a different action does not help.)
    • Young Sims coming home from school a few minutes after leaving.
    • Apartment neighbors complaining about noise when nothing is happening.
    • Sims defaulting to T-Pose when attempting to complain about noise to neighbors.
    • Frequency of neighbor visits for food and entertainment too high. (Almost every time one of my sims pulls out food from the fridge...)
    • Losing the ability to Go Here in own apartment. (This one really cheesed me off.)
    • Neighbors randomly barging into Sims apartments uninvited.
    • Festival apparel removes all accessories. (Not sure if this one is a bug or proper function. Had to reapply accessories in CAS.)

* Mods were not in use during gameplay.

Another issue My friend is having is that all her sims have the SAME EXACT voice. Even sims like Miko Ojo who are suppose to have the pop voice have this momma groove voice.

Hello
    Try having your friend repair their game and see if that helps the issue. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting the sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders

If the issues remain,could you please ask your friend to video the sims, upload the video to YouTube, and then post the link to the video here,
    I moved the tray file, made sure I was running in 64 bit. I'm pretty tech savvy, so the fact that none of the methods here are working for me at all is perplexing. I've had a lot of bug issues with the festivals too. GeekCon spawned OVERTOP of the regular stands and benches in the plaza, so I couldn't access any of the GeekCon stations or participate because the items were impassable. Not even cheats would get me past this. IT was the festival I was most excited for so I was very disappointed and frustrated. Not to mention, but there were only like, two stands in total for GeekCon... This expansion just isn't what I thought it would be :(
    I moved the tray file, made sure I was running in 64 bit. I'm pretty tech savvy, so the fact that none of the methods here are working for me at all is perplexing. I've had a lot of bug issues with the festivals too. GeekCon spawned OVERTOP of the regular stands and benches in the plaza, so I couldn't access any of the GeekCon stations or participate because the items were impassable. Not even cheats would get me past this. IT was the festival I was most excited for so I was very disappointed and frustrated. Not to mention, but there were only like, two stands in total for GeekCon... This expansion just isn't what I thought it would be :(

Hello.
    Try playing in offline mode and see if that may help your issue.

I am sorry that you had the issue with the Geekcon. I hope that next time the festival is spawned, there won't be any issues.
    I already tried playing in offline mode, and it didn't help. CL just seems to be full of bugs right now. Very disappointing. I'm not sure if anyone else had this happen, but I tried to have a Dinner Party in my Penthouse apartment (in the art district) and as soon as the party started and my Sim called the guests to the meal, everyone in the room T-posed and the party "ended." The timer was still up, but all the guests left, I was awarded a bronze medal despite the party lasting not even 10 Sim minutes, my Sims said "goodbye" to everyone, and a couple guests got stuck in my apartment and I had to reset them multiple times to get them to leave. I was too afraid to have another social event while this bug was recurring.
    I already tried playing in offline mode, and it didn't help. CL just seems to be full of bugs right now. Very disappointing. I'm not sure if anyone else had this happen, but I tried to have a Dinner Party in my Penthouse apartment (in the art district) and as soon as the party started and my Sim called the guests to the meal, everyone in the room T-posed and the party "ended." The timer was still up, but all the guests left, I was awarded a bronze medal despite the party lasting not even 10 Sim minutes, my Sims said "goodbye" to everyone, and a couple guests got stuck in my apartment and I had to reset them multiple times to get them to leave. I was too afraid to have another social event while this bug was recurring.

Hello
    Other simmers are also having issues with their sims resetting when using the " call to meal" interaction, or when multiple sims are trying to grab a plate.
    It may be best to avoid using the call to meal interaction.