Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Disable Aliens

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    Unfortunately you have to rely on mods for now
    Bcus EA of course can't get their job right they made the script that disable alien abduction but too lazy to put it on the options menu
    The worse thing now is that aliens will look like human in your neighborhood
    So if my sim wants meet some nice girl and woohoo with her they will end both pregnant bcus she might be an alien -.-

This is very frustrating bcus this was my dream EP until they implemented aliens in the game this way
  • Options
    RuthAnn107RuthAnn107 Posts: 55 Member
    Is there a cheat that turns off alien abductions? I was going to get the Get to Work expansion pack, but after reading through lots of forum posts, I'm not so sure.
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    RuthAnn, you don't need a cheat for that. I just let my science sim build the parabol for all households that I play. He puts it in his inventory and go visit and place it at their houses. Then they can prevent the abductions like you see in the picture above.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    RuthAnn107 wrote: »
    Is there a cheat that turns off alien abductions? I was going to get the Get to Work expansion pack, but after reading through lots of forum posts, I'm not so sure.

Hello @RuthAnn107 There is an option on the satellite dish to prevent alien abductions.
    To get the satellite dish without having your sims join the science career, type in
    bb.showhiddenobjects
    into the cheat box.
    Then go to buid/buy mode and put "satelite " into the search box to find the item.

If you use mods, MC Command Center has an occult module that controls aliens and abductions.
    http://modthesims.info/d/551680
  • Options
    RuthAnn107RuthAnn107 Posts: 55 Member
    @rosemow Ok.
  • Options
    zap608zap608 Posts: 82 Member
    The dish that prevents abductions is not that great. I play the science careers all the time, if a sim at work 'contacts aliens with it I have found that while it is doing that for 24 hours other households can't prevent abductions. Remembering to use it every 24 hours is a major fun drian too. I use testingcheats true cheat and re-set any MALE sims that are about to be abducted if I can catch them in time. I hate the fact the men come back pregnant, if I could mod this out my game I would in a heartbeat.
    Find me; Freeasabird, The Shed @ Sims 4 Studio. Custom content for The Sims 4.
  • Options
    zap608 wrote: »
    The dish that prevents abductions is not that great. I play the science careers all the time, if a sim at work 'contacts aliens with it I have found that while it is doing that for 24 hours other households can't prevent abductions. Remembering to use it every 24 hours is a major fun drian too. I use testingcheats true cheat and re-set any MALE sims that are about to be abducted if I can catch them in time. I hate the fact the men come back pregnant, if I could mod this out my game I would in a heartbeat.

Hello @zap608 .
    MC Command Center has an occult module where you are able to control abductions.
    http://modthesims.info/d/551680

This link thread provides help for the MC Command Center Mod. If you decide to use it and you have questions about the settings, you can post about it there, and there are helpful simmers there that will help you.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/837115/need-help-with-mc-command-center-settings-ask-here
  • Options
    dafadollydafadolly Posts: 1,215 Member
    Not sure if this happens all the time but I'm pretty sure another way to tell if someone is an alien is that when they're feeling flirty or inspired or something, they will have a super slim aura around them that's the same color as the emotion. So if you see any sims like that avoid interacting with them at all. I also feel like aliens are very much immersion breaking. It seems like a toggle would be so easy to add :(
  • Options
    zap608zap608 Posts: 82 Member
    Rosemow, thank you for the link, that is a BIG mod lol. I am hoping too be able to do some minor modding myself when I get the chance to learn a bit more about the internal files. It's a shame that there is not just a toggle like dafadolly mentioned. Meanwhile I will DL the above and see how it goes, thanks again :-)
    Find me; Freeasabird, The Shed @ Sims 4 Studio. Custom content for The Sims 4.
  • Options
    zap608 wrote: »
    Rosemow, thank you for the link, that is a BIG mod lol. I am hoping too be able to do some minor modding myself when I get the chance to learn a bit more about the internal files. It's a shame that there is not just a toggle like dafadolly mentioned. Meanwhile I will DL the above and see how it goes, thanks again :-)

You're welcome :) I hope that you enjoy doing modding soon.
  • Options
    A little warning: Don't have a group gathering at your science sim's homelot or at any lot where the parabol is at. Put it in your inventory, or all the other scientists go bananas with the parabol, and all kinds of weird things happen. LOL
  • Options
    A little warning: Don't have a group gathering at your science sim's homelot or at any lot where the parabol is at. Put it in your inventory, or all the other scientists go bananas with the parabol, and all kinds of weird things happen. LOL

Hello. Thankyou for the helpful advice. :)
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

This is so true! I had a club set to play with science stuff that included that, and the Aliens just Would Not Stop generating. I love the Aliens, but that was a bit much.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    LoriewhiteLoriewhite Posts: 19 Member
    Go into your sims library Under unplayed sims you can delete the aliens there
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    "and in the real world they don't have them."

We don't know actually. There could be aliens among us. Lady Gaga could be an alien, I can be an alien...YOU CAN BE AN ALIEN!!!

I think it's very likely for there to be life on another planet other than our own, I mean, there are trillions of trillions of trillions of planets and there's the theory of multiple universes. It would be pretty sad and scary if humans were the only living things... :cold_sweat:
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    Yes, I would very much like the ability to disable Life States such as Ghosts and Aliens.

At the same time, it would be cool if we could eventually disable the Human Life State(perhaps with the addition of Supernatural?) as well as have an option to change the frequency of Alien Abductions - as many players are upset with this getting nerfed and interfering with their storytelling.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    CallielyeCallielye Posts: 5 New Member
    I wouldn't mind aliens if they ore their disguises by default or something.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited October 2016
    If you own EP02 Get Together, the game will add non-disguised aliens to the world because of the bar and Alien night.
    You MUST avoid the bars on Tuesday :p

In EP01 Get To Work, there is no alien as long as :

- your sim isn't a scientist
    - your sim doesn't visit Sixam
    - your sim doesn't contact them with the satellite dish
  • Options
    itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    There is are two other occations where you will meet undisguised aliens.
    First one being when you use satelite dish to contact aliens, and the second one being going to Sixam for a party (Both scientist related) :)
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
  • Options
    HarrisonHarrison Posts: 315 Member
    If you own EP02 Get Together, the game will add non-disguised aliens to the world because of the bar and Alien night.
    You MUST avoid the bars on Tuesday :p

In EP01 Get To Work, there is no alien as long as :

- your sim isn't a scientist
    - your sim doesn't visit Sixam
    - your sim doesn't contact them with the satellite dish

Not nessicarliy, my game genterated a townie alien, and my sim never did any of that stuff.
  • Options
    Callielye wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind aliens if they ore their disguises by default or something.

Do you know that your scientist can make them human by using his weird gun and change them?

• Options
    whyaccesswhyaccess Posts: 182 Member
    I had my sim work in the science career just to make "that" satellite in hope that I would help stop the alien abductions, What a joke! The science career itself was to lead your sim to the aliens and their world. The satellite (prevent abduction) even when it was turned on, I started having more abductions, twice in one night. It looked like 🐸🐸🐸🐸 to me, and this is supposed to be funny??? A turn on/Off switch is needed at the beginning of the game. What good is it to have the new city, if your sim cant enjoy it because they're to busy being abducted.
  • Options
    I did not say plum. If the game is going to have " PLUM" in it, then they should have a {SVU...Special Victim Unit} for the victims of plum to go. ?? It is a bad influence on our teens (Game Rating Is Teen).
  • Options
    Having a switch or toggle to turn off undesired content would definitely benefit the credibility of EA & Maxis. Might even improve game sales.