Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Error after changing lots in Granite falls

SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,950 Member
i changed several lots in Granite falls yesterday, and redid them, I added a cafe lot ( with a lot of game stuff), a restaurant with a dance floor, and changed the national park adding an outdoor theatre tents and a few things. But when I tried to go back to my family in Oasis springs (which I luckily saved before), it wouldn't let me go back in, an error came up, and I got sent back to the world map I didn't save the game, but this has happened to me twice now ( the reason I didn't save before going back to my sims in Oasis springs after refurbishing Granite falls. Does this happen to anyone else? And/or does anyone one know what causes this, so I can avoid it? I did upload each lot to my library after I changed them ( I had downloaded other's lots, (but I have no CC lots clicked in my advanced option). It shouldn't be hard to go in and replace them again, I am going to replace the lots one at a time this time and go back to the family in between to see which lot is giving me the problem, but if anyone knows what is causing this crash I would love to know... It is the only time my sims 4 game crashes. I don't use mods or CC, so that can't be the problem.
Post edited by SheriSim57 on

Comments

• SimLoverKristina101SimLoverKristina101 Posts: 5 New Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    i changed several lots in Granite falls yesterday, and redid them, I added a cafe lot ( with a lot of game stuff), a restaurant with a dance floor, and changed the national park adding an outdoor theatre tents and a few things. But when I tried to go back to my family in Oasis springs (which I luckily saved before), it wouldn't let me go back in, an error came up, and I got sent back to the world map I didn't save the game, but this has happened to me twice now ( the reason I didn't save before going back to my sims in Oasis springs after refurbishing Granite falls. Does this happen to anyone else? And/or does anyone one know what causes this, so I can avoid it? I did upload each lot to my library after I changed them ( I had downloaded other's lots, (but I have no CC lots clicked in my advanced option). It shouldn't be hard to go in and replace them again, I am going to replace the lots one at a time this time and go back to the family in between to see which lot is giving me the problem, but if anyone knows what is causing this crash I would love to know... It is the only time my sims 4 game crashes. I don't use mods or CC, so that can't be the problem.

I'm pretty sure the reason it crashed is because Granite Falls (unlike other sim towns) is only meant for vacation lots and I don't think they can be changed. Its like the game programmed it to be houses and a campground only, not for cafes and restaurants etc. I think you should just put the original plots back for it to work. Sadly I think you cant change the lots:'( If it still crashes I would contact EA and they should be able to help! Hope this helps!
  • LoriewhiteLoriewhite Posts: 19 Member
    I changed the building on the lot from a cabin to a cottage the lot was Generic now I can't change it to back to a vacation lot . I saved the original in my library but when I tried and put it back on the lot it still remains generic. Therefore strangers stay on the lot when your trying to have a family vacation. Really innoying !!!!
    Ea staff hope your reading this problem
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,567 Member
    Loriewhite wrote: »
    I changed the building on the lot from a cabin to a cottage the lot was Generic now I can't change it to back to a vacation lot . I saved the original in my library but when I tried and put it back on the lot it still remains generic. Therefore strangers stay on the lot when your trying to have a family vacation. Really innoying !!!!

Hello
    This link may help with your issue. Try doing that and see if it helps.
    It may differ though because of the issue occurring in Granite Falls
    http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2016/06/cant-change-lot-type/
    Tried this list above and it did not work any other suggestion?
    Tried this link listed above and it did not work any other suggestion?
    Tried this list above and it did not work any other suggestion?

Hello
    You may not be able to now use that particular Ganite Falls lot in that save game. I am sorry :( Try changing the lot type of another different lot to "rental" , then place your home on that lot.
    I cant use the lot as a vacation lot now so I added a cafe in the granite falls. Hope EB staff comes up with a fix. Thank you for your help !
    I cant use the lot as a vacation lot now so I added a cafe in the granite falls. Hope EB staff comes up with a fix. Thank you for your help !

You're welcome :)
    It is good that you are using the lot for a cafe .
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,387 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »

I'm pretty sure the reason it crashed is because Granite Falls (unlike other sim towns) is only meant for vacation lots and I don't think they can be changed. Its like the game programmed it to be houses and a campground only, not for cafes and restaurants etc. I think you should just put the original plots back for it to work. Sadly I think you cant change the lots:'( If it still crashes I would contact EA and they should be able to help! Hope this helps!

I put a restuarent in GF and it didn't crash. I think it's some kind of bug and hope it's fixed before City Living is Out.\\

@SimGuruArvin and @SimGuruNeel can ya'll check this out and see if it could be because of a bug?