Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help With MC Command Center? Ask *HERE*! **INACTIVE THREAD**

Comments

• egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    edited September 2016
    Pegasus143 wrote: »
    Currently, I'm spending a fair bit of time totally populating Newcrest and filling the empty houses in Willow Creek and Oasis Springs with families from the gallery. Would MC Command Centre do this for me somehow? If yes, how would I get it to do that?
    Thanks.
    MC will automatically place sims in empty houses as long as two conditions are met:
    1. The number of empty houses in all worlds combined is greater than the number of houses that you've set to leave empty
    2. When you go into build/buy on a lot with an empty house it shows as having at least 1 bedroom
    I believe that the day(s) the mod does this depends on the lifespan you're playing on but I'm not entirely sure due to the high number of houses that I've set mine to leave empty. I would highly suggest reading MC's description page for the exact details.

There's no lifespan effect on move-ins, that run is once a week regardless, during the Saturday alarm. Save your game around 1145 Friday night in case you want to go back after it's done and try again. My game seems to want to start filling houses with Newcrest, so yeah, as long as the lot SAYS it has a bed on it, you should see some action from the alarm.

I am BURIED on this site. 300+ notices (I didn't come by here yesterday, last pre-work play jag...), I haven't even looked at beyond the first page of those, found a post from this thread, and came here first. I've only got about an hour, before I need to start finding "work mode" here.

Work week, and AM school runs are mine, add construction on MIL's half of our duplex, and you'll find sleep-deprived cheerleader around, tonight. Ugh. Hope the rest of the week goes a little better than today did. It'll be okay, I just didn't get enough sleep. Happens.

EDIT: Wow, 100 pages!!!!!!!!!!! :o
    Post edited by egwarhammer on
    I get tired of editing posts. :D The only thing the age span is affecting now, AFAIK, are the pregnancy/marriage runs. And I'm trying something new here with those, too. I play on long, so I was using defaults and getting two a week, on Tuesday and Saturday (during move-ins).

I've been fiddling around, and finally hit on something I think I'm going to like. I'm on a laptop, so trying not to overtax it. The move in run is hard coded to Saturday. So, I decided to write in a Marriage alarm for Friday, and a Pregnancy alarm for Sunday. The theory is, get married, find a house, try for a baby. Live life, the rest of the week (around the other alarms).

Seems legit, but then I went fooling with my Game Time Speed settings, and I've run through the same Friday 3 times now. LOL!! When I went up from 33 to 35, it sent me backwards about 18 hours, btw. Benchmark info. ;)

Long story short, the only things left in my bin for the last attempted move in alarm, are sims I have flagged as Homeless, for whatever reason (cell criminals, superbad traits, etc). Not much happened.

And then I went to Desert Bloom and now I have 3 new 3-person families. Working as intended, Max Homeless 0 doesn't affect Roles, and for the park, these families count as roles. >.<

Details from DP: http://modthesims.info/download.php?p=5088956#post5088956
  • TurquoisePapayaTurquoisePapaya Posts: 318 Member
    Ok, thanks so much! :) So I have to add houses to all the lots anyways. Thank you!
    I hope you feel better!
    giphy.gif
    Ok, thanks so much! :) So I have to add houses to all the lots anyways. Thank you!
    I hope you feel better!

You're welcome, and thanks... and, not necessarily. LOL! There's a trick, if you don't want to add a HOUSE, you can go into build buy. Add something (anything) to the lot, to get the bed/bath windows to open up for editing. Change the Beds number to 1. You can then remove whatever item you added, if you want. Save the lot. Voila, empty lot suitable for move-in.

This can be useful in reverse, too. A house you don't want being used, you can set Beds to 0. The alarm will skip it. Someone got irritated when the mod moved someone into a house they were still working on, that's how this came up. :)

Just passing on a couple of tips.
    I hope you feel better!

You're welcome, and thanks... and, not necessarily. LOL! There's a trick, if you don't want to add a HOUSE, you can go into build buy. Add something (anything) to the lot, to get the bed/bath windows to open up for editing. Change the Beds number to 1. You can then remove whatever item you added, if you want. Save the lot. Voila, empty lot suitable for move-in.

This can be useful in reverse, too. A house you don't want being used, you can set Beds to 0. The alarm will skip it. Someone got irritated when the mod moved someone into a house they were still working on, that's how this came up. :)

Just passing on a couple of tips.

And would the moved in sims build their own houses? Because I'm starting a legacy challenge, and I want to keep it going for a loooong time (I admire the people that have, like 16 generations, or something), and want all houses to be occupied, so that it develops this sort of small-town feel:
    'oh, my great grandpa babysat your grandma!'
    'ok, cool, wanna get married?'
    'ok, but first we have to check our 14 generations of ancestors to make sure we're not, like, 5th cousins twice removed'
    'oh 🐸🐸🐸🐸, my Auntie Philbert had an illegitimate child with your Mom's second cousin'
    'but that doesn't make us related by blood!'
    'oh, right, let's get married'
    'yay!' (because, y'know, sims become soulmates in an afternoon)
    giphy.gif
    The days that the checks run, are those game days, or people days?
    giphy.gif
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,695 Member
    edited September 2016
    MeTime85 wrote: »
    It says sim name missing.

Does it look like this...?
    y3mZbGTWdGaIUpuzllNd8PZUiDqvo-B2WLNcA2wnD51yG61qHNsy6NQTF6kWuxp1hM264atikjChZN6ovGJiNELk5UACr29VhAVRxDLrVqamWH1xw825RBocFOY961hHTMFq6Fe6KE3Z7dRdBfhP6rojJKY3_-0o1d7GycL8Fhfv2U?width=334&height=64&cropmode=none

In this case the name is misspelled or a sim with this name does really not exist.

If you have a S4 installation with another language than English, characters like å, æ, ä, ö, ß (e. g. in the male Icelandic name "Aðalbjörn Æsgerðurson") could cause trouble.

Btw I love Icleand, had a great time there, especially climbing the Eyjafjallajökull. :)

Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
    ☆☆☆ Early Reminder ☆☆☆

With the release of the new expansion pack „City Living” at NOV 1st 2016, there will be for sure a huge S4 patch in the middle of October. We know from the past, that there will be new features integrated in our games and also a couple of already existing things will be changed to adapt to the new EP content.

This is the most stressful time for modders like @Deaderpool because unfortunately there is no prerelease of neither patch nor EP to adapt their mods. They have to do it literally on the fly while hundreds of fans are waiting impatiently to play the game the way they are used to and with the modifications they like. I can already foresee the first postings on patch/EP release evening in the MTS comments like “When will there be a “City Living” version of MC, because my game won’t start anymore” or “My game is constantly crashing and I don’t know why”. Yeah, but we know…

To make it easier for everybody, I would like to suggest – especially for those who uses Mods such as MC in their game – to turn off automatic updates in Origin.

This is on the one hand by all means best practice, on the other it will prevent mismatch between the game version and the mods in use. If automatic updates are deactivated, Origin will show a message, that a new update is available, but delays the installation, until it’s executed manually.

I also would like to suggest to wait with installing the new EP until @Deaderpool releases a stable MC version matching with the new content for the same reasons.

I know many players want to check out the new game options as soon as possible, but really best thing is to be patient. Better wait some days than being frustrated.

I think, that many of you are very aware of this, so please be not annoyed because I’m posting obvious things. But may be for those new in using MC in S4 this could be helpful.

Thanks for reading and my apologies to all who already know.
    Bonxie wrote: »
    ☆☆☆ Early Reminder ☆☆☆

With the release of the new expansion pack „City Living” at NOV 1st 2016, there will be for sure a huge S4 patch in the middle of October. We know from the past, that there will be new features integrated in our games and also a couple of already existing things will be changed to adapt to the new EP content.

This is the most stressful time for modders like @Deaderpool because unfortunately there is no prerelease of neither patch nor EP to adapt their mods. They have to do it literally on the fly while hundreds of fans are waiting impatiently to play the game the way they are used to and with the modifications they like. I can already foresee the first postings on patch/EP release evening in the MTS comments like “When will there be a “City Living” version of MC, because my game won’t start anymore” or “My game is constantly crashing and I don’t know why”. Yeah, but we know…

To make it easier for everybody, I would like to suggest – especially for those who uses Mods such as MC in their game – to turn off automatic updates in Origin.

This is on the one hand by all means best practice, on the other it will prevent mismatch between the game version and the mods in use. If automatic updates are deactivated, Origin will show a message, that a new update is available, but delays the installation, until it’s executed manually.

I also would like to suggest to wait with installing the new EP until @Deaderpool releases a stable MC version matching with the new content for the same reasons.

I know many players want to check out the new game options as soon as possible, but really best thing is to be patient. Better wait some days than being frustrated.

I think, that many of you are very aware of this, so please be not annoyed because I’m posting obvious things. But may be for those new in using MC in S4 this could be helpful.

@Bonxie THANKS! :)

I know one Cheerleader who won't be *really* playing till MC is updated, once the patch comes... although, with a copy of my game saved onto my desktop, I may fire it up with my old mods (or maybe just MC 2.15) in, once, just to see how big the hairball I get is. LOL! Thinking it might at least shine a light on areas that need updated FIRST, you know. (All of them, I'm sure... I could NOT be a modder. Updates would break ME, never mind my game or mods. Haha!)

Captain Obvious is a frequent visitor to this thread, via my posts... there's not a thing wrong with him (?) hitching a ride on some of yours, too. Not everybody is an old hand with MC, and even as a long-time user, I still find things to ask questions about.

I'm a big fan of keeping things simple. :)

Great post! <3
    The days that the checks run, are those game days, or people days?

Game days. The list is available on MC's Description page, under the Weekly Scheduled Alarms spoiler button, which follows the MC_Tuner section. Most things are "hard coded," but Pregnancy and Marriage have options to allow you to change those from the (aging-influenced) default settings for each.
    Actually, I have a few minutes, here's a list of the Alarms when they run... @TurquoisePapaya ;)

Weekly Scheduled Alarms for the different modules

Day of the Week

Event

Sunday
    Dresser - Set default Makeup/Remove makeup from Elders
    Cleaner - Ghosts cleanup, Item cleanup, Sync Married Names
    Pregnancy - For SHORT Lifespans, random pregnancy and marriage checks

Monday
    Population - Move elders to retirement homes
    Cleaner - Delete empty homeless households that are hidden. Sync household names.
    Pregnancy - For SHORT and NORMAL Lifespans, random pregnancy and marriage checks

Tuesday
    Cleaner - Item cleanup, Sync Married Names
    Pregnancy - For LONG Lifespans, random pregnancy and marriage checks
    Club Monitoring

Wednesday
    Cleaner - Delete empty homeless households that are hidden. Sync household names.
    Pregnancy - For SHORT and NORMAL Lifespans, random pregnancy and marriage checks

Thursday
    Cleaner - Item cleanup, Sync Married Names
    Pregnancy - For SHORT Lifespans, random pregnancy and marriage checks
    Club Monitoring

Friday
    Pregnancy - For NORMAL Lifespans, random pregnancy and marriage checks

Saturday
    Population - Move Sims into open home lots. Move-out single Sims.
    Pregnancy - For LONG and NO AGING Lifespans, random pregnancy and marriage checks
  • DeaderpoolDeaderpool Posts: 187 Member
    Bonxie wrote: »
    ☆☆☆ Early Reminder ☆☆☆

Well said, and appreciated! :)
  • Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    Pegasus143 wrote: »
    Unfortunately its not working. Idk why.
    Could you be more specific as to what exactly didn't work? Did you not get a gedcom file?

It says sim name missing.
    Most obvious thing to do would be to double-check that you're spelling the name correctly.
  • CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    I have used the pregnancy options before and I don't seem to have the option to choose the gender or how many a single sim can have.

Untitled_zpsjjid3oop.jpg

Untitled2_zps9p5qtbzj.jpg

this isn't what I remember it looking like.. looks like to me those options are for all sims.
    I have used the pregnancy options before and I don't seem to have the option to choose the gender or how many a single sim can have.

Untitled_zpsjjid3oop.jpg

Untitled2_zps9p5qtbzj.jpg

this isn't what I remember it looking like.. looks like to me those options are for all sims.

Yeah, you're looking at the computer settings options, not the sim options. Click on a sim. If you don't have any MC button on them, go to your settings again, and under Other Settings, there are two MENU buttons to enable, Show Sim Menus and Show Cheats Menus. If you enable the menus, I think you may have to restart the game.

Not sure, and I just woke up (not real coherent yet) and have work tonight, so I really don't have time to check. But I think if you turn on Show Sim Menus you'll see the "right" pregnancy options to be able to change things.
    I need to know who's playing on a Mac.

If you're on one, and you've ever edited the mc config file, what program do you use for that? Someone said TextEdit won't work. So, what will?

I'm Mac clueless, I'd love to know some basics on what works with what we need to be able to do with this mod/game. Thanks!
  • DenimjoDenimjo Posts: 213 Member
    I have a quick question I'd like to ask to see if it's been reported previously or not or if it's due to something that I've done elsewhere.

I started a brand new sim in a new household. I set up the flags for No Cull and No Age and then turned off pause. The moment I did so her aspiration (Curator) automatically jumped to 3/4 completed and only lacked one accomplishment to be marked as finished: Complete a Collection. 0_0 Has anyone ever heard of this before or do I have to do the Check Your Mods dance?
    Zl8Iuk9.jpg
  • DenimjoDenimjo Posts: 213 Member
    Edit: aw crap. I see what my "problem" was. I'm sorry, please disregard that last post. I am an idiot.
    Zl8Iuk9.jpg
  • KlueniiKluenii Posts: 90 Member
    Just responding to some of the comments I've seen regarding the ghosts and lost/missing tombstones

I have actually found a workable solution to this!! (I hope this isn't resurrecting a dead thread...)

It's something that has been bothering me since I started playing. I've got a bit of a legacy style game going and I'm into my 8th generation and obviously, a number of my elders have died without leaving tombstones. Today, I was experimenting with a duplicate save and was able to summon my ghost sims, resurrect them, and have them die again leaving me with a tombstone that I could then move into a lot that I intend to make into a graveyard where my sims can go and spend some time visiting with their ancestors (and control the amount of plumbing damage).

With MC Command and a couple of simple cheats typed into the console, if you have some patience and persistence you can recover the tombstones for any number of ghosts that you have roaming. I've copied and pasted my step by step from another post, so if some of my details are a little specific for experienced users, I apologize, but hopefully for less experienced users, they are clear enough.

I would suggest doing this using a utility/throw-away sim - I'm not sure, but likely multiple rounds of this could cause an emotional death of the sim used. I've only used small batches so far, 4 in my first run, then 2 in the run through to verify steps for posting this.

I just used an empty lot with a mail box and single sim. I kept the game paused for most of this to keep impact on my other families at a minimum
    Control+Shift+C to open console
    Type - " testingcheats on" (no quotes, you should get a message back "Cheats are enabled")
    Click on the mail box and select the MC Cheats... button
    Select Summon Sim
    Type the full name of the ghost you want to come to your lot, you should see a notification window response that SIM_NAME will be right over!
    Cancel the MC Command window and briefly unpause the game.. you should see the ghost appear on the sidewalk of your lot
    Shift Click on the Summoned Sim
    Select "add to Family" Pause again if you want to keep your timers down on other lots
    Select the ghost sim
    In the console window type without the quotes "traits.remove_trait X" (where X=cause of death, in most cases oldage, more causes are below) unpause if needed, your sim should be alive and in full living colour again! (Hit Pause again if desired)

Now this isn't a how to cheat and resurrect your sim so keep going......
    Click on your sim
    Choose MC Command Center
    Choose Sim Commands
    Choose Kill Sim
    Choose your method of Death
    Grimmie will come along, take your sim and leave you the tombstone/urn which you can collect and move to a location of your choosing.

List of Death traits

traits.remove_trait anger
    traits.remove_trait cowplant
    traits.remove_trait drown - Drowning
    traits.remove_trait electrocution - Electrocution
    traits.remove_trait embarrassment - Embarrassment
    traits.remove_trait fire - Fire This cheat may be temporarily broken due to a patch
    traits.remove_trait hunger - Hunger
    traits.remove_trait laugh - Laughter
    traits.remove_trait oldage - Old Age
    traits.remove_trait exhaust - Overexertion (Old Age)
    traits.remove_trait steam - Sauna
    edited September 2016
    I have used the pregnancy options before and I don't seem to have the option to choose the gender or how many a single sim can have. ...this isn't what I remember it looking like.. looks like to me those options are for all sims.
    Yeah, you're looking at the computer settings options, not the sim options. Click on a sim. If you don't have any MC button on them, go to your settings again, and under Other Settings, there are two MENU buttons to enable, Show Sim Menus and Show Cheats Menus. If you enable the menus, I think you may have to restart the game...

As far as I know, this is a global option, not an individual.
    @CrazyboutTheSims

Time for more on MC's Pregnancy options... first, are you seeing a MC button on your sims?

2jczzv4.jpg

If so, this is what's under the MC button in the above picture, IF you have ALL the modules added (I do):

312h6k6.jpg

The MC Pregnancy button takes you here, to the per-sim settings. (This sim is already pregnant.)

xcnb4k.jpg

And the Offspring... button is where, in a current pregnancy (Terra's having an alien-abduction baby...), you can re-roll, or manually enter, what gender(s) you want the resulting baby or babies to be.

35m4pxv.jpg

And just to round things out, here's what the menu would look like on a sim who is NOT pregnant, yet is valid for having babies:

2iibeop.jpg

Hope this helps! :)
    Kluenii wrote: »
    Just responding to some of the comments I've seen regarding the ghosts and lost/missing tombstones

I have actually found a workable solution to this!! (I hope this isn't resurrecting a dead thread...)

It's something that has been bothering me since I started playing. I've got a bit of a legacy style game going and I'm into my 8th generation and obviously, a number of my elders have died without leaving tombstones. Today, I was experimenting with a duplicate save and was able to summon my ghost sims, resurrect them, and have them die again leaving me with a tombstone that I could then move into a lot that I intend to make into a graveyard where my sims can go and spend some time visiting with their ancestors (and control the amount of plumbing damage).

With MC Command and a couple of simple cheats typed into the console, if you have some patience and persistence you can recover the tombstones for any number of ghosts that you have roaming. I've copied and pasted my step by step from another post, so if some of my details are a little specific for experienced users, I apologize, but hopefully for less experienced users, they are clear enough.

I would suggest doing this using a utility/throw-away sim - I'm not sure, but likely multiple rounds of this could cause an emotional death of the sim used. I've only used small batches so far, 4 in my first run, then 2 in the run through to verify steps for posting this.

I just used an empty lot with a mail box and single sim. I kept the game paused for most of this to keep impact on my other families at a minimum
    Control+Shift+C to open console
    Type - " testingcheats on" (no quotes, you should get a message back "Cheats are enabled")
    Click on the mail box and select the MC Cheats... button
    Select Summon Sim
    Type the full name of the ghost you want to come to your lot, you should see a notification window response that SIM_NAME will be right over!
    Cancel the MC Command window and briefly unpause the game.. you should see the ghost appear on the sidewalk of your lot
    Shift Click on the Summoned Sim
    Select "add to Family" Pause again if you want to keep your timers down on other lots
    Select the ghost sim
    In the console window type without the quotes "traits.remove_trait X" (where X=cause of death, in most cases oldage, more causes are below) unpause if needed, your sim should be alive and in full living colour again! (Hit Pause again if desired)

Now this isn't a how to cheat and resurrect your sim so keep going......
    Click on your sim
    Choose MC Command Center
    Choose Sim Commands
    Choose Kill Sim
    Choose your method of Death
    Grimmie will come along, take your sim and leave you the tombstone/urn which you can collect and move to a location of your choosing.

List of Death traits

traits.remove_trait anger
    traits.remove_trait cowplant
    traits.remove_trait drown - Drowning
    traits.remove_trait electrocution - Electrocution
    traits.remove_trait embarrassment - Embarrassment
    traits.remove_trait fire - Fire This cheat may be temporarily broken due to a patch
    traits.remove_trait hunger - Hunger
    traits.remove_trait laugh - Laughter
    traits.remove_trait oldage - Old Age
    traits.remove_trait exhaust - Overexertion (Old Age)
    traits.remove_trait steam - Sauna

We need a BRILLIANT button. This is awesome!!!! Thanks for sharing it.

I LOL'd at "dead thread" what with it being about ghosts and all... hahaha!!!

Denimjo wrote: »
    Edit: aw plum. I see what my "problem" was. I'm sorry, please disregard that last post. I am an plum.

So, now, nosy cheerleader wants to know more... what'd you do? ;)

You don't have to tell me, but, I'm intrigued... B)

Want me to PM you... or can you send those? I'm never sure what new members can/can't do, it changes sometimes.
    edited September 2016
    Time for more on MC's Pregnancy options...

OK - I understand...

These options are not available at every time. You get them only if your target sim is pregnant. If you look at a non-pregnant sim, you won't get these options and there is no possibility of something like a 'preselection'. I don't have any pregnant sim in my game atm, so that's why my MC Pregnancy menu looks different from yours.

Maybe that's what @CrazyboutTheSims wanted to point out.
  • Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    @egwarhammer New members can't send PMs :)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top