Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Toddlers?-Poll

Comments

• SummerjaseSummerjase Posts: 1,424 Member
    Summerjase wrote: »
    @Summerjase you have a good point. They do have their ups and downs, and babies are WAY to easy to take care of. And yes, you are right, it does offer change, and you can age them up straight away if it gets too hard! I really love toddlers, though, and I always waited until their birthday to age them up. I just remember having a family have a child, in TS3, and i remember the mom taking the toddler out and making friends while walking with him, and his older child sibling would play with him and really bond. It was so cute!

Ans @NikkiHatter, you are absolutely right! They will look cute!

To be honest, I'd love to see toddlers. I just miss the challenge, it added more a family experience to it. I also miss teaching them how to walk and do other things! The only thing I disliked was that if you didn't nurture the child bloody well enough, their traits got randomised.

I guess that it's good when traits get randomized. Because sometimes, you can't decide what trait you want your sim to have.

I guess it's alright in the Sims 3 since you get to choose 5 traits, but if they made the randomisation thing in the Sims 4 with only 3 trait slots, I'd probably cry.

WAIT HOLD UP. TS3 let you choose 5 traits?! Man, I'm such a noob for not knowing that.

Yea? I'm pretty sure! You're making me second guess myself :open_mouth:
    Yes, because I remember being really jealous that I got to choose 5 traits for my sims in the Sims 3 and only 3 for my Sims 4.
    giphy.gif
  • NikkiHatterNikkiHatter Posts: 24 New Member
    @Summerjase you have a good point. They do have their ups and downs, and babies are WAY to easy to take care of. And yes, you are right, it does offer change, and you can age them up straight away if it gets too hard! I really love toddlers, though, and I always waited until their birthday to age them up. I just remember having a family have a child, in TS3, and i remember the mom taking the toddler out and making friends while walking with him, and his older child sibling would play with him and really bond. It was so cute!

To be honest, I'd love to see toddlers. I just miss the challenge, it added more a family experience to it. I also miss teaching them how to walk and do other things! The only thing I disliked was that if you didn't nurture the child bloody well enough, their traits got randomised.

I guess that it's good when traits get randomized. Because sometimes, you can't decide what trait you want your sim to have.

I guess it's alright in the Sims 3 since you get to choose 5 traits, but if they made the randomisation thing in the Sims 4 with only 3 trait slots, I'd probably cry.

WAIT HOLD UP. TS3 let you choose 5 traits?! Man, I'm such a noob for not knowing that.

Yes, because I remember being really jealous that I got to choose 5 traits for my sims in the Sims 3 and only 3 for my Sims 4.

I just looked it up, it's 5 traits.

OMG I'm Jealous too!

OMG I'm Jealous too!

Oh, haha, I was afraid I was just imagining things :sweat_smile: I wish we could choose more traits to start with in the Sims 4, tbh. I'm pretty sure that the Sims 3 gives more options for traits as well.
    giphy.gif

OMG I'm Jealous too!

Oh, haha, I was afraid I was just imagining things :sweat_smile: I wish we could choose more traits to start with in the Sims 4, tbh. I'm pretty sure that the Sims 3 gives more options for traits as well.

Yeah, same. It would actually be cool because sometimes, I have trouble picking traits for my sims.

OMG I'm Jealous too!

Yeah, same. It would actually be cool because sometimes, I have trouble picking traits for my sims.

It's so stressful only being able to choose 3 traits
    giphy.gif

OMG I'm Jealous too!

It's so stressful only being able to choose 3 traits

Yeah.
  • crispcrunchgirlcrispcrunchgirl Posts: 434 Member
    edited September 2016
    I'm not going to quote all of you guys, because it would make this comment REALLY long, but I agree with all of you guys. You guys are so good with words and finding pros/cons about Toddlers! And yes, in TS3 you can have 5 traits. And @Summerjase, I would probably cry too if they randomized it with only 3 traits, but you can always go into CAS and change it :smirk:
    uWoZIHf.gif
  • CharKittyBooCharKittyBoo Posts: 569 Member
    Hmm...
    Babies, I change diapers, feed them, interact and get maybe a giggle in response.
    Toddlers, I feed them , change diapers, interact and get maybe a giggle in response, they crawl away.

Not much difference to me other than looks and sure, for that maybe but, not for added gameplay and, I'd rather see added gameplay that's fun than more have to do things our too busy sims already have to do. Now preschoolers that ask questions, climb on everything and, can go on outings with the family, begin learning to clean, draw, paint, use clay etc a young child that does not go to school sure but not a diaper wearing, cant' feed itself lifestage, we have that in a baby.

The thing about toddlers though is that you would be able to teach them how to do those things. Their skills would improve and soon they would be able to feed themselves and go to the potty on their own and talk and walk around on their own two feet. Toddlers are the big learning stage, of course babies learn a lot too, but you don't really get to see any of that when they age up straight into a 12 year old. In TS4 babies are pretty much just objects, and there's nothing all that special about one baby that makes it different from any other baby. Toddlers is where you get to see your first glimpse at their personality and shape their behavior. It's a real bummer they aren't in TS4, because I think if they were they'd be even better than they were in TS3.
    Family player we got toddlers...my life is complete 1/12/17 best. day. ever.
    7ZDKKOkt.png
    My Plum Family Tree
    @CharKittyBoo Yep! Babies are basically just plants- you feed them, play with them a bit, then leave them alone for a couple hours, the repeat. They don't wake up crying or anything. They just, sit there. And, like you said, you could get a glimpse of their personality as toddlers, and you can also see what they look like! Babies in TS4 are all the same, except for skin tone. I also love that toddlers were a bit self-reliant, but they still need their parents just the right amount! Toddlers were adorable!
    uWoZIHf.gif
  • auramarisauramaris Posts: 154 Member
    Toddlers should be added for sure. It's a whole life stage missing from the game.

Now that you guys mentioned it, i wish we had more options for traits. My sims end up getting the same couple of traits all the time. I recently added some traits through mods but there should be more in the game itself.

You're right! They do need more traits! And thanks for voting for Toddlers!
    uWoZIHf.gif
  • angierlevelangierlevel Posts: 28 New Member
    I vote yes for toddlers. I feel like a can't stick to family play without them. When the baby ages I kinda loose interest in the family. I even tried imagining the baby as a toddler and that did work lol. Sad but true
  • schattendiebschattendieb Posts: 78 Member
    I'm pro toddlers!
    I feel the game is totally lacking without them. Especially with babies only being objects. It's strange to go from "baby" directly to child and from there directly to "adult" (teens feel the same as adults, they are totally lacking too).
  • OMGiLoveIceCreamOMGiLoveIceCream Posts: 603 Member
    NONONONNONONONONNONONONONONNOO TODDLERS PLZ
  • LoriewhiteLoriewhite Posts: 19 Member
    Toddlers bring them back NOW !!!!
  • teaa5teaa5 Posts: 1,407 Member
    tooooooooooooooooooooooodddies:)))) that says it all:)
    00.jpg

Origin ID : kateteaa Twitter: MunchPumpkins
    Sims 3 wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=teaa5
    Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--
  • HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    edited September 2016
    I have never seen a more useless thread like this one before since it is determined by a logic that goes like "Do you want feature X in your game?" I mean why would anybody who gets an offering vote against it anyway? Of course, there are certain topics which are seen controversial such as open world and toddlers. But it still does not make sense.

"Hey sir, do you want a free x?" - "No." (said nobody)

Insofar: Good luck with your mission. These results are kind of meaningless, aren't they?!

Sugesstion for the next thread: Do you want music instruments - poll!
    Post edited by HalloMolli on
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• OzzieneOzziene Posts: 96 Member
    I don't really want toddlers, as i want babies to age up to a child quickly to prevent them from being neglected. Babies are static objects.
    The sims 4 scientist and the creator of "Pixile Images"
  • honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    I want Toddler's back...i want to have a baby go into toddler then in child...it's so wrong to have babies to in to child...i feel like i'm still playing TS1 sometimes because of that....but they had makin Magic....
  • ChrissieYorkChrissieYork Posts: 10 New Member
    Hi! I have very mixed opinions about the whole toddler debate. On one hand I would really like them, just for the sheer fact that it just doesn't feel very realistic for me that babies immediately age into children that could be 8-10 years old, also for family-style gameplay like legacy challenges and stuff. On the other hand I just hope that if they do bring them back that they do it in a way that people who don't play in a family style or just don't like toddlers in general won't be too inconvenienced by them. For example: I didn't really like them in TS2 just because if you didn't teach them all the skills they needed before they aged up they'd age up badly. In TS3 it didn't work like that (if I remember correctly seeing as I haven't played that since TS4 came out). I just hope that they make the toddler stage 'optional' in a sense, that if you don't want to have a toddler then you could age them up immediately without having to worry about them getting bad moodlets or traits.
  • No thanks. Toddlers are boring and a huge waste of dev time.
  • lisamtownlisamtown Posts: 206 Member
    yes toddlers 4 needs more family play..
    graphics-wallet-540882.gif
  • tee03tee03 Posts: 9 New Member
    Yes Yes I want toddlers. I've been playing sims since the very first sims 1. I have bought every single packs they made for all the sims 1,2,3, and yes so far even 4. To be completely honest there have been things in all the sim games I've loved and not liked so much, but it's all my own opinion and how I like my game play. I will even admit that I do really like 4 and if their were toddlers it would be my favorite sims out of all the sims, (my own opinion). I'm a family player and to have something so important such as toddlers missing, it makes the game not fun for me. I have played sims 4 way less then I have ever played any sims, I just can't seem to get into it. I know I keeping reading how toddlers are coming soon but I'm sad to say that if they don't come soon, my sim days are over. I can't keep putting money into a game where it seems like nothing fans are saying and wanting is being heard. I also know their are fans out their who don't like toddlers and I do believe it's a opinion on game play but for those non toddler players I'm sure you feel just as strong on something that is missing that matches your game play.
  • DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    Hmm...
    Babies, I change diapers, feed them, interact and get maybe a giggle in response.
    Toddlers, I feed them , change diapers, interact and get maybe a giggle in response, they crawl away.

Not much difference to me other than looks and sure, for that maybe but, not for added gameplay and, I'd rather see added gameplay that's fun than more have to do things our too busy sims already have to do. Now preschoolers that ask questions, climb on everything and, can go on outings with the family, begin learning to clean, draw, paint, use clay etc a young child that does not go to school sure but not a diaper wearing, cant' feed itself lifestage, we have that in a baby.

The thing about toddlers though is that you would be able to teach them how to do those things. Their skills would improve and soon they would be able to feed themselves and go to the potty on their own and talk and walk around on their own two feet. Toddlers are the big learning stage, of course babies learn a lot too, but you don't really get to see any of that when they age up straight into a 12 year old. In TS4 babies are pretty much just objects, and there's nothing all that special about one baby that makes it different from any other baby. Toddlers is where you get to see your first glimpse at their personality and shape their behavior. It's a real bummer they aren't in TS4, because I think if they were they'd be even better than they were in TS3.

That's my point, you have to spend time training them to act like anything beyond larger babies and, there already isn't enough time in a sim day to do everything the sim needs to do. Do I neglect the garden to train the toddler, skip meals to train the toddler, skip work, forget about skilling up on 2 or three skills...? Sims will die before you get everything done you want to do unless you keep doing a ton of whims to buy potions of youth, in which case, you don't have time t train a toddler because you have to do whims.

To me training a toddler is a chore, a job and, I don't want the game to be more work, green (fill needs), skill, rinse, repeat than it already is. TSO was like that and, that got very boring and very old very fast.

Life is what you make it so, make it good.