Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is the Sims 3 site down (again)?

It was fine first thing this morning. I didn't even have to log in. Then I bought something in the store, the launcher came up and it wanted me to log in and then refused to accept my email and password. Now the entire site won't come up at all. Also when I launch the game the launcher also wants me to log in but won't accept my password.

Comments

• BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,298 Member
    Yup, looks like. :rage:
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    Thanks!
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    I didn't use the Store part, but I just now downloaded some lots from the Exchange. After awhile it kept timing out or something, and I'd have to bring up the site and log in again. Very annoying! But at least I was able to download a few things. I always unpack lots with multi-installer so I didn't use the launcher for those.

But I also installed a sim household through the launcher. But yeah, obviously that was just from the Exchange so might not be related to your issues at all.
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!

Hi - this "worked" yesterday off my ipad but this morning from my PC, nope. The site is still down, error message says the website cannot display the page.

• lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    What internet browser are you using? Maybe try a different browser, clean your browser history to see if that helps... :) I'm using IE and I can get into the store, my page, the exchange and the home page.
  • james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    It is taking little longer to load on other browsers. It works for me.
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    What internet browser are you using? Maybe try a different browser, clean your browser history to see if that helps... :) I'm using IE and I can get into the store, my page, the exchange and the home page.

I am using the latest version of IE so I don't know, I'll try cleaning the browser history. When I bring up the launcher I don't get a welcome screen either, everything else comes up but not that screen.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Try clearing not just browser history but all cookies and disallow the offer to retain cookies for Favorites.
    https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    It was fine first thing this morning. I didn't even have to log in. Then I bought something in the store, the launcher came up and it wanted me to log in and then refused to accept my email and password. Now the entire site won't come up at all. Also when I launch the game the launcher also wants me to log in but won't accept my password.

I had this issue a few weeks ago. I know of @igazor suggestion so didn't try it.

I could get the site OK but had to log in through the launcher to install anything from my purchase history and it constantly rejected my login details.

After a couple of days i eventually fixed my problem by unchecking the box to keep me logged in.

After I unchecked that box the launcher no longer required me to log in every time I wanted to install something from my purchase history or the store site.
    Thanks Karritz, I just went into the site and it's working fine. Not sure why it does that. I downloaded what I had bought from the store and installed it.
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member

I am using the latest version of IE so I don't know, I'll try cleaning the browser history. When I bring up the launcher I don't get a welcome screen either, everything else comes up but not that screen.
    igazor wrote: »
    Try clearing not just browser history but all cookies and disallow the offer to retain cookies for Favorites.

You have the same problem I just had on Sunday then. Igazor's suggestion fixed it for me.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
    KevinL5275 wrote: »

You have the same problem I just had on Sunday then. Igazor's suggestion fixed it for me.

Thanks, I did as Igazor suggested and it seems to have worked. For now.

• SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I just navigated to there and accepted a friend request, no problem.

The old Sims 3 forums are, in fact, gone however so if your bookmarks took you to the site via them, you'll have to update it. My page, Exchange studio, Store, wishlist, purchase history etc. all still there, and all still working.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I went to the site on Firefox V39 and it loaded up very fast and I was able to accept a friend request there.I didn't have to log in since I was already logged in.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • killerpoetkillerpoet Posts: 238 Member
    the sims 3 site keeps having on and off Http 500 Internal Server Errors all day since 3am it comes back for half hour and then goes off again with another internal error are they going to work on the internal site error since it is not a client issue and will give the same error in any browser with any operation system?
  • ANNAPTXANNAPTX Posts: 3,742 Member
    I'm seeing the same thing as @killerpoet..never had an issue until now.
    edited September 2016
    killerpoet wrote: »
    the sims 3 site keeps having on and off Http 500 Internal Server Errors all day since 3am it comes back for half hour and then goes off again with another internal error are they going to work on the internal site error since it is not a client issue and will give the same error in any browser with any operation system?

That's what was happening to me. I did as @igazor suggested and it's been fine ever since.

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited September 2016
    Just to clarify, since I've said this on fifty thousand different threads now (oh okay, maybe a dozen then ;) ), the Launcher, the game itself, and various functions on the TS3 store site borrow Internet Explorer's resources. Even if you never use IE yourself for anything much or anything at all, even if you never engage with IE's "Favorites," the game does. And the cookies it relies upon to negotiate logins can get messed up especially after an EA server outage.

Don't worry about the browser you actually use, if it's different. Clear IE's cache and ALL cookies, and disallow the option to retain cookies for Favorites. See diagram for the options to set.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • becomingjennbecomingjenn Posts: 3,942 Member
    I will say, that on 31 Aug 2016, I heard from my DH there was a DDoS attack on the EA site, as well as the BF1 beta coming out today. There is and will be a lot of traffic during the weekend with everyone playing BF1 open beta.
  • ZarrielZarriel Posts: 475 Member

This cleared my problem too....and I've been trying all day to sign in... after following your instructions I sign in with no problem on the first try. Thanks for posting!
    Origin ID:
    coollogo_com-31276450_zps25ba3967.png