Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Day & Knight 4/29

Comments

• pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    Ooh, I like this a lot! It's not like any other story I've seen around, and I can't way to see what happens next. Knight seems like a cool dude, and I love Alex already! I'm not familiar with the challenge at all, and I don't think I'll look at the rules - I want to be surprised! :)

Yes...its a good idea not to look so you'll be surprised. But I'll give my own twists and turns to enhance it, too! So glad you like it! <3
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    edited August 2016
    Chapter 1.6

Alex

We drove up to an enormous mansion lit up by liquid lights. My stomach was tied up in so many knots, I felt like puking. What if Kyle walked in while I was taking his clothes?

Screenshot_173.jpg

Knight eyed me and asked, “Are you okay?”

I ran my fingers through my hair. “I-I’m not sure about this. I mean...can’t we just go to a pizza joint or something?”

Screenshot_174.jpg

Letting out a sigh, Knight shook his head. “Well, I’ve got reservations at this place and I hear it’s amazing. I’ve never been there. Why all the fuss over borrowing something? Is it hurting your pride?”

My face heated up. When Knight stared at me like that, alarms went off, banging on my head. Unbuckling my seat belt, I said, “No. Come on. Let’s get this over with.” If I was going to make enemies with the Richardson’s, I might as well go out with a bang.

As I entered, my mouth flew open. “Wow. I never imagined anyone could live like this.”

Knight’s deep voice laughed behind me. “If you think this is great, you should see my father’s place.”

Screenshot_177.jpg

Screenshot_178.jpg

Tapping me on the shoulder, Knight said, “Hey, Alex. My brother’s room is upstairs.”

I blinked. “Yeah...okay.”
    Screenshot_179.jpg

Flies seemed to buzz inside my stomach. This was it. I felt like I was walking upstairs to my doom.

I squinted as I entered, picturing Kyle with a huge black eye waiting for me on the bed, but just as Knight had told me, he wasn’t there.

Walking toward the huge picture on the wall, I cried, “Hey...isn’t that the same print that’s at the gym?”

Screenshot_185.jpg

“Yeah,” Knight said, coming up next to me. “She’s gorgeous, huh?” Then he smirked. “Oh but I guess you wouldn’t notice since you like men.” He laughed.

Screenshot_184.jpg

Ignoring his jab, I said, “I wonder why Kyle has this same picture.”

Shrugging, Knight answered, “It’s probably because my family owns the gym and that woman is...well...”

“Your girlfriend?” When he didn’t answer, I added, “She fits you.”

Screenshot_187.jpg

Knight chuckled. “You sound like my father. Hey, kid, the closet’s over here.”

Screenshot_186.jpg

I bumped his shoulder with mine as I went past.

“What’s that for?” he asked, rubbing it.

“That’s what you’ll get every time you call me a kid.”
    Sliding the door, my mouth fell open, looking at all the suit jackets and vests and pants in an array of colors.

“Pick out something good, Alex. I don’t want to waste any more time.”

Screenshot_189.jpg

I found a suit in my favorite colors and quickly shrugged into it. It fit perfectly. Opening the door, I asked, “What do you think?”

“Looking good. Now let’s go.”

Screenshot_190.jpg

“Wait. I look good but you don’t.”

“Huh?”

“I’m going to start calling you Shaggy Dog if you don’t get that plum hair out of your face. You’re going to get food in it.”

Screenshot_191.jpg

Rushing over to the mirror, Knight whined, “What? You don’t like this style? I thought I did it perfectly.”

I put my hands on my hips. “Yeah, if you’re a bearded collie.”

Screenshot_193.jpg

“Okay, okay.” Rubbing in some gel, Knight slicked back his hair.

Screenshot_195.jpg

He shot me a cheesy grin. “What do you think?”

Screenshot_197.jpg

I curled my lip and patted his shoulder. “Not a good look, but I’m hungry. Let’s go.”

When we arrived at the restaurant, my mouth fell open again. “You rich guys live a hard life.”

Screenshot_198.jpg

“Hey, someone’s got to. Right? Come on!”

Screenshot_199.jpg

The hostess welcomed us as we entered. “Yes, Mr. Richardson. We have your table ready. Right this way.”

Screenshot_202.jpg

I couldn’t believe the décor of the place. I felt like I was in a winter wonderland under the sea. And Knight looked so plum good, I felt tongue-tied. Rubbing my hands on my pants, I tried to stop them from sweating. “H-Hey, this place isn’t a dump. That’s for sure.”

“So glad you approve.”

Screenshot_204.jpg

Taking out the menu, I almost choked when I saw the prices. “$150 for a salad? What is it made out of? Gold?”

Screenshot_206.jpg

“You’re not paying so what do you care?”

Screenshot_213.jpg

“Don’t you think it’s a waste of money?”

Screenshot_210.jpg

“Listen, we’re paying for the atmosphere and the exclusive chef. It’s more than food. It’s the experience.”

Not wanting to argue the point about how many starving people we could feed with that one ridiculously overpriced salad, I fiddled with my napkin.

“So...tell me, Alex, about how you got started in mixed martial arts. I’ve always admired guys who did that. Watching it on tv, it’s a beat down for both men. Why isn’t your nose all shredded? You’ve had to have broken it hundreds of times.”

Shaking my head, I explained, “I’ve never lost, so I’ve never broken my nose. I mainly get my opponent to the ground and force a tap out. Boxing really isn’t my thing.”

Screenshot_212.jpg

“You could have fooled me with what I saw in the gym.”

I lifted the side of my mouth. “You didn’t see much.”

“I’d like to see more.”

When he said that, my face heated up as my heart pounded. I couldn’t say anything.

“Could I watch you train sometime? Maybe see you take someone down?”

My eyes twitched. “Um...well, I have my bout in a month. Why don’t you come to that? Watching me train would make me...”

Screenshot_216.jpg

“Nervous?” His deep voice rang.

Screenshot_218.jpg

I let out a breath. I had no idea I was holding it. “Um...yeah.”

Screenshot_219.jpg

During dinner, we learned about each other. Knight is the heir to a ten generation legacy and his father is really his uncle but since his real father died when he was only ten, his uncle took on the role. His mother wasn’t in the picture. Not sure what happened to her. I didn’t ask. I didn’t want to open old wounds inside myself about my own mother.

His life sounded familiar.

I told him about how Bri and I had to scrape by once my father passed. I didn’t tell him my dreams. He was so passionate about my MMA that I couldn’t let on I wanted to do something else.

Screenshot_214.jpg

After we’d finished, I didn’t want the night to end because to be honest, I couldn’t see us hanging out. It would be too uncomfortable for me and besides, we were from two different worlds. No. Make that two different planets.

I got up and asked, “Lets get some drinks at the bar. I’m not in the mood to go home yet.”

He chuckled. “Okay. Sounds great.”

Screenshot_220.jpg

Knight

The more I got to know the kid, the more I admired him. He seemed to be the exact opposite of me. Even though our lives seemed very similar, he went through way more than I did. First of all, I hated my real father. I never even had a moment of grief when he died. I loved my uncle more and was relieved when I heard the news. And my mom? I never knew her. I could never get a straight answer from anyone in my family about what had happened, but my dad was such a plumming dou*che that I wouldn’t blame her for leaving him.

Something happened to Alex with his mother. I have no idea what it was but his face went white when I asked him what happened. I guessed I was getting too nosy. He doesn’t know me after all. But there was something about Alex that made me want to open up to him. Like there was this instant connection. Something I’ve never had with anyone.

It made me uneasy.

Alex’s voice startled me. “Let’s have a dessert with wine, okay?”

Screenshot_221.jpg

After we’d finished eating the best molten lava cake with port wine, I laughed, feeling better than I’d had in...well...years. “I can’t wait to tell Kyle how you look way better in his suits than he does. I’m going to nag him to give you half his wardrobe. He never wears it.”

Alex’s face grew serious. “Hey, Knight. I’ve had a great time tonight. Thanks.”

Screenshot_222.jpg

“Sure, kid. We’ll have to do it again.”

Taking a huge breath, Alex folded his hands, not looking at me. “Um...well...I-I need to tell you something. I should have come clean with you about it right away, but I was...scared. But now, I just can’t put it off. If you get mad at me, I’ll understand and if you’ll never want to see me again, that’s cool, too. I just...”

Suddenly, my phone buzzed. It was my father. “Sorry, Alex. I’ve got to take this.” Pulling out my phone, I rose to answer it. “Yeah, Pops? What do you need?”

Thank you to the amazing @RABOOSKI for the Richardson boys' bachelor pad: COMMANDER'S DREAM
    Post edited by pammiechick on
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    I'm biting my nails here. Where does this all head? I would be scared of Kinght if I were Alex. So much money and power, such dangerous man. Didn't like the hair either. :smiley:
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    Aww man, such a cliffhanger ending! How nteresting that they both actually had a good time though!

Oh, and that restaurant looked amazing!
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    I'm biting my nails here. Where does this all head? I would be scared of Kinght if I were Alex. So much money and power, such dangerous man. Didn't like the hair either. :smiley:

Anything is possible. :D That hair...lol!
    Aww man, such a cliffhanger ending! How nteresting that they both actually had a good time though!

Oh, and that restaurant looked amazing!

I'd downloaded the restaurant hoping it would be elegant enough. My mouth dropped when I had them enter. It is the most amazing place! I had no idea we had all those decorations now! I love restaurants!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    edited August 2016
    Chapter 1.7

Alex

“With her parents dead and Enzo gone, Jewel had been scared of a lonely future. She ran her hand over her pregnant belly.

But not anymore.”

Screenshot_227.jpg

I slapped the book shut and sighed. Beryl Heffner sure knew how to write a cliffhanger. I was angry the story had ended. I needed something to occupy my mind. Get it off of Knight.

Screenshot_266.jpg

I kept thinking about how I’d almost spilled. I didn’t know if it was the drinks or our conversation or my attraction for him...I had the guts to go for it...tell him everything and then the moment was gone.

Screenshot_222-2.jpg

He got a phone call and I clammed up.

Gosh, you’re so plum, Alex. He’s going to find out and then everything will blow up in your face.

Literally.

Screenshot_267.jpg

I was so mad at myself. Why was I so weak around him? So, he found out? What was the worse thing he could do?

I went over and over in my mind the scenario of telling him, but all the places it went, I didn’t want to go. I knew I’d have to deal with it sooner or later.
    Unfortunately, I opted for later.

Screenshot_269.jpg

Knight

“I came, Pops. Ended my night early. Not happy about that. This better be important.”

My father threw a smirk. “Everything I have to say is important.” He patted the cushion next to him. “Come and sit with me, son. We need to talk.”

Screenshot_236.jpg

He stroked the bristles of his chin in thought then went on. “I am entertaining some VIP’s at the Governor’s Ball tomorrow night. There will be some clients there and I want you to attend. You’ll need a date. Chiandra is in town and...”

I almost choked. “Don’t mention her name to me. You know my view on things.”

Screenshot_233.jpg

My father’s hotheaded temper unleashed. “Your plum pride is getting in the way of our family business. You and Chiandra should never have ended. She wants to reconcile. You should give her the chance.”

Screenshot_232.jpg

I flipped my hands up. “We’re over! Don’t you get it? I’m not taking her back. And you nor any of your goons can make me. Do you want me to eventually take over? Then let me have my way on this.”

Screenshot_238.jpg

My father’s voice dipped into a low growl, “I can’t believe your arrogance. I didn’t raise you like this. If a friend asks for forgiveness, you should grant it.”

I glared. “This is my life, Pops. I will be with whomever I choose. Chiandra and I had a run at it, but I can’t trust her. I’ll never go back. I can take someone else to the event if I need a date.”

Screenshot_239.jpg

“Bah!” he spat. Bolting from his seat, he charged over to Chiandra’s picture on the wall. I still haven’t taken all of them down. No matter how horrible she was to me, she still takes my breath away when I gaze at her face. I will throw them away eventually.

My father said, “I don’t want to see any of your floozies at the gala. God knows you’ve gone through most of the women in Oasis Springs and none of them good enough to bear the name of Richardson. Wake up! Chiandra is a goddess, but you’re too plum to understand that.”

Screenshot_241.jpg

How many times have I argued with my father about this? I knew he had the best intentions for me. He loved me. But I’d grown to hate Chiandra and then that anger dissipated into numbness. I didn’t care anymore. We were finished.

My mind spiraled into who I could take to this event. I hadn’t dated in months. My father was right. I had dated every girl I’d ever checked out in Oasis Springs and none of them even held a candle to Chiandra in my eyes. I really didn’t have the stomach for it anymore. But at 28, the legacy was on my shoulders to produce an heir. I thought it was going to be Chiandra, but she messed that up.

Just then, my brother strolled into the house. He laughed. “Is the old man singing that same song again?”

I sighed. “Yeah, well, he has a hard time letting go.”

Screenshot_240.jpg

Getting up to pour a glass of whisky, I noticed my brother was wearing sunglasses. “What’s up with those? Is it too bright in here?”

“Um...all the kids wear sunglasses inside. It’s cool.”

Screenshot_242.jpg

Who was he kidding? “That’s a load of plum. Take them off. Let’s see your face.”

“You’re not the boss of me. I’m going to my room.”

Screenshot_243.jpg

By this time, my father walked up beside me. “Kyle...what is this? Remove those sunglasses at once.”

“But Pops. I’m tired. I just want to go to bed. I’ll take them off then.”

“You’ll take them off now or you can hand over your cell phone.”

“Fine.”

Screenshot_245.jpg

When he pulled them off, I almost let out a huge laugh. An enormous purple and red bruise covered Kyle’s right eye. “Geez, Kyle. That must have been some hit. I hope you laid out the other guy.”

“What happened?” my father demanded.

Screenshot_246_1.jpg

“It was this girl’s brother. When I said we were going out, he sucker punched me.”

Screenshot_250_1.jpg

“Who is this girl? I never knew you were dating,” my father asked.

“I would have told you, but we just started. Her name is Brianna Day.”

Screenshot_256_1.jpg

That name hit me like an 18-wheeler. I laughed then. “So you got punched out by Alex Day? No wonder your face looks so bad. Go easy on him, Pops. That guy is a pro mixed martial arts fighter. Looks like you picked the wrong girl to date, bro.”

“Did you punch him out for messing with you?” my father bellowed.

Kyle stuck his hands in his pockets. “Yeah. His face looks way worse than mine. Don’t worry.”

Screenshot_255.jpg

“Liar,” I said. “I went to dinner with Alex Day and his pretty face is clean.”

My father looked at Kyle and hissed, “Get out of my sight.” His voice was low and mean. Kyle was in big trouble. It was about time. Kyle got away with everything.

Screenshot_257.jpg

After Kyle ran up the stairs, my father sat down, looking like a cat who caught a mouse by its tail. “So...you know this guy who beat up your brother? Tell me about him.”

Oh, plum. I didn’t even process what ratting out Alex like that would mean. Clasping the back of my neck, I stammered, “W-Well, yeah, I mean, he’s a friend.”

Screenshot_258.jpg

“A friend. Who is a pro fighter? How old is he?”

Screenshot_259.jpg

I wasn’t about to let my father go after Alex. “Listen, he’s a good guy. If he punched out Kyle, you better believe he deserved it. Don’t mess with him.”

Screenshot_260.jpg

My father chuckled. “I don’t intend on messing with him, as you put it. I merely am interested in someone with Alex’s talents. Give me his number. I’ll have my assistant ask him to meet with me.”

“Are you serious? You want to hire Alex to be one of your goons? Not a chance. He’d never do something like that. He’s too...good. Besides. He’s not what you think. He might be able to throw a punch but he’s small. About the size of Kyle.”

Brushing the invisible lint off his coat, he said, “You have no idea what I have in mind, Knight. I merely want to meet with him. If you won’t give me his number then I’d like for you to invite him to meet with me yourself. Your choice.”

Screenshot_261.jpg

Getting up, my father added, “I’ll be going now. Please reconsider taking Chiandra to the gala. And I look forward to meeting Mr. Day.”

Fuming, I marched over to Chiandra’s picture and glared. “Not on your life, Chiandra, will I ever get back together with you.”

Screenshot_264.jpg

Gazing at her golden eyes, I got a crazy idea on how to solve my problems. I could only hope it would work.

Screenshot_263.jpg

A huge thank you to @Maladi777 for giving me the last words in the first book of LOVE & RUIN.

Artwork by Babel Sims
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    Oh boy... Can I be speechless and want to say a million words per minute at once? Is it Christmas already? 'Cause I feel like you're my Santa now. First Beryl's book and the poster, then evil pops Tony and as a bonus Kyle with black eye. Can this get any better? *shoving a chocolate bar in her mouth*
    MORE!!!!
    heffners_orig.jpg
    Lol I fell like we're in a weird time loop, how is old Tony his dad while Beryl's book just came out? *head explosion*

That ex girlfriend is pretty gorgeous, you've got to give her that. So sad that Alex got interupted before opening up though!
    edited August 2016
    Oh boy... Can I be speechless and want to say a million words per minute at once? Is it Christmas already? 'Cause I feel like you're my Santa now. First Beryl's book and the poster, then evil pops Tony and as a bonus Kyle with black eye. Can this get any better? *shoving a chocolate bar in her mouth*
    MORE!!!!

Lol! So happy you liked it!! I'm pretty obsessed with the story. And having the book out there really adds flavor. Tony is such a great character. Love how he looks.

I hope it gets better!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • dragonfire1399dragonfire1399 Posts: 151 Member
    I loved it. I keep checking every day to see if you update, and when you do, I just....*does a little happy flip*. :D Keep up the amazing writing!
    edited August 2016
    Lol I fell like we're in a weird time loop, how is old Tony his dad while Beryl's book just came out? *head explosion*

That ex girlfriend is pretty gorgeous, you've got to give her that. So sad that Alex got interupted before opening up though!

She is gorgeous...you will be seeing her in the future.

This character isn't Tony, although he looks like him. ;)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    I loved it. I keep checking every day to see if you update, and when you do, I just....*does a little happy flip*. :D Keep up the amazing writing!

Hey...welcome to my newest story!! I'm so excited you like it!! <3
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    Tony spotted ;) Now you can't hide anymore. I really look forward to see if Chiandra is really such a gorgeous model from outside and well, … inside a bit … I will see it :)

By the way did you choose the name from the film Knight and Day?
    edited August 2016
    MORE!!!!

Lol! So happy you liked it!! I'm pretty obsessed with the story. And having the book out there really adds flavor. Tony is such a great character. Love how he looks.

I hope it gets better!

It really shows that you're enjoying writing this. :)
    heffners_orig.jpg
    MORE!!!!

I hope it gets better!

It really shows that you're enjoying writing this. :)

*GRINS* Thanks!!! ;)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    What a great story! <3 I read all chapters last night and I can't wait when I'll read more :D I love how you write this story, @pammiechick, it's more like a book than the sims story. I like all characters although I'm sure here will be more characters in the future.
    What a great story! <3 I read all chapters last night and I can't wait when I'll read more :D I love how you write this story, @pammiechick, it's more like a book than the sims story. I like all characters although I'm sure here will be more characters in the future.

Thank you! That means a lot! There will be more characters. :p So happy you like it!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    Marialein wrote: »
    Tony spotted ;) Now you can't hide anymore. I really look forward to see if Chiandra is really such a gorgeous model from outside and well, … inside a bit … I will see it :)

By the way did you choose the name from the film Knight and Day?

I did not...the title was hard but came to me when I was creating the characters.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    edited August 2016
    Chapter 1.8

Knight

The next morning I went straight to Alex’s garage. Since the gala was tonight, I had no time to lose to put my plan into motion. I could only hope Alex was desperate enough for money to go for it.

Screenshot_279.jpg

“Hey, kid.” I waved then motioned toward the ATM. “Are you praying that thing gives you more money?”

Alex turned around and smiled. “Oh, hi, Knight. I didn’t hear you come in.”

Screenshot_272.jpg

I rubbed my sweaty palms on my jeans. Trying to squelch the knots in my stomach, I blundered on without stalling, “Say, Alex, I have a proposition for you. And before you say no, hear me out.”

He eyed me nervously. “Why do I get a suspicion I’m not going to like this?”

Screenshot_275.jpg

“There’s $2000 in it for you...enough to get your truck fixed if you’ll just...” my mouth went dry. How could I ask this delicately so I don’t hurt his feelings and so he won’t pry?

Screenshot_276.jpg

I stopped, not having the guts to say the rest.

Squinting at me, he asked, “If I’ll just do what?”

Screenshot_277.jpg

The words rushed out before I could bring them back, “Go with me to the Governor’s Gala tonight. I need a date.”

Screenshot_278.jpg

Shock took over his features. “What?”

Screenshot_282.jpg

Swallowing, I plastered on a smile. “Go with me. As my fake boyfriend. No questions asked, and I’ll pay you $2000.”

Screenshot_281.jpg

Alex

“You said you’d do WHAT?” my sister shrieked.

Screenshot_285.jpg

“I-It’s just for tonight. I guess he needs a cover to get away from his ex and his father. I don’t know. He didn’t tell me any more details. But he’s going to pay me $2000. How could I pass that up? I don’t want to keep borrowing his car, and we desperately need the truck. I was going to go buy a $500 beater, but this way I won’t have to.”

Screenshot_284.jpg

Brianna stomped next to me. “How dare he do that to you? Are you some escort service? No, Alex. You can’t do this!”

“It’s not a big deal. Really. And I won’t do something like this again. Just this once. You know we’re behind on the garage payment and things have been really slow around here. This will get us ahead, at least, since I know I won’t have to pay to get the truck fixed.”

Screenshot_288.jpg

“And besides,” I went on, “how is this different from what you did? You said I was your fake boyfriend.”

Screenshot_292.jpg

Turning toward me, I saw venom in Brianna’s eyes. “I am your sister. This is different. Do you like him?”

I didn’t want to answer that. Probably because I didn’t know but if I said anything right now, it would be a lie.

My silence said all to her.

Screenshot_293.jpg

We both plopped down on the bed. Mixed emotions coursed through me. I didn’t want to have this conversation. I only needed to get the night over with and get paid.

Screenshot_295.jpg

Shaking her head slowly, she said, “This is cruel. To you. What kind of man would toy with you like that?” Brianna gripped my hands. “I hate him. He’s just like all the Richardsons. They think they can buy their way around. It isn’t fair.”

Screenshot_296.jpg

I pulled my hands away and shrugged, hoping my sister could see reason. “How is this not fair? He’s giving me an opportunity tonight. I’m not going to do anything wrong. And he’s helping us out. He’s not just throwing a handout like letting me drive his car. I don’t see what the big deal is.”

Screenshot_298.jpg

Brianna’s phone jingled. She got a text. “It’s from Jerk-face.”

Kyle. That’s what she has as his name on her phone.

She laughed coldly. “He wants me to go to the gala tonight. Too bad. He didn’t offer money.”

Standing, I didn’t want to hear any more. “You’ll thank me, Bri, when I’ve saved enough to allow you to go to college next year.”

Screenshot_299.jpg

“I don’t want to go to college if you’re going to sell your soul to do it.”

Closing my eyes, I counted to ten. I didn’t want to lose it and fight with her. “Don’t forget to lock up. I’ll be home late.”

Screenshot_301.jpg

Knight

I hurried over to the yacht where the Governor’s Gala was held. Alex insisted on meeting me there rather than me picking him up like a real date. I don’t blame him. I felt bad for using him like this but having my father sniff around and offer him a job was out of the question. I knew Alex needed cash and Pop’s offer would be too sweet to pass up. Alex might have been too honorable to accept, but I didn’t want to take a chance. If my father thought I was dating him...well...he would never give him the job.

This was going to be a shock to everyone. It might even make Oasis Springs news, but I didn’t care. And if it got Chiandra off my case, all the better.

My heart sped up when I entered the dance room. There was Alex in the white suit I’d brought for him. I chuckled seeing the governor’s wife check him out. I had to admit, he looked plum good. I couldn’t understand why I had this weird attraction to him. I’d never felt this way about a guy ever before. In fact, I didn’t like guys. At all. What was wrong with me?

Screenshot_302.jpg

My best friend, Marco, was dancing next to him when I walked over and whispered, “Don’t look now, but the governor’s wife is about to pounce.”

His eyes grew two sizes. “What do I do?”

Screenshot_303.jpg

“Nothing. Let’s go meet my father. Are you ready?”

He took a deep breath and shrugged. “That’s what you’re paying me for. Right?”

I winked. He was taking this better than I thought. And why wouldn’t he? He wasn’t attracted to me so why was I acting like a junior high kid who’s having his first crush?

Leaning toward me, Alex muttered, “We’d better hurry. I think the governor’s wife might be after you.”

Screenshot_304.jpg
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • TheGeekGamezTheGeekGamez Posts: 706 Member
    Knight: "I have never felt this way about a guy before."
    Me: *chanting* You're gay, you're gay, you're gay
    How much I love this story.... Mmmmm.... <3<3<3 And do you know what I think? I think that this feeling is mutual, Knight, just open your eyes and heart ;)
    This is so fun! Looking forward to actually meeting Chiandra :)
    edited January 2017
    Chapter 1.9

Alex

A giant hand seemed to clench my stomach as we approached a man who looked a lot like Knight. Had to be his father. Even though by blood he was his uncle, it was obvious Knight’s real father probably resembled him. Waiting on Knight to do the introductions, I felt the sting of Mr. Richardson’s glare.

“Hello, Pops. This is Alex Day. Remember you said you wanted to meet him?” He wrapped my hand into his arm possessively. “He’s my date tonight. So you see, it would have been impossible for me to take Chiandra.”

Nervously, I waved. “I-It’s very nice to meet you, sir.”

Screenshot_307.jpg

Mr. Richardson hissed, “Is this a joke, Knight? I don’t think it’s very funny.”

Screenshot_308.jpg

Knight stared him down, challenging him. “I’m dead serious.”

A frazzled woman broke in. I recognized her from the prints. She was Chiandra. “What is this, Antonio? You didn’t tell me Knight is now...Knight is...”

Screenshot_311.jpg

“Gay?” Knight spit the word then wrapped his arm around my waist. Another challenge.

I flinched at his touch. Being this close to him was hard enough but at this moment, I had to keep myself from pulling back. I needed to make it believable.

Screenshot_310.jpg

Antonio Richardson’s jaw clenched, never taking his eyes off Knight. I doubted he was buying it. I had no idea why Knight wanted to do this to him but that wasn’t my problem. One thing was for sure—the sight of us was making him angry. “You think I’m stupid? You think you can come in here with some pretty boy punk and make me believe this lie?”

Turning to me, he snarled, “And I hear you punched out my son. A minor. Do you have any idea what assault of a minor can get these days? Probably a year in jail. I’ll make sure you won’t see Knight again if you don’t leave. Now.”

Plum. I knew I couldn’t hide from what I’d done to Kyle for long. Blood rushed out of my head, making me woozy. I saw my arrest, Brianna’s stricken face, and all my dreams seep out like sand in a sieve. “I-I’m sorry, sir. I didn’t know Kyle was going to punch me. It was a reaction.”

“A professional fighter knocking out a young boy is a just a reaction?” he huffed, creating a loud snorting sound. “We’ll see what a judge thinks about that.”

Screenshot_313.jpg

Knight launched at him. “Don’t you dare threaten Alex. You know as well as I do that Kyle had it coming. If you press charges against Alex, I’ll leave you and your organization, taking all my trust money with me.”

Screenshot_314.jpg

Threading my fingers in his, Knight said, “Come on, Alex. Let’s go outside. There’s too many plumholes here.”

Screenshot_317.jpg

Knight

As soon as we hit the night air, Alex bolted. I had to run so I could keep up with him. “Hey! Slow down, will you?”

“Man, that was so jacked up. I’m glad you’re paying me because I’ve never been so humiliated and scared in my entire life.”

Screenshot_320.jpg

Still chasing him like a little puppy, I said, “Listen, I’m sorry. I didn’t know it would go down that badly. I actually thought my father would laugh. I was more wanting to keep Chiandra off my scent.”

Screenshot_321.jpg

Pulling Alex’s arm, I forced him to stop. “Come on. Let’s get a drink at this bar and calm down, okay?”

“I...I don’t want a drink. I just want to go.”

I didn’t want our night to end like this. The place was so cool and quiet outside. He just needed some time to decelerate. “Let’s go up on one of the decks and talk. I don’t want to send you home now. I feel bad.”

Screenshot_319.jpg

In the low lights of the deck, we sank into the cushions. I sat a bit too close to Alex and he gave me a look. I couldn’t help myself. For a long moment all I could do was stare into his gorgeous blue eyes. I’d never seen such beautiful eyes on anyone—man or woman. “Did you know you’re pretty?” I heard myself say.

Screenshot_324.jpg

Face coloring, he laughed. “I can honestly say no one has ever told me that.”

Lurching my head back, I said, “You’re kidding me. You’ve never been called a pretty boy in your life? I mean, seriously, Alex. If you wore makeup and grew your hair out, you could pass for a girl.” Then the side of my mouth flinched. “Well, we’d have to get rid of those massive shoulders and arms and well...yeah, the rest of your body is all man, so you’d end up looking like a guy in drag but still...”

He squinted. “Are you trying to give me a compliment? It isn’t working.”

Screenshot_323.jpg

Alex glanced downward, sighing.

“What’s wrong?”

Screenshot_326.jpg

He shook his head. “Nothing...you saying that just made me think about my mom.”

Uh oh. Dangerous territory. I knew something awful had happened between them and I didn’t know if I should pull it out of him. When he didn’t say anything for a long time, I couldn’t help myself. “Why?”

Biting his lip, he finally said, “I was Mom’s project when I was little. I didn’t fit the mold she thought I should but instead of allowing me to be who I was, she’d just belittle me and tell me what a loser I was. I was weird. I didn’t act like the other kids. It got so bad, she decided she couldn't stand the sight of me. By the time I was eight, Mom announced since she hated me so much, she needed a new kid. One that wouldn’t disappoint her. Nine months later, she had Bri.”

“That sounds horrible. What did your dad say?”

Screenshot_325.jpg

“He never knew she abused me like that. She’d change whenever he was home and pay attention to me like a good mother. I knew my dad wouldn’t believe me anyway if I told him. Her act was perfect.

“But then my dad got sick when Bri was two and she left. Seems she couldn’t handle having a man she’d have to take care of. My father had terminal kidney cancer. He did well for a few years but by the time I was thirteen, I was head of the household, taking care of Bri and him. When he died, it wasn’t much of a shock to me to manage things. I’d already been doing that for five years.”

Screenshot_327.jpg

I felt like such a d*ck. Why did I always stick my foot in my mouth when I was with Alex? Of course he didn’t want to be called pretty. What guy would? He was different. More different than any other man I’d met. And his mom hated him for it. What a plumming plum that she couldn’t see what a great person he is.

I admired his strength and how he’d raised his sister and now he astonished me by telling me he’d been doing this since he was thirteen. I guessed that’s what I liked so much about him. He was better than me in so many ways.

“I-I’m sorry,” I managed to say.

He waved his hands. “No, don’t worry about it. I’m just being plum. I shouldn’t be this sensitive. I thought I was over her. I hate thinking about it.”

Screenshot_330.jpg

We needed a change of subject. Fast. Pulling him up, I said, “Let’s get out of here. Want to get a drink? I know of a cool bar that has a live band.”

Screenshot_332.jpg

“Really?” he asked. Then he sighed, glancing around then back at me. “Knight...why are you being so nice to me? I mean...I don’t get it. It seems like you...”

Screenshot_333.jpg

“Like you?” As soon as I said those words, he smiled shyly making my whole body shake. I couldn’t believe this was happening to me. Not in a million years.

“Yeah,” he whispered.

Screenshot_335.jpg

I stared into his eyes, transfixed. A part of me wanted to run away but another part wanted to wrap my arms around him. It was a war of wills I couldn’t control. I was so confused.

How could I let myself get to this place?

Screenshot_337.jpg

Slowly, one part of me moved ahead, inching closer to Alex’s face. I could smell his musky cologne, pulling me toward him.

Screenshot_339.jpg

iTvMKZ8.jpg
    Chapter 1.10

Alex

I couldn’t believe this was happening. Knight Richardson actually liked me. Me! And now...he was so close, I couldn’t resist. Slowly, he leaned into me, drawing so near. Was he going to kiss me?

Screenshot_339.jpg

From down below I heard, “Oh my God, you’ve got to be kidding.”

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw her. Chiandra. Glaring up at us.

Screenshot_343.jpg

Is that why Knight wanted to kiss me all of a sudden? To show her?

Heat peppered my face, and I drew back.

“What’s wrong?” Knight asked.

“I should have never trusted you.”

Screenshot_345.jpg

Rushing past him, I took the stairs. I had to get out of there. Bri was right. Knight was toying with me to get back at Chiandra.

Screenshot_347.jpg

Chiandra didn’t move when I walked toward her. She was the most gorgeous woman I’d ever seen. Her sparkling dress hugged her curves which blew me away. She was way prettier in person. What an id*ot I was to think Knight could even be interested in me when he’d had...her. That’s not how the world worked. “He’s all yours. I should never have come here.”

Screenshot_349.jpg

She chewed on a piece of gum. “He’s an a*ss, honey. I definitely don’t want him.”

Screenshot_350.jpg

Shaking my head, I hurried past her. Knight ran after me, trying to pull me to him. I j*erked my arm out of his grasp.

“What’d I do, Alex? What’s the matter? Is it Chiandra? I don’t care about her.”

Screenshot_351.jpg

Furious, I spat, “You crossed a line, Knight. Not cool. And you can keep your plumming money. I don’t want anything from you.”

Screenshot_352.jpg

By the time I got home, I was a mess. I didn’t even talk to Bri as I strode past her room and slammed my door. I wanted to punch something but didn’t want to put a hole in the wall. Crumpling on my bed, my mind kept replaying the great moments of the night.

Screenshot_324_1.jpg

Screenshot_334_1.jpg

Screenshot_338_1.jpg

Screenshot_337_1.jpg

“How st*upid can you be, Alex?” I whispered, tears trickling down my cheek. “A guy like Knight would never like someone like you.”

Screenshot_355.jpg

Screenshot_356.jpg

Chiandra

This was it. 325 Dusty Turf Lane. I looked up Alex Day the moment I needled it out of Antonio. Who was this man who could lure my Knight into his arms? I had to find out.

Screenshot_358.jpg

Of course, Knight was just playing around. What a plumhole. But that didn’t surprise me. Nothing Knight did surprised me anymore. Well...almost. I had to admit, seeing Knight almost kiss a guy did startle me. A little.

But maybe I could become friends with Alex. And put the moves on him? No man could resist me. Even one who bent the other way.

Screenshot_359.jpg

This should be fun.

Screenshot_361.jpg

When I entered the garage, the smell of oil and gas plus lavender spritzer permeated the room. And then I saw him. He was gorgeous. There was no denying that. 6 ft. 1 with rock hard pecs and abs, a beautiful face, blonde hair, crystal blue eyes, I almost lost my breath. He should have been a model like me. Not some grease monkey. I could change all that, though. Rock his world.

Screenshot_362.jpg

“Hello,” I said, brightly. “Remember me?”

“Uh...h-hello.” Alex waved.

He took the bait. Good boy.

Screenshot_363.jpg

He stammered, “U-um...y-you’re Chiandra. Right?”

Cute. I’d got him flustered. “Yes. Chiandra Stoltz. Nice to meet you...Alex?”

Screenshot_365.jpg

“Uh...are you here about last night? Just to let you know, our relationship isn’t real. Knight and me aren’t a thing. I was hired.”

Screenshot_368.jpg

“Hired?” Now that information did surprise me. Knight was more of a creep than I thought. “What a j*erk. Sorry Knight did that to you. You know, it was to just get back at me. We don’t have the best history. I was hoping he’d changed, but I guess not. Sorry you had to get involved. I could tell you were upset last night.”

Screenshot_367.jpg

Alex just stood there blinking at me. My charms were working on him, so I smiled. “Listen, I can’t change Knight, but I can try to make it up to you somehow. At least on my side. Want to go to lunch? My treat.”

Screenshot_369.jpg

When we arrived at my favorite restaurant, The Blue Lobster, Alex beamed. “I’ve always wanted to eat here.”

“Really? We have the same taste in food. I wonder what else we have in common.”

Screenshot_373.jpg

I sidled up to him wishing I could hold his muscular arms, but I could wait. The prize would be mine by the end of the day. I whispered, “Besides our taste in men.” I giggled at my joke, and Alex laughed nervously with me.

Screenshot_375.jpg

Turning around to face me, he asked, “Why are you doing this? Is it to get back at Knight?”

Screenshot_378.jpg

I smiled wickedly. “Do you want to get back at him?”

Screenshot_377.jpg

He put his hands in his pockets and looked up toward the mountains. Shaking his head, he waved me toward him. “Come on. I’ve got lobsters in my future. I’m glad you’re buying.”

Gosh, I loved me. I’m just way too good at this.

Once we settled into our seats, I asked, “So, Alex, have you ever thought about modeling? I could get you into the best agency. Wouldn’t be any problem.”

Screenshot_385.jpg

“Huh? Modeling? Me?”

Screenshot_386.jpg

I giggled at his naiveté. “Yes, you. Of course, you. You’re gorgeous. The camera would eat you to pieces. And you can make good money. Way better than what you’re doing now. Or do you like always having black gunk under your fingernails?”

Screenshot_387.jpg

Alex fiddled with the menu nervously, not answering my question.

Just then, the waitress came by to take our order. “Are you ready yet?”

I wrinkled my nose. “I think we need a minute.”

“Okay...hey...are you two actors on one of my soap operas? I’m sure I’ve seen you before.”

Screenshot_389.jpg

The woman leaned over and whispered, “Your boyfriend is a hottie.”

I grinned wide. “He is, isn’t he?”

When she left, Alex glanced toward her and said, “I’m tired of being referred to as someone’s boyfriend. I’m no one’s boyfriend. Got that?”

Screenshot_390.jpg

I gave Alex my look. THE look. “Oh shut up. You know you like it.”

Screenshot_392.jpg

He stared at me for a while. I wasn’t sure what was going through his mind. Maybe I’d overdone it. The rabbit was about to flee the wolf. I winced inside.

Screenshot_391.jpg

He finally said, “Then let’s make this an official date. I’ll take you to the movies after this. I’m buying.”

Screenshot_396.jpg

Trap shut. Quarry caught. And in record time. I had to stop myself from laughing out loud.

I was looking forward to our night together.

Screenshot_395.jpg
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    edited August 2016
    Scheise! Scheise! Scheise! Don't trust that girl, Alex! She will hurt you!

Thanks for the great chapters, now I'll work and think of Alex and Knight ;)
    Post edited by roseinblack69 on