Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anyone still play the Sims 2?

Comments

• JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    ginger170 wrote: »
    China wrote: »
    I was wondering if anyone still play it because I'm kinda missing my teens running away amd toddlers fighting over bottles and im thinking about installing it again. I have both Sims 3 and Sims 4 but I'm kinda not liking Sims 4 that much so I'm thinking about waiting for more expansion packs to come out before playing it again. An I just finishex playing the Sims 3 but still feel like its missing some of the Sims 2 best things.

I have on PC CD-ROM The Sims 2: Base Game
    TS2 Expansion Packs I have are:
    Open For Business
    University
    Nightlife

I've not played The Sims 2 for years and never did buy any more Expansion Packs.
    Amazon would be (in my opinion) the best place to buy the rest of the Expansion Packs,
    if I re-instated TS2.
    I'm tempted to play TS2.
    I was wondering if anyone still play it because I'm kinda missing my teens running away amd toddlers fighting over bottles and im thinking about installing it again. I have both Sims 3 and Sims 4 but I'm kinda not liking Sims 4 that much so I'm thinking about waiting for more expansion packs to come out before playing it again. An I just finishex playing the Sims 3 but still feel like its missing some of the Sims 2 best things.

Open For Business
    University
    Nightlife

I've not played The Sims 2 for years and never did buy any more Expansion Packs.
    Amazon would be (in my opinion) the best place to buy the rest of the Expansion Packs,
    if I re-instated TS2.
    I'm tempted to play TS2.

You can try to get the ultimate collection from EA for free. :) You can learn how in this thread, 1st post.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/814708/how-to-get-ts2-ultimate-collection-windows/p1

If you have a code to any of your sims 2 games, your chances of success are increased. If one rep says no, just keep trying until you get one who says yes. People are still getting it.
  • SunnyyesjamsSunnyyesjams Posts: 541 Member
    I still play it :smiley:. It has an abundance of interactions much more so than s3 and s4. I also love the attraction with the turn ons and turn offs.
    kwdT9wX.gif
  • ChinaChina Posts: 196 Member
    I still play it :smiley:. It has an abundance of interactions much more so than s3 and s4. I also love the attraction with the turn ons and turn offs.

Me too :smiley:
  • DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    edited August 2016

Open For Business
    University
    Nightlife

if I re-instated TS2.
    I'm tempted to play TS2.

you don't have to buy it, you get the whole thing free on Origin if you speak to customer service

anyway, it's probably enough of all this versus garbage
    Sims 3 section gets it allll the time
    Sims 2 section was pretty much free of it until recently

probably points to that 4 is getting so boring they're wandering into even oldie versions to stir

I hope people will stop responding to them
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    Not for now because I am busy with my sims 3 that keeps me addicted, I wish to get back as soon as I can, I miss it and I have got plans for this game.I still love it.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • BeanfootBeanfoot Posts: 602 Member
    I started playing UC again last night and I was up until 4 in the morning. I felt so much excitement, curiousity, and wonder. The graphics didn't worry me much, I just downloaded some MM CC skins and eyes to update the Sims' look a bit, but the gameplay was more than enough material to get by on. It's just all so detailed and careful, I can't believe I put off returning to TS2 for so long. I was just as excited loading the game last night as I was in 2004 when my friend showed me the second iteration of my favourite video game in her basement and astonished me with its 3D and generational update. I'm all aflutter, as cheesy as that sounds. I have so many plans for this game!
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    me in my case i said au revoir to the sims 2 a long time ago and never regreted my choice and by the way au revoir means goodbye this means i said good bye to the sims2
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • taigoesrawrtaigoesrawr Posts: 812 Member
    Yes! I just installed the UC and OMG it's amazing! It's everything I always wanted in a Sims game and honestly don't see myself going back to TS4 anytime soon.
    me in my case i said au revoir to the sims 2 a long time ago and never regreted my choice and by the way au revoir means goodbye this means i said good bye to the sims2

yet you still come in to the Sims 2 forum
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited August 2016
    I still play when I have the time to play any computer games. It's my first choice. I just haven't had time to play lately because of my job, which should quiet down a little within a few weeks. Then I plan to get in some major Sim time.
  • BeanfootBeanfoot Posts: 602 Member
    edited August 2016
    Yes! I just installed the UC and OMG it's amazing! It's everything I always wanted in a Sims game and honestly don't see myself going back to TS4 anytime soon.

I'm on day two of staying-up-all-night-to-revisit-TS2 and I'm so impressed with the level of detail in Sim interactions. My Sim's daughter grew up badly into a child and was the family underdog. When she got her first A- in school, she came rushing home with her hands waving in the air, a proud grin on her face to show her mother her report card.

I later sent the parents on a getaway vacation and had them WooHoo for the first time in a long, long time. They cuddled for hours afterwards, and the husband kissed his wife's forehead and stroked her hair, and the wife snuggled up to her husband's chest in utter euphoria.

It's harder to make friends, it's more challenging to keep your Sims alive, and the degree of humour is adult enough to keep my interested. The most toonish thing about my game at the moment is the family cat making more than the parents combined at his acting job, LOL

ETA: Bolded because now I know what I've been comparing every other Sims game to in my head and I don't think my expectations are unfair. It's not about modifying one's playstyle to become accustomed to a brand new game, it's really just that TS4 (and to many extents TS3) are empty games.

I forgot how supple the dining and vacation systems were in TS2, and how well-incorporated were the elements we got as part of EPs that we now have to buy totally separately (i.e. Dine Out, Spa Day) that don't even function half as efficiently or as smoothly (I'm looking at you Dine Out and Get to Work customer experiences).
  • MarcelinaMarcelina Posts: 167 Member
    I play it every now and then. I must say, it reminds me of the first time I played it and I was so pumped. So much nostalgia.
    tagging @SimGuruDrake and @SimStaffBethelle to come into the topic in question

that's what she wrote on a post in Sims 4 that was complaining about Sims 4

maybe we should 'tag' some gurus on her for doing it in here. It's obvious she came in here JUST to do that.
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I just went back to it after seven years, and I'm really enjoying it. I've made a family that's on their third generation. I've played Brandi Broke's family. Dustin is in college, Bleu is a child, and her youngest Jesse is a toddler. I really haven't played the other premades yet because I've been rotating my other families. I have the sims 3 and 4 also installed. The sims 3 takes a while to load (still my favorite), and the sims 4 is missing so much. I'm hoping the sims 4 will get better with time until then I'm playing the sims 2 again.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • lisamtownlisamtown Posts: 206 Member
    yes i still play it. It's my favorite out of the series!!!! :smiley:
    graphics-wallet-540882.gif
  • ANNAPTXANNAPTX Posts: 3,742 Member
    I have TS2, 3, and 4 on my computer..4 just doesn't hold my attention, and I cannot explain why. I recently started back up with 2, and I just cannot get enough! The quirkiness of 2 is so fun, plus the chance cards, and sometimes, you just don't know what is going to happen!
  • GreenondiniGreenondini Posts: 19 Member
    I start to play it again as I was soooo disappointed at the Silence over Toddlers on Sims 4. Im glad I went back to sims 2. Truth be told the Sims design,faces, clothes and personality feel really strange if you go to play them after playing sims 4. The fact that Sims 4 are so alive (I want to say pretty) and that we can create them to whatever size and shape we want, gender and personality its the only thing that makes me feel really :( to play sims 2 after sims 4. However I do like that I can change their star sign :) . My fix was cc to the roof.

Once in gameplay WOW.... I forgot how cool the interactions were. Im playing with apartments, seasons, pets, and all the other good things EP bring. I was so surprised that I got a welcome pc as a house warming present, then i had a gipsy NPC knocking at my door, selling me potions. I was able to do a whole world to my liking... I can place lots.... Terrain is adjustable.. I can have a little mountain on my backyard. I can swim in the ocean ( I have bon voyage) I adore Open for business... I have a really lovely bakery. My teenagers have pimples, my kids play paper, rock scissor. There are toddlers people, and i can create them in cas... "El Bandito" raid my garbage can, there are burglars and Im happy.... I am playing the Sims I love....
  • mikeslovemikeslove Posts: 74 Member
    Absolutely! TS4 gets boring extremely fast, so I play TS2 and TS3 on a rotating basis. But TS2 is my favorite.
    Happily Simming since 2008.
  • ANNAPTXANNAPTX Posts: 3,742 Member
    edited September 2016
    I've been really getting a kick out of 2..I have my sim married to Julien Cooke(a premade), and shortly after their wedding, Julien was stargazing, and was abducted, becoming preggers. Julien came home after the abduction and needed comfort from his wife. His wife ended up preggers, on the same day. A few days later, we have 4 infants in the house..Julien gave birth to twin boys, and his wife gave birth to twin girls..I used no mods, nor had them eat anything in particular, nor used cheats..this has never happened to me in all the years of playing sims..thank goodness they are well off financially...guess we'll be adding some rooms on to the house.. :D You just don't get surprises like this in 4.
  • BimleSimBimleSim Posts: 2,979 Member
    Sims 2 is my main sims game, and I am still as excited and captured by it as I've always been, even though it's so old now :D Even though I try to focus my time on school and drawing, I still squeeze at least 5 hours of Sims 2 playtime in during the weekend!
  • sweetface44sweetface44 Posts: 2,958 Member
    Still play the sims 2 is just gold
    Ok I don't know what game you are playing but that game isn't gold far from it. None of the sims aged the same it was a pain to go to every house and age them.

i am playing the sims 2 and to me it is gold and sims 4 is well the color of a penny.. i keep aging off for the most part in my game so i am not to worried about aging..
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Ok I don't know what game you are playing but that game isn't gold far from it. None of the sims aged the same it was a pain to go to every house and age them.

The game is well made and the details they put into it make it worth some loading screens in my opinion
    So TS2 is well put together? So TS4 isn't? Or are you just saying that you like the game because the EP were way better and had more content?

You don't need to come in here and start fights over content. It's opinions and TS2 won't be getting any more expansions or stuffs. No need to give your put downs hoping to expand it to your game play preference since it won't happen.

Is TS4 section too quiet for you that you have to bring it here? Please, let's just be Simmers in the old section. Okay, you don't like it- glad you have TS4, which is still growing, to play. Some may never get what they hope for in TS4.
    I wasn't I was just wondering why they like it so much because I can't play that game continuously for hours on end I was just wanting to know if the content in their opinion was better. :)

why are you so worried about why others like something so much?? if you like what you like then like it and worry about why you like what you like.. everyone will not like the same things, and that is ok
    Rflong7 wrote: »

The game is well made and the details they put into it make it worth some loading screens in my opinion
    So TS2 is well put together? So TS4 isn't? Or are you just saying that you like the game because the EP were way better and had more content?

You don't need to come in here and start fights over content. It's opinions and TS2 won't be getting any more expansions or stuffs. No need to give your put downs hoping to expand it to your game play preference since it won't happen.

Is TS4 section too quiet for you that you have to bring it here? Please, let's just be Simmers in the old section. Okay, you don't like it- glad you have TS4, which is still growing, to play. Some may never get what they hope for in TS4.
    I wasn't I was just wondering why they like it so much because I can't play that game continuously for hours on end I was just wanting to know if the content in their opinion was better. :)

why are you so worried about why others like something so much?? if you like what you like then like it and worry about why you like what you like.. everyone will not like the same things, and that is ok

what are you doing over in the sims 2 forums anyway you are 200 percent a sims 4 simmer right!!!
  • auramarisauramaris Posts: 154 Member
    I recently went back to sims 2 and i'm enjoying it way more than 4! I have both games installed right now and while i do feel bad for ignoring my sims 4 sims i just don't want to play it cause there's so much more to do in sims 2.
  • lisamtownlisamtown Posts: 206 Member
    edited September 2016
    Yes the aging in 2 can be a pain. But I have a mod that is a picture and all i have to do is play the sim I want to age up in seconds so the aging is not such a big deal to me. You can get it at themodsims Merola painting something like that!!! :smiley:
    graphics-wallet-540882.gif