Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anyone still play the Sims 2?

Comments

• loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    I just reinstalled the TS2 Ultimate Collection yesterday on my Windows 10 newish PC. It runs fine but the graphics are dreadful, so I'm thinking it doesn't recognise my graphics card. Will have to look into that I guess...

This helped my game recognize the graphics :)
    simsnetwork.com/simpedia/the-sims-2/editions/the-sims-2/specials/graphics-rules-maker-improve-compatibility-with

Oh wow, thanks so much, will give this a go tomorrow!! :)
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    I just reinstalled the TS2 Ultimate Collection yesterday on my Windows 10 newish PC. It runs fine but the graphics are dreadful, so I'm thinking it doesn't recognise my graphics card. Will have to look into that I guess...

This helped my game recognize the graphics :)
    simsnetwork.com/simpedia/the-sims-2/editions/the-sims-2/specials/graphics-rules-maker-improve-compatibility-with

This helps for the Sim shadows which can be enabled with it. :D
    http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=569585

Thanks!! I have this issue too, so will have a go at this - looking forward to some TS2 Simming :)
  • DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    if you have windows 10 you'll have trouble with your disks, but you can get a digital dl from origin for free, refer to the other posts in this Sims 2 section for more details.
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    no i gave up on the sims2 a longtime ago i mostly play the sims4 today
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • sweetface44sweetface44 Posts: 2,958 Member
    Still play the sims 2 is just gold
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Ok I don't know what game you are playing but that game isn't gold far from it. None of the sims aged the same it was a pain to go to every house and age them.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • ChinaChina Posts: 196 Member
    no i gave up on the sims2 a longtime ago i mostly play the sims4 today

Ooh pooh.
    Oh, yes- the emotions are so much better than TS4 and I don't even need a big color on the thumbnails to see it. :lol:
    Or Mood Boost paintings. XD

Lol right that's what I'm saying
  • ravamaileravamaile Posts: 168 Member
    I still play TS2, now doing BACC :)
    If people were not interested in what we were making we wouldn't continue what we are making. Our data shows us differently. (c) - @SimGuruDrake (LINK)
    Complexity is our enemy when building The Sims, so we look for any opportunity to keep it down. (c) - @SimGuruMax (LINK)
  • SuicidalSpidersSuicidalSpiders Posts: 1,733 Member
    I still play it! I even still play the original! I uninstalled 3 about a year before 4 came out, and haven't played 4 (only created a sim and his house for a story I'm writing, but not actually played) in about a year. The first two games are the best!
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Just started back playing again because I have reached my frustration level with Sims 4. Wow the details with Sims personality is just amazing. One sim kept playing with her hands and looking down. I realized she was shy. It is so much better watching the Sims actually reflect their personalities.
  • PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    I love the sims 2. I started playing again a few months ago since I too reached my frustration level with Ts4. My game is heavily modded now, and it's a really custom game. That's what I like the most about it. You can customize anything and there are mods and hacks for everything.

I have recently started a new project, it's something I've wanted to do for a long time but I was afraid it would be too time consuming: I'm building my own town from scratch. It's a small town somewhere in Washington. I've based it on Forks, Twin Peaks and Hawkins (Stranger Things). I want it to be a close knit community, where everyone knows each other and all businesses are run by the neighbors. It's been so much fun! This is something you can only do on Ts2.
    QDog wrote: »
    I love the sims 2. I started playing again a few months ago since I too reached my frustration level with Ts4. My game is heavily modded now, and it's a really custom game. That's what I like the most about it. You can customize anything and there are mods and hacks for everything.

I have recently started a new project, it's something I've wanted to do for a long time but I was afraid it would be too time consuming: I'm building my own town from scratch. It's a small town somewhere in Washington. I've based it on Forks, Twin Peaks and Hawkins (Stranger Things). I want it to be a close knit community, where everyone knows each other and all businesses are run by the neighbors. It's been so much fun! This is something you can only do on Ts2.

So true. But too bad I'm too lazy to build a whole town :sweat:
  • sweetface44sweetface44 Posts: 2,958 Member
    Ok I don't know what game you are playing but that game isn't gold far from it. None of the sims aged the same it was a pain to go to every house and age them.

The game is well made and the details they put into it make it worth some loading screens in my opinion
    It's taken a bit of getting used to looking at the Sims 2 sims again, after playing Sims 3 for a year. I didn't think I would need to, I used to love it so much and hold up a crucifix against 3 because of how it caused the Sims 2 site to close. I'm beginning to like them again, but they're still not quite as good as I remember them. To get my old one's I'd have to take my old PC in to repair, and I'll have to wait a while to afford that splash, Christmas coming. The gameplay however, is cool, I'm enjoying being able to have a hand in the progression of all the neighbours, and am looking forward to that any children that grow up and move out, will be played by me too, not having to watch how many sims are in the household, in case I regret not being able to play the one's that move out, like I had to with Sims 3. Everything takes so long though that way, if there's a lot of sims that have moved out that I feel the need to play in turns. I do remember it being a bit of a headache when there got to be a lot of them.
    @pepperjax1230 I agree about having to go to every house to progress the other sims, but I only go to the one's I'm involved with. When you're in the game, there is a framework of thinking where the one's you're not involved with don't matter if they're not aging. You adjust your thinking to that. Townies can be aged up however, without playing them, by choosing 3 of them on your current household's sims' birthdays, if you have the expansion Free Time. You can also take the teen townies to college to make them playable. If you truly get into a tizz about the leftovers not aging, you can always invite them over, and trap them until they starve and die, or get them to join you in the swimming pool, then get out and remove the ladder, or have a cowplant and have them die that way.
    It's taken a bit of getting used to looking at the Sims 2 sims again, after playing Sims 3 for a year. I didn't think I would need to, I used to love it so much and hold up a crucifix against 3 because of how it caused the Sims 2 site to close. I'm beginning to like them again, but they're still not quite as good as I remember them. To get my old one's I'd have to take my old PC in to repair, and I'll have to wait a while to afford that splash, Christmas coming. The gameplay however, is cool, I'm enjoying being able to have a hand in the progression of all the neighbours, and am looking forward to that any children that grow up and move out, will be played by me too, not having to watch how many sims are in the household, in case I regret not being able to play the one's that move out, like I had to with Sims 3. Everything takes so long though that way, if there's a lot of sims that have moved out that I feel the need to play in turns. I do remember it being a bit of a headache when there got to be a lot of them.
    @pepperjax1230 I agree about having to go to every house to progress the other sims, but I only go to the one's I'm involved with. When you're in the game, there is a framework of thinking where the one's you're not involved with don't matter if they're not aging. You adjust your thinking to that. Townies can be aged up however, without playing them, by choosing 3 of them on your current household's sims' birthdays, if you have the expansion Free Time. You can also take the teen townies to college to make them playable. If you truly get into a tizz about the leftovers not aging, you can always invite them over, and trap them until they starve and die, or get them to join you in the swimming pool, then get out and remove the ladder, or have a cowplant and have them die that way.
    My gameplay was I wanted everyone to be aging at the same time so I spent to much time doing the pain in the but way of aging all of them. I liked to have them all age evenly.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
    some people can't think another way

The game is well made and the details they put into it make it worth some loading screens in my opinion
    So TS2 is well put together? So TS4 isn't? Or are you just saying that you like the game because the EP were way better and had more content?
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641

So TS2 is well put together? So TS4 isn't? Or are you just saying that you like the game because the EP were way better and had more content?

You don't need to come in here and start fights over content. It's opinions and TS2 won't be getting any more expansions or stuffs. No need to give your put downs hoping to expand it to your game play preference since it won't happen.

Is TS4 section too quiet for you that you have to bring it here? Please, let's just be Simmers in the old section. Okay, you don't like it- glad you have TS4, which is still growing, to play. Some may never get what they hope for in TS4.
    I wasn't I was just wondering why they like it so much because I can't play that game continuously for hours on end I was just wanting to know if the content in their opinion was better. :)

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,585 Member

You don't need to come in here and start fights over content. It's opinions and TS2 won't be getting any more expansions or stuffs. No need to give your put downs hoping to expand it to your game play preference since it won't happen.

Is TS4 section too quiet for you that you have to bring it here? Please, let's just be Simmers in the old section. Okay, you don't like it- glad you have TS4, which is still growing, to play. Some may never get what they hope for in TS4.
    I wasn't I was just wondering why they like it so much because I can't play that game continuously for hours on end I was just wanting to know if the content in their opinion was better. :)

Oh, sorry. :)

I like the game play better. I like the business setup better. I like the way Aliens are set up better. I like emotions better.
    It's a little bit like a lass in 3 who couldn't stand snow on simmers' palm trees because it wasn't 'real' to her, but then later she said she wanted a world with 2 suns.
  • ginger170ginger170 Posts: 148 Member
    China wrote: »
    I was wondering if anyone still play it because I'm kinda missing my teens running away amd toddlers fighting over bottles and im thinking about installing it again. I have both Sims 3 and Sims 4 but I'm kinda not liking Sims 4 that much so I'm thinking about waiting for more expansion packs to come out before playing it again. An I just finishex playing the Sims 3 but still feel like its missing some of the Sims 2 best things.

I have on PC CD-ROM The Sims 2: Base Game
    TS2 Expansion Packs I have are:
    Open For Business
    University
    Nightlife

I've not played The Sims 2 for years and never did buy any more Expansion Packs.
    Amazon would be (in my opinion) the best place to buy the rest of the Expansion Packs,
    if I re-instated TS2.
    I'm tempted to play TS2.
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member

I like the game play better. The attention to detail, how all my sims act differently and have different wants and fears depending on how I made them, and how I played them. It is really the details that let me totally get emerged, and play for hours on end. :D It fits my play style perfectly.

I am not a fan of everyone not aging at the same time, but it is something I can live with because the rest of the game is awesome. :)