Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tutorial on how to hire your own sims you made, to work in your Restaurant

Comments

• TheYetiTheYeti Posts: 1 New Member
    Your sims will be ok as long as you never play them. They lose their job if you play them.

glad I saw this ^^ before trying to play my chef's household. Also I have been linking to this thread and your other one on The Sims' FB posts since they don't seem to want to tell anyone how to hire your own sims so there's a lot of mis-information going around there. Just wanted to say thanks for your hard work on this.
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    TheYeti wrote: »
    Your sims will be ok as long as you never play them. They lose their job if you play them.

glad I saw this ^^ before trying to play my chef's household. Also I have been linking to this thread and your other one on The Sims' FB posts since they don't seem to want to tell anyone how to hire your own sims so there's a lot of mis-information going around there. Just wanted to say thanks for your hard work on this.

Its a pleasure :) I am sure someone would have figured it out and share it too. I just had some freetime to make the pic tutorial. Thanks for sharing the link, very appreciated :)
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Quick question. I plan on doing this after I skill up some of my sims to a decent level. Does the game restrict what level you can hire? Or no?

Thanks!
    edited June 2016
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Quick question. I plan on doing this after I skill up some of my sims to a decent level. Does the game restrict what level you can hire? Or no?

Thanks!

No it does not. You just have to keep on promoting them. I used fully skilled sims the first time. I got a 5 star in no time. I am using unskilled sims now and its taking a bit longer.
  • WaterwomanWaterwoman Posts: 2 New Member
    O M G ! You saved my day soooo much, thank you for that awesome tutorial. Now all my dream come true!
  • freindlylolfreindlylol Posts: 358 Member
    i tried it over and over i must be stupid or am missing a step frustrated right now maybe later and ty for info
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello :)
    I have added the link to this thread on the DINE OUT Guides thread
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/888306/guides-to-sims-4-dine-out#latest

Aww thank you Rosemow <3
    Waterwoman wrote: »
    O M G ! You saved my day soooo much, thank you for that awesome tutorial. Now all my dream come true!

LOL glad I saved your day, I was extremely excited when I figured it out too, ea always only gave me elders as options and I want some young staff ;)
    i tried it over and over i must be plum or am missing a step frustrated right now maybe later and ty for info

Aww I am so sorry to hear its not working for you. The most important step is too delete the not in world sims and also too make sure your sims are not in the world as well, so they need to be evicted. Just shout out if you struggle and I will see if I can help in any way ;)
  • Audio_5urfAudio_5urf Posts: 655 Member
    edited June 2016
    So when I put my workers in a household to avoid culling and such.. I goofed and merged them with a played household (🐸🐸🐸🐸 you Johnny zest).. so they got fired...

Well, after going through the steps, they lost pretty much all the skill they had previously built up and my 5 star rating is crying..

Also, my host could only be rehired as a waiter.

One thing to deal with the bugs and issues, but a crappy staff on top of it hurts.

I gave up on music in restaurants
    Lets make The Sims 4 great again!
    -- Origin ID: Audio5urf --
    Feel free to add me, and check out my gallery shenanigans.
    Audio_5urf wrote: »
    So when I put my workers in a household to avoid culling and such.. I goofed and merged them with a played household (plum you Johnny zest).. so they got fired...

Well, after going through the steps, they lost pretty much all the skill they had previously built up and my 5 star rating is crying..

Also, my host could only be rehired as a waiter.

One thing to deal with the bugs and issues, but a plum staff on top of it hurts.

I gave up on music in restaurants

Aww I am so sorry that happened Audio_5urf ;) Its very important to never play them in anyway, that is why I always move them to an empty lot so I know its safe. I also had a piano in my first restaurant and it did not work out. I wish we could hire a pianist. I also gave up on bar's they cause simsm to get up the whole time to go and get drinks even if they ordered some, I hope they look into that as well. But otherwise the game is fun, hope you get your 5 star rating again :)
    @mcrudd
    Well, I haven't known what an empty lot was since Get Together. I have to use a build save for that stuff.

Also, got my staff back up to speed and we're shoving out 5 stars.. my staff are rock stars except for the occasional skipped table. I wonder what is causing skipped tables.. (maybe late arrivals? Or staff occasionally gets bugged, or chef station gets bugged? No idea)

Did notice a waiter standing around like a plum for a bit in the kitchen today and two serving platters never got served on the last shift.

Also, turning a profit again. I also noticed that without music, customers behave a little better.
    @mcrudd
    Well, I haven't known what an empty lot was since Get Together. I have to use a build save for that stuff.

Also, got my staff back up to speed and we're shoving out 5 stars.. my staff are rock stars except for the occasional skipped table. I wonder what is causing skipped tables.. (maybe late arrivals? Or staff occasionally gets bugged, or chef station gets bugged? No idea)

Did notice a waiter standing around like a plum for a bit in the kitchen today and two serving platters never got served on the last shift.

Also, turning a profit again. I also noticed that without music, customers behave a little better.

A new world that is empty like Newcrest would be nice. We most certainly need more lots. Awesome news that you are back to a 5 star, its hard work to get there, I am there now, still not making a big profit yet due to two new staff and training, but soon they will be all skilled up and then the money can roll on in :)
    Gah! This is not completely working for me to get the chef I want. Only a few of my sims ( not in world) show up to be hired and I've hired my waitress and host out of them but the one I want for chef is not showing up!

I've deleted every townie not in world to get him to show up but the game keeps generating new townies that show up in the chef spot. What do I do?
  • Sweet_ItalySweet_Italy Posts: 898 Member
    Gah! This is not completely working for me to get the chef I want. Only a few of my sims ( not in world) show up to be hired and I've hired my waitress and host out of them but the one I want for chef is not showing up!

I've deleted every townie not in world to get him to show up but the game keeps generating new townies that show up in the chef spot. What do I do?

I've been having this issue too, for a sim for waitress. Idk if It's a bug or what, but it's infuriating. So much so I gave up and I've moved on to another household in my rotation for a bit.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twitch: Sweet_Italy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gallery: Sweet_Italy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Check out my Showcase Thread!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Jesf8312 wrote: »

I've been having this issue too, for a sim for waitress. Idk if It's a bug or what, but it's infuriating. So much so I gave up and I've moved on to another household in my rotation for a bit.

It is infuriating! lol, the game just keeps generating new sims to fill those spots and 90% of them are elders! I go delete them and go back to try to get the guy I want and it's all new sims again.

I guess I am not going to bother managing a restaurant until they fix it so we can hire our own sims that we want.
    edited June 2016
    Only I issue I had was rehiring the host. He only showed up as a waiter.. so had to hire a fresh host.

Good news was I got my 2 chefs and 2 waiters.. I hadn't hired a 3rd waiter before trying this, so a host as a third waiter wasn't too bad. New host is his wife since I kept them together when I made the employee household
    No matter what I do I cannot get my level 10 chef to show up in any category. I'm just going to move all the other sims back in to their dorm and keep skilling them up in the various areas and then try again.

I really wanted Frank's good friend to be his chef though.

mmmm I wonder if you try and make 7 more sims with her and then delete all the townies, perhaps that will give you an option for her since there is less townies neccessary then, let me know if you come right ;)
    Jesf8312 wrote: »

So sorry to hear that, why don't you also try what I suggested to Fullspiral above ;)

It is infuriating! lol, the game just keeps generating new sims to fill those spots and 90% of them are elders! I go delete them and go back to try to get the guy I want and it's all new sims again.

I guess I am not going to bother managing a restaurant until they fix it so we can hire our own sims that we want.

I hope they see how many simmers would love to have their own workers and give us that option in a future update :)

Only I issue I had was rehiring the host. He only showed up as a waiter.. so had to hire a fresh host.

Good news was I got my 2 chefs and 2 waiters.. I hadn't hired a 3rd waiter before trying this, so a host as a third waiter wasn't too bad. New host is his wife since I kept them together when I made the employee household

I really do hope you have less problems with hiring in the future, I seem to be very lucky and getting my sims I want ;)
    No matter what I do I cannot get my level 10 chef to show up in any category. I'm just going to move all the other sims back in to their dorm and keep skilling them up in the various areas and then try again.

I really wanted Frank's good friend to be his chef though.

Not sure which sims you are going to skill up, but just remember if it is sims that are allready workers they will instantly use their jobs as soon as you load their house to play and skill them up. They will also not come up as a choice to hire if they are in the world, so once you have them ready you will need to use the manage world option to evict them before hiring
  • Mizz_TriceyMizz_Tricey Posts: 32 Member
    I like the restaurant worker family you have. Did you upload the household? I would like to download.
    edited June 2016
    I like the restaurant worker family you have. Did you upload the household? I would like to download.

I uploaded both the skilled and unskilled ones, they are named accordingly, my origin name is the same as here mcrudd.

https://www.thesims.com/gallery/browse?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=mcrudd&max=50&maxis=false
  • Mizz_TriceyMizz_Tricey Posts: 32 Member
    Thank you @mcrudd ! :smile:
    Thank you @mcrudd ! :smile:

Its a pleasure :)
    I'd also like to state that my employees were originally all random townies until I made the household.

Wasn't a big deal to edit them a bit. 2 of them are elders and well, they are very young now. Even touched up the traits
  • JazzieStayWinnin JazzieStayWinnin Posts: 13 New Member
    This did not work for me. Only 2 out of the 8 showed and when i delete the that are not in world the game just makes some more. :(
    Aha! I found out why I couldn't hire him! He was still employed in his chef career! Once I had him go quit work and then moved him back out of a lot, he was available to hire as chef. Thank goodness!

So that may be another thing to consider. They have to be unemployed in order to be hired as staff at a restaurant.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top