Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bring back expansion packs from Sims 3 to Sims 4

I think almost everyone who has played the sims 3 wish that all the expansion packs were in the game like Ambitions, Generations, Island Paradise, Into the Future, Late Night, Pets, Seasons, Showtime, Supernatural, University Life, and World Adventures every single expansion I feel like it would make the game even more fun as it is right now.

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,829 Member
    I've played them all and would prefer expansion packs from The Sims and Sims 2. Especially, Making Magic, Vacation, Bon Voyage, Free Time, and Apartment Life
  • frose6678frose6678 Posts: 58 Member
    I've never played any of the packs from sims 2 as a matter a fact I ever played sims 2 but however I feel is that having these types of packs and the ones that you've suggested would be a pretty good idea as well @simgirl1010
  • AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 711 Member
    I think it'd be fun to have expansion packs from past games but BETTER. The Sims 4 is a beautiful game and it has such amazing graphics that make me want to stay playing for hours.

If they were to bring stuff from past games, I'd love to see Apartment Life, Seasons, Pets, Late Night, Supernatural and of course, University.
    My point exactly :)@AlanSims
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    I'm sure many concepts from TS3 will return!

In the mean time, you should definitely look into getting TS2 and all of its expansions. It's a very fun experience, and I definitely consider it the pinnacle of the franchise so far.
    I've heard that TS2 had pretty cool packs as well but since I've only played S3 I prefer them to bring back some of the packs for right now @Sk8rblaze
  • Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    If there's two expansions from TS3 i'd love to return, it'd be ITF and Island Paradise. Those two were my most favorite TS3 packs, and I would love to see them again.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited June 2016
    Even though my attention was refreshed after the patch, the game still lacks something essential to me: good gameplay. And even though I fear that has a lot to do with the basic features for me (I don't like the emotion system and their talking to everything that moves and has two legs without even adressing them is a major turn off for me), any real gameplay is welcome. So far it seems to me the game is mainly focusing on how things look and that's really not enough for me. I love the new lighting, but watching the sun falling through a glass dancefloor is not enough to keep me occupied. It's beautiful, now let's start playing. I hope the restaurant package will bring what everyone desires, which means: real gameplay. Not just interactions at a dinner table to stare at. I hope they're going to really focus on challenging gameplay now, not just lighting and polished animations. And whether that's copied already done EP's or brand new ones, I don't care. I'd love them to finally give me an actual reason to play the game.
    (I realize I sound pretty negative and I apologize, I also realize it's not like this for a lot of others, but I played the game again this week and I really feel disappointed and a bit frustrated all over again by it)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • More_MooreMore_Moore Posts: 408 Member
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    If there's two expansions from TS3 i'd love to return, it'd be ITF and Island Paradise. Those two were my most favorite TS3 packs, and I would love to see them again.

THAT. TS3 was mostly a bummer for me and those two packs made a hecka difference and now I still play because of them. I'd like to see new/upgraded versions of those for TS4 please, especially ITF!!!!

From 2, they seem to be pulling many ideas from it already - but I reaaalllly liked Apartments in TS2. So that's gotta make a return or something similar. I also prefer the University from TS2 though bringing some of the elements from TS3's would be cool too. Imagine my surprise when one of my Sims enrolled only to smash a drink machine (tryina get free stuffs) and get crushed to death by it in return. XDDD Was NOT expecting it at all. I loved it.
    Simmer since day one. Owns every Expansion and extras. Even the console games. XD

Feel free to chat me (I like games/RPGs, game dev, and animu/anime)
  • ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    Having a Pets, Supernatural/Making Magic and Vacation EP in TS4 makes sense because they've been a staple since TS1, but please, no repeats. If people want to play their favorite EPs, they can play TS1, TS2 and TS3. But let's have new content that has never been in the franchise before, in the same way Island Paradise, Showtime, and Into the Future brought something completely new to The Sims.
    EiFlric.png
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    IMHO, most of the EPs from previous editions are added to the newer versions in some shape or fashion if not done outright.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • cactusjuicecactusjuice Posts: 573 Member
    edited June 2016
    Firstly I just like them to bring back the original features from Sims 3 (open worlds, visible difference in ages etc) then bring back some of the best EP from 1-3
  • Allison18Allison18 Posts: 399 Member
    Firstly I just like them to bring back the original features from Sims 3 (open worlds, visible difference in ages etc) then bring back some of the best EP from 1-3

Unfortunately I don't think the open world concept will ever return, as the game is permanently designed to be a semi-closed (mostly closed) world. In the most recent patch, I read in another thread that they did add age detail lines to adults to make them look older than young adults.
    Packs I am almost certain will return, will be pets (although I'm not sure if they will be able to manage horses due to limited/closed world space), university, and seasons.
    As for the rest, as they were in the rest of the games, are sort of a toss-up on what the theme will be. Usually some sort of supernatural pack, and city/urban living pack is added, but has been done differently in different iterations.
    ch_dadpost.gif
  • Mizz_Creative48Mizz_Creative48 Posts: 1,044 Member
    I still play sims 3 so I'm not interested in getting all of the same EPs again. I'd mainly like supernatural and seasons of they put a lot of effort into them. (More supernatural type sims and adding natural disasters) I keep wondering how supernatural would turn out with such a kid-friendly feel to the game.
  • KatnissPoshKatnissPosh Posts: 51 Member
    frose6678 wrote: »
    I think almost everyone who has played the sims 3 wish that all the expansion packs were in the game like Ambitions, Generations, Island Paradise, Into the Future, Late Night, Pets, Seasons, Showtime, Supernatural, University Life, and World Adventures every single expansion I feel like it would make the game even more fun as it is right now.

Why not do a compromise? Do "Into The Future" like "The Sims 3" and "Supernatural" like the way I want it, "University Life" and "Seasons" as well as "Island Paradise" AND do "Apartment Life" and "Vacation"? That way everyone wins. Don't forget "Pets" for those who like cats, dogs, bunnies, guinea pigs, reptiles, and as one and a separate one for those who would love farm animals and wildlife as pets like someone suggested.
  • Mizz_TriceyMizz_Tricey Posts: 32 Member
    I love Pets since I'm an animal science major anx also Adventures.
  • nervousnervous Posts: 113 Member
    Ah yes!!! I really want World Adventures, Pets, and Ambitions from TS3. I haven't played TS2 and I don't have any packs for the original Sims...
    really though...we need more musical instruments.