Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Two Children That Aren't Twins Look Exactly the Same?

Hello. :) I very rarely make threads, but I found that this was so odd that I just had to share it. I really want to know if this has ever happened to anyone else.
My sims had two daughters at two different times- they're not identical twins. And they look exactly the same. The only differences are eyebrow shape and different custom eyelashes that I gave them. (And hairstyles and clothing.)
Here's Melody, the oldest.
06_04_16_1_15_10_PM.png
And here's the youngest, Harmony.
06_04_16_1_14_58_PM.png
Their mom has black hair, darkest brown eyes, and the fifth darkest skin tone. The dad has blonde hair, blue eyes, and the third lightest skin tone.
It's so odd that the both got the exact same eye color that neither of their parents have. Is that the result of blending the eye colors or something?
Anyway, apologies if this thread is too frivolous. It just kind of annoyed me that they're just copies of each other. Like the genetics were lazy or something. It is kind of cute, though.

Comments

• ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    Their eye shape are not the same either. But beside that, its quite interesting to see none twins like that. I haven't tried it in my game, you might have hit the 1 out of 100000000000 something :open_mouth:
  • kokoro80kokoro80 Posts: 651 Member
    I think the older girl may also have a pointier chin, you will likely see more differences between them as they age.
  • orangehippogrifforangehippogriff Posts: 946 Member
    Yeah I do kind of see the eye and chin thing. It'll be interesting to see if they look more different as teens.
  • ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    kokoro80 wrote: »
    I think the older girl may also have a pointier chin, you will likely see more differences between them as they age.
    Well spotted, I see it too. Hmm now this feels like one of those "find 5 error" games XD
  • SyrioniaSyrionia Posts: 1,371 Member
    I had two boys like this
    05-23-16_9-12-52nbspPM_zpsmj7t9bv8.png

They aged up and still looked pretty much the same except hair colour
    05-28-16_8-55-59nbspAM_zpsctpay2hj.png05-28-16_8-56-02nbspAM_zpsik3mjhff.png
  • achingaching Posts: 51 Member
    I have seen it happen to real life sisters, you would swear they are identical twins except different ages.
  • orangehippogrifforangehippogriff Posts: 946 Member
    Syrionia wrote: »
    I had two boys like this
    05-23-16_9-12-52nbspPM_zpsmj7t9bv8.png

They aged up and still looked pretty much the same except hair colour
    05-28-16_8-55-59nbspAM_zpsctpay2hj.png05-28-16_8-56-02nbspAM_zpsik3mjhff.png

Oh thank you for sharing! It's interesting to know it's happened to others. I'd really like to know exactly how genetics work in this game.
  • Maylee2Maylee2 Posts: 179 Member
    Hello. :) I very rarely make threads, but I found that this was so odd that I just had to share it. I really want to know if this has ever happened to anyone else.
    My sims had two daughters at two different times- they're not identical twins. And they look exactly the same. The only differences are eyebrow shape and different custom eyelashes that I gave them. (And hairstyles and clothing.)
    06_04_16_1_15_10_PM.png
    06_04_16_1_14_58_PM.png
    Their mom has black hair, darkest brown eyes, and the fifth darkest skin tone. The dad has blonde hair, blue eyes, and the third lightest skin tone.
    It's so odd that the both got the exact same eye color that neither of their parents have. Is that the result of blending the eye colors or something?
    Anyway, apologies if this thread is too frivolous. It just kind of annoyed me that they're just copies of each other. Like the genetics were lazy or something. It is kind of cute, though.

Well I look my sister
  • Sim ShadySim Shady Posts: 297 Member
    edited June 2016
    I understand if it bothers you at all (if you wanted them to be identical, I mean) but I actually find it pretty cool that they look a little different. They're both very pretty. :smile:
    duck.jpg
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    Guess daddy has some explaining to do.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    A lot of siblings do look a like IKR but I agree that this may be a little too close for non-twins. Maybe when you age them up you'll see a bit more of a difference?
  • lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    well, i find this funny because you have two children, not twins, looking exactly the same... and most of the time, my twins Sims don't look the same at all :D
  • More_MooreMore_Moore Posts: 408 Member
    The youngest definitely has a wider/rounder chin, but I agree they look very similar!
    Simmer since day one. Owns every Expansion and extras. Even the console games. XD

Feel free to chat me (I like games/RPGs, game dev, and animu/anime)
  • Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    Yeah, iv'e seen that before. In my current main save I made a sim and used the genetics trait to make a sibling and I didn't use the twin option, just a sibling. Her sister came out as a carbon copy. Without their different outfits and hair, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    Aw, your girls are cute. :) I'm pretty sure I'm imagining things thinking maybe Melody's lower lids are higher than Harmony's, but it's probably the illusion I'm getting because of the eyelashes. :joy: I'm sure the chin definitely differentiates looks between them.
    Maybe eye color's changing? Most of my sims usually get eye colors from anyone within the past few generations that are genetically related to them. There's also the whole "gray eyes" thing that results from blue eyed sims. It's realistic since it could happen irl, but it wasn't confirmed if it was a real feature or if the game's just trolling :'(

I haven't checked out genetics yet to see if anything changed with all the recent patches, but I know for sure that initial sim genes are sort of dominant until you start mixing them with other sims. When you get around 3-4 generations in, the gene pool is larger, especially if the sims involved in the first few have different defining features. :) I have a 4th generation child that had my patriarch's looks other than jaw/head shape. No one in the family had my patriarch's face until that kid. (Well, he's an elder now so he's not really a kid...)
    There was also another 4th generation child that inherited a 1st generation eye color, and a 6th generation child who inherited a 3rd generation hair and skin tone.
    Genetics are pretty fun to watch for in 4 in my opinion, I love it. :D

@Syrionia And their nose. The second one's nose bridge is wider than his brother's. :o Do I win a prize? xD
    I've had a situation like yours with two boys also, but mine are half brothers and are a life stage apart.
    DvcpQcX.png

The only difference between them is Jaden's eye color is lighter than Marq's. They both took after their mother aside from eye color, which they got from their dads.

Jaden's eye shape was from his mother (which was his grandfather's), but Marq's eye shape is from his townie dad's side. Without his beard scruff, Jaden and Marq are just... Twins in different generations... :joy:

3019f29486125ae97c4b348b8099d698.gif

My brother and I also look similar, though I'm more tanned than he is. We always tell people we're twins since we're both baby faced and everything so even though he's 3 years older than me, we look the same :joy:

• Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    i find all TS4 sims children look quite similiar :tongue:

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • mikes1987mikes1987 Posts: 854 Member
    06_04_16_1_15_10_PM.png
    06_04_16_1_14_58_PM.png

There are actual multi differences. My screen is an LED so my color is vibrant and what not. If you take note the older sister has different eye shape, eye brows, chin, and even skin tone. It is rare but it shows that the games genetics are still in play, it is neat but can also be a hassle. I've had a sim mom have a baby and the daughter looked like 90% dad 10% mom. I had to edit her and change her hair color and what not.
  • SyrioniaSyrionia Posts: 1,371 Member
    @Cement
    *gives cookie* :wink:
    That's crazy that they are so similar and aren't even brothers!
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited June 2016
    kokoro80 wrote: »

This, and from the picture it looks like the younger may have a slightly lighter skin tone. Children in this game all tend to look very alike to me. I don't start noticing big differences until they hit their teens.
    aching wrote: »
    I have seen it happen to real life sisters, you would swear they are identical twins except different ages.
    My real life brothers are like that. One is 7 years older than I and the other is 2 years younger than I but family photos of them at the same ages side by side (even still today) you'd swear you are looking at identical twins and not brothers who are 9 years of age apart.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • azsimmer1azsimmer1 Posts: 492 Member
    I see a difference in their faces.. there is a slight difference in the eyes, the checks, the chin and width of the face and in your first post the skin is a tiny bit darker.. But they look similar enough to show they are related.. I create alot of Sims and stare at alot of faces and your girls just look very close in looks but they both have a tiny difference..