Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The only issue I have with this update...

13...Next

Comments

• budewarminbudewarmin Posts: 371 Member
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    Schantal wrote: »
    Modders are already fixing the mesh issue, how is it that modders can fix it in under 24 hours when they are just ONE person with no budget, yet it took EA ONE YEAR to do....here is the very popular PickyPikachu explaining it.....

pickypikachu:

"Heres the problem, “female” meshes have more vertices in the breast area, that’s just the reality of how they set up the body templates. So when they converted male clothing they simply pushed out the vertices to somewhat match the female form, but there aren’t enough points to make it smooth and they didn’t bother to update the mesh. I don’t get how this took one year. The morph data is all over the place for the crotch area. Yes yes, good on them for being progressive and calling attention to this but I feel like deep down this was a publicity stunt and there was zero quality assurance. And then brushing it off by saying “we wanted to get this out there so it’s not perfect”. I’m mostly disappointed with this update. All that aside I am glad that a lot of you are loving it and finally making simselves that closely match yourselves and finally getting your characters into the clothing the belong in. But me, as a creator, cannot get over the sloppiness. Ugh"

That one person also has infinite time at their disposal and we do not. There were multiple people who were working on this. Those same people are always working on lots of other things at the same time. So comparing them to a single individual who has the free time available is unrealistic.

Unless she's unemployed and not actively looking for work, I imagine that modder has less time than Maxis staff.
    You guys have a minimum 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. She has a couple of hours after work and/or school, and 2 full days each weekend, assuming no other commitments.

Apples and oranges.

What I was thinking as well. :/
  • aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Modders are already fixing the mesh issue, how is it that modders can fix it in under 24 hours when they are just ONE person with no budget, yet it took EA ONE YEAR to do....here is the very popular PickyPikachu explaining it.....

pickypikachu:

"Heres the problem, “female” meshes have more vertices in the breast area, that’s just the reality of how they set up the body templates. So when they converted male clothing they simply pushed out the vertices to somewhat match the female form, but there aren’t enough points to make it smooth and they didn’t bother to update the mesh. I don’t get how this took one year. The morph data is all over the place for the crotch area. Yes yes, good on them for being progressive and calling attention to this but I feel like deep down this was a publicity stunt and there was zero quality assurance. And then brushing it off by saying “we wanted to get this out there so it’s not perfect”. I’m mostly disappointed with this update. All that aside I am glad that a lot of you are loving it and finally making simselves that closely match yourselves and finally getting your characters into the clothing the belong in. But me, as a creator, cannot get over the sloppiness. Ugh"

That one person also has infinite time at their disposal and we do not. There were multiple people who were working on this. Those same people are always working on lots of other things at the same time. So comparing them to a single individual who has the free time available is unrealistic.

Unless she's unemployed and not actively looking for work, I imagine that modder has less time than Maxis staff.
    You guys have a minimum 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. She has a couple of hours after work and/or school, and 2 full days each weekend, assuming no other commitments.

Apples and oranges.

But they can't devote their entire time to one particular thing. I mean, it took them a year to get this implemented.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

pickypikachu:

Apples and oranges.

So I guess we get no new packs or other content while the designers go through and correct every single item they missed? Maybe we should chain them to their workstations with 2 potty breaks a day till they're done? Yes, some stuff probably slipped through the cracks -- now they're aware and can fix them over the next several patches. That's a heck of a lot more response than we got to Sims 3 bugs.

Adding @SimGuruDrake to my <3 list along with @SimGuruSteve B)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • hihi122122hihi122122 Posts: 1,259 Member
    I read through the thread and I haven't seen anyone point out what I thought...I find that the masculine tops on females results in the 90s/early 2000s cone/triangle shaped bust. Haven't seen the square one so much. I wouldn't care as much if it wasn't such a stark difference to the normal female tops.
  • achingaching Posts: 51 Member
    i cant find anything in the options to take away anything from this new patch
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    edited June 2016
    Deleted.

After thinking about it, I believe this probably was a side project for a small, dedicated team of devs. Not a focus of Maxis as a whole.

Sure, modders can convert meshes better, and in less time than a 9-5 Mon-Fri dev team, but I'm having doubts that this was worked on 9-5, Mon-Fri. It's more likely that this was done in the downtime between expansions, or even on weekends and during lunch breaks.
    Post edited by kwanzaabot on
    wJbomAo.png
  • Audio_5urfAudio_5urf Posts: 655 Member
    played around with the new cas stuff and made a sim I like..
    fyi, there is some male tops that actually result in rounded breasts on females and not pointy 2000 lara croft ones. hard to find though

I envision Taylor as a pianist.. just the way he looks

1d71738c-9aaa-4e3e-ad21-f4e0b20b79f2_zpsncuzmtfy.png

6cee5721-f6e6-483e-a4a1-c2954d747cd6_zps7c0uhiyo.png

0f8e9bc1-becb-41c4-9181-18a0990626f6_zpsgg3jspdp.png

2d799d60-daa6-4bb4-abaf-a4200d53e959_zps9zx8kz3e.png

I thought he looked good, but i guess some townies disagree like some of the forum populace.

63adeadd-b193-41a5-8229-c7b96eb1ef1f_zpsijpntenm.png
    Lets make The Sims 4 great again!
    -- Origin ID: Audio5urf --
    Feel free to add me, and check out my gallery shenanigans.
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Got a problem with pointy breasts?
    14e4d3eab68f8e3443137294be1f0441.jpg

wJbomAo.png
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Audio_5urf wrote: »
    played around with the new cas stuff and made a sim I like..
    fyi, there is some male tops that actually result in rounded breasts on females and not pointy 2000 lara croft ones. hard to find though

I envision Taylor as a pianist.. just the way he looks

1d71738c-9aaa-4e3e-ad21-f4e0b20b79f2_zpsncuzmtfy.png

6cee5721-f6e6-483e-a4a1-c2954d747cd6_zps7c0uhiyo.png

0f8e9bc1-becb-41c4-9181-18a0990626f6_zpsgg3jspdp.png

2d799d60-daa6-4bb4-abaf-a4200d53e959_zps9zx8kz3e.png

I thought he looked good, but i guess some townies disagree like some of the forum populace.

63adeadd-b193-41a5-8229-c7b96eb1ef1f_zpsijpntenm.png

What? When and where did that moodlet came from? :o That's actually kind of cool! XD
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    They did address this in the patch notes/one of the articles (I forget). They said some of the things were harder to convert, but they went with the choice of giving people more options... Rather than leaving some things out because they weren't quite right.

Doesn't excuse the sloppy delivery of theirs. Fix it or remove it is all that needs to be said.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • SimsontheropeSimsontherope Posts: 291 Member
    When people say the patch don't change anything if you dont play with the new feature, it's not exactly true. Some clothes have been enabled by default (so, even if you don't change the options) for the other gender. Most of them are male pants and shoes, it wouldn't be a problem for me, if the conversion wasn't... just look at this picture :

tumblr_o85otnBFNa1svletjo4_r1_1280.png

Distorted meshes, deformed textures... it bother me a bit to see these clothes I can't use in this state, even if I don't play with the clothing preference. I really hope this will be corrected soon ! You can also find some short feminine haircut converted for male by default too, with a gap at the neck.

The three bottoms on the last line are enabled by default too, for male sims, so I guess townies can use them. And use these colors options that are maybe a bit too feminine on a random guy. Apart from that, most of the female bottom now available for male if you don't change the clothing preference look nice. Same for the acessories, I'm happy that I can now use watches on my female sims.

I realy like this new options, even if I'm not sure I will use it often, I just hope these issues on the converted clothes will be corrected soon ;)
    I'm thinking about creating a small mod to check the Feminine or Masculine options for these problematic clothes. That way, they won't clutter my catalog as long as they are not edited, but I can still use them If I need too, by simply changing the clothing preference of my sims.
    7FOHKlj.png
    Clothes, hairstyles, buildings, sims and objects available on my blog, Un Sims au Bout du Fil
    Origin ID simsontherope
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    As if any townie has the right to complain about a created Sims' wardrobe choices. LOL Most of the townies in my game look as if they grabbed clothes out of the dirty laundry basket without matching colors or style, so they should keep their opinions to themselves. LOL But that was a funny reaction.
  • halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    I noticed the square breasts. They need to fix it
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
    For some reason, my sims keep having a need to wash their hands more frequently along with an occasional glass of water..
  • NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    @Audio_5urf ditto on the hand washing - if I allow my sims to idle too long they are either washing their hands or getting a drink. So much fascination with water...
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
    @Nectere
    They do it so often since the patch that it took me an entire sim day before I realized that they were actually trying to clean a sink instead of obsessively wash their hands for once.