Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game getting more equality?

It is nice to see sims can wear any clothes regarding their gender. Wouldn't it be nice that the sims development actually create the first ever pre-made same sex couple into the game as well as surrogacy another way of having children genetically.?

Comments

• Options
    ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    Finbar659 wrote: »
    It is nice to see sims can wear any clothes regarding their gender. Wouldn't it be nice that the sims development actually create the first ever pre-made same sex couple into the game as well as surrogacy another way of having children genetically.?
    I wouldn't mind that. But if we get this much hate on the forums over this patch we just got. Don't you think the forums are going to explode and then die? XD
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member

They actually already have, in a Sim 3 world, Aurora Falls. Can't remember the name but it was there.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    More_MooreMore_Moore Posts: 408 Member
    Surrogacy <3 I'd really like it.
    Simmer since day one. Owns every Expansion and extras. Even the console games. XD

Feel free to chat me (I like games/RPGs, game dev, and animu/anime)
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    This is the first same-sex family in The Sims:
    http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Shear_family

There's also a family that is thought to be a same-sex couple in Aurora Skies, but they are just 'friends'...
  • Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Oh I haven't play the Sims 3 that much, but that is nice to see :)
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    I wish we had age equality.

Toddlers, where art tho?

Ahh... wouldn't that just have made todays patch perfect. *wishful dreaming*
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    achingaching Posts: 51 Member
    People don't have to be the same to be equal.
  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    equality for non religious, non conservative, sure!
  • Options
    mirta000 wrote: »

One can be religious and conservative without being discriminating or judgmental towards the beliefs of others. It all falls into the love thy neighbor, judge ye not unless ye be judged and let thee without sin cast the first stone. Thus one of reasons as to why complaints about post and thread being deleted has no merit.

nobody is discriminating. Feeling uncomfortable with male/male pregnancies or female/female pregnancies has as much merit as being uncomfortable with alien pregnancies. Not to mention some countries are very strict about the dress code and it's completely insensitive to not to think that this was going to happen.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Zafireria wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind that. But if we get this much hate on the forums over this patch we just got. Don't you think the forums are going to explode and then die? XD

Don't worry after the Dine Out Livestream there will be a lot of topics on that.
  • Options

Don't worry after the Dine Out Livestream there will be a lot of topics on that.

the topics will die before that. Unsatisfied people with no way to went will just leave.
  • Options
    Sim_LucentSim_Lucent Posts: 689 Member

the topics will die before that. Unsatisfied people with no way to went will just leave.

Were you not the one who created a YouTube video a few weeks ago that 'no one in the gaming industry is ever happy?' and went on to complain that even when it was proven that TS4 was doing quite well, people still believed it wasn't doing very well at all?

So in that same logic, where TS4 is allegedly doing well (I say allegedly, because we have no financial numbers) how do you think the amount of media hype they are now receiving will reflect poorly on them?

I've been checking out YouTube, FB, Reddit, etc.. there is so much excitement for this. This was not just a nice way for Maxis to be more inclusive in their games for all types of people.. it was brilliant in terms of marketing.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited June 2016

One can be religious and conservative without being discriminating or judgmental towards the beliefs of others. It all falls into the love thy neighbor, judge ye not unless ye be judged and let thee without sin cast the first stone. Thus one of reasons as to why complaints about post and thread being deleted has no merit.

nobody is discriminating. Feeling uncomfortable with male/male pregnancies or female/female pregnancies has as much merit as being uncomfortable with alien pregnancies. Not to mention some countries are very strict about the dress code and it's completely insensitive to not to think that this was going to happen.

Some countries are very strict about sexual orientation as well. In some countries, homosexuality is banned, and punishable by death. So EA have been insensitive to these countries for 16 years because same-sex relationships have been here since the start. But The Sims is and still continues to be one of the best-selling game franchises in history, whether you like it or not. o:)
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

Roaring Heights, from the TS3 store, had a lot of interesting Sims. I bought the world and here is a post I made in the old forum when I opened the world and looked around town.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/729985.page

The first time I open a new world I spend some time looking around, looking at the houses and checking into the townies. Store team I have to say you've made some interesting townies with some interwoven stories. You've piqued my interest and now I want to check everyone out. Kudos on your time and effort.

After looking around I chose the Welles-Davis household. They looked like an interesting couple. When I started to play I had no idea how interesting. Mark and Rita looked like an ordinary couple.....until I started investigating.

As I looked around their house I noticed that Mark had gone off some where. When I tracked him down I found him at the house of Virginia Supine. He was there alright.....flirting with Virginia. Not too unusual, but then I noticed that Virginia was in Rita's relationship panel...as a romantic interest. So Mark's wife has a little secret. What really added to the surprise was when I looked at Mark's relationship panel. He has a little secret of his own. Michael Dandy is listed as a romantic interest.....and yet there he was flirting with Virginia.

Store team you've created quite a little web here.....can't wait to see how this plays out.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member

Tootles then and watch the door when you level because it isn't going to wait for you sugar coat you so called "concerns".

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    Swiftlover13Swiftlover13 Posts: 2,369 Member

Tootles then and watch the door when you level because it isn't going to wait for you sugar coat you so called "concerns".

This is malicious.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member

I'm pretty sure there was one couple in sims 3? I think?

Also, there is something similar to Into The Future pack with Genetic Engineering. That'd be cool to have that option again. :smile:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    LightfieldLightfield Posts: 12,450 Member
    edited June 2016
    Surrogacy! Oh how I would love that! (I let one of my gay sims "inseminate" a woman by woohoo, and that felt awkward. I just imagine their respective flirting being all; "You're looking good. ;)"
    "Thank you, and so do you. We'll create beautiful children. ;) ...wait, I'm just gonna get a drink before it, I can't do this sober!") Surrogacy would be so much better than that! :D
    Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange and pretend you're laughing at it.
  • Options
    xtahwyashctibxtahwyashctib Posts: 39 Member

LOL really? You are going to continue this in every thread you enter, aren't you? Hope the mods take out the trash soon.
  • Options
    JouvayJouvay Posts: 834 Member
    edited June 2016

You're acting like Maxis is forcing you to go into options and make your sims gay or make your male sims wear dresses.They aren't, just ignore these options entirely and it won't be an issue. It's not an issue for Townies, they will be generated as normal. It's an option for those who want greater customization for their sims. Why lose your plums over something so simple?
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited June 2016
    Next step: no Life Stage restrictions

All the CAS content will be available for Baby, (toddler), child, teen, YA, adult and elder :p
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    well i am 1 of those simmers that did not went those option and i also went the gallery to restore the proper filters its not acceptable nor is it apropriate for male sims to be wearing female clothes
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(