Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Update Keeps Having Issues

After a certain point (it varies) while downloading (very, very slowly on my poor internet) there will be an error while updating, and when I resume it goes back a number of percentages... From 27% down to 22% the last time.

I've cleared the Origin cache and at first I thought it helped but now it seems to be doing it again. :-( I'd like to play my Sims game, any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited June 2016
    if you havent yet reboot computer and turn off other programs that use the internet like web browser and connect computer directly to router and confirm wifi is off if applicable

the patch is large in size plus internet connection and speed play a big role. its also possible there is heavy traffic at origin servers so you could try later if you have never had issues before

as for the progress going down thats normal its a way the files try not to corrupt so think of it this way if a file is only half installed and the internet connection is too slow to complete it it gets scrapped and the installation starts over

hopefully thats helpful and good luck
  • StilleWaterStilleWater Posts: 1,566 Member
    If you play MODs, stop update and pull MODs folder and put somewhere temporary. Maybe even pull your saves folder and then restart Origin and game again. May be something incompatable.
    7FXGVZ1.jpg?1
  • achingaching Posts: 51 Member
    I am having trouble too. My net runssolely on wifi.
  • ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    My only advice is to stop the download and repair the game.
  • siennaSTARsiennaSTAR Posts: 739 Member
    To anyone still reading this, I finally got it DL'd, even after closing out all other internet connections it still had a few problems, but less so than before. I suppose it's just because I've never DL'd a patch so large before, but I've never had this problem even on this shoddy internet so it surprised me! Thanks for the advice though everyone.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    siennaSTAR wrote: »
    To anyone still reading this, I finally got it DL'd, even after closing out all other internet connections it still had a few problems, but less so than before. I suppose it's just because I've never DL'd a patch so large before, but I've never had this problem even on this shoddy internet so it surprised me! Thanks for the advice though everyone.

Hello,
    I am glad that you were able to get the patch downloaded :)