Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Express Yourself!

Comments

• GirklGirkl Posts: 254 Member
    Am only updating as we speak so have yet to test things in-game,but if the patch notes are implemented as they read and if those changes work as intended then this looks like it will be a great patch,for more reasons than just the unisex/gender alterations. Although on that topic,I do struggle with Sims 4 letting me 'rule' at times,so as far as I'm concerned the more options for all,the better. Even if the specific changes weren't ones I wanted (in this case am all for them),having bemoaned what I find as limitations sometimes it would have been churlish of me not to support any additional options they throw at me (optional being the pertinent word,which this patch seems intended as-now to hope they work out that way so everyone can be happy :) )
    "It's better to be over the hill than under it"
  • TheSimerTheSimer Posts: 1,007 Member
    I just made this sim and i LOVE her, she looks so amazing with the male hairstyle

Yj1nIRS.png?1
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    LunaNova wrote: »
    So the upcoming Patch will be adding improved lighting and over 700 CAS Part Conversions? I didn't expect to get such a big and, I personally think, progressive and inclusive patch. I thought they were just working on like maybe 20 conversions xD

Me too. I was like "oh just a couple base game conversions? Sweet." But I wasn't expecting this! Super stoked.

Apparently they spent like a year on this, I'm actually very proud of The Sims Team. It's sad they're getting some backlash cause to be honest, if society didn't dictate what clothing or what hairstyle fits a gender, then people would be used to this already. Well I think that anyways xD can't wait to see peoples' expressions after the update! :)

Honestly today I am prouder than ever to be part of the sims community. So few games even include trans-gender characters or the option to make one. I mean hell allot of games still dont even allow same sex marriage! I would have been happy with just the clothing conversions but the other features mentioned are just plum beautiful.

'Franklin also noted players can now change their Sims' gender at any time and specify whether they can reproduce with other characters. She said Maxis worked with the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender advocacy group GLAAD on the update, including following a suggestion to remove gender symbols associated with characters in the game's gallery.

"Creating the possibility for greater gender diversity within the world of 'The Sims' is an exciting development," said Nick Adams, director of GLAAD's transgender media program. "It was a pleasure working with developers who were committed to updating the game so that all players can create a Sims world that more accurately reflects the world in which we live today."'

I am so happy they spoke to people about doing this. People inside the LGBT community that know what its like and how to approach the situation.

People can say what they want about Entertainment Arts, but it's one of the most progressive companies out there. I think I'm happier about this patch more because others are happy about it and can finally express themselves :)

It's Eletronic Arts
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited June 2016
    nononono, oooh child never in a million years.

screen_shot_2016_06_02_at_1_39_56_pm_by_mphattyboi-da4ufgp.png
    this style only belongs to his sister
    screen_shot_2016_06_02_at_1_40_06_pm_by_mphattyboi-da4ufge.png

never have I ever hit the undo button faster than I did today.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • dreita95dreita95 Posts: 237 Member
    knazzer wrote: »
    Finally can be creative with the CAS option, one of the best things to happen the Sims 4 in a long time. So much more flexibility and creativeness.

757e5e76-3df8-4189-8f30-62dc603ac274.png~original

0a92dc32-4bc3-4d16-8a78-208e2aa63452.png~original

YAAAAAAS dreadlocks, I have been waiting for this for such a long time omg <3
    Analogue at birth, digital by design.
  • kokoro80kokoro80 Posts: 651 Member
    edited June 2016
    01PdjWf.png6FfELFo.png3U5krRm.pngjHgjsjE.png

So many options :D
    Is anyone her who knows who she is? xD
    AzMO6Gp.png?1
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    I really love the new possibilities! Though I just checked the options, still haven't actually chosen anything...

Sadly I don't think my computer can handle the new lighting, but I can live without it I guess... :sweat_smile:
  • keenowkeenow Posts: 549 Member
    @TheSimer Is it Cassandra?

keenow wrote: »
    @TheSimer Is it Cassandra?

It is no one from the sims series. More like a european celebrity
  • aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Lol, it's Conchita.
  • knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    TheSimer wrote: »
    Is anyone her who knows who she is? xD
    AzMO6Gp.png?1

Finally I can have her in my game :smiley:
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    kokoro80 wrote: »
    01PdjWf.png6FfELFo.png3U5krRm.pngjHgjsjE.png

So many options :D

Lol, those clothes look so much better on gals than guys.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    I had my main Sims swop hairstyles...
    tumblr_o85qjzi79i1v8k7elo1_1280.jpg
    Adam isn't doing so well if I'm honest. Stephanie on the other hand looks great with male hairstyles:
    tumblr_o85qjzi79i1v8k7elo2_1280.jpg

And I've done a set of Who wore it Better? shots for them - made a thread for that, would be nice to see what other Simmers come up with.
    tumblr_o85qgaUIXi1v8k7elo4_1280.jpg
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Maylee2Maylee2 Posts: 179 Member
    I had my main Sims swop hairstyles...
    tumblr_o85qjzi79i1v8k7elo1_1280.jpg
    Adam isn't doing so well if I'm honest. Stephanie on the other hand looks great with male hairstyles:
    tumblr_o85qjzi79i1v8k7elo2_1280.jpg

And I've done a set of Who wore it Better? shots for them - made a thread for that, would be nice to see what other Simmers come up with.
    tumblr_o85qgaUIXi1v8k7elo4_1280.jpg

Love it!
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    I thought I wouldn't like the long and flippy hair on males, but I love it. Reminds me of my Saints Row character lol
    Really a lot of the clothes look nice on both. It's definitely nice to have more standard t-shirts and hoodies for females.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
    I think the female capri pants from Get Together look really good on my male Sims, and the long male hair from Movie Hangout looks great on females.
  • LightfieldLightfield Posts: 12,450 Member
    edited June 2016
    My game ran a bit slow, so I didn't have much time to experiment, but I did play dress-up for a while.

I find her absolutely dashing like this.
    8RGKuUE.png

...and the guy in my avatar just messed around a bit, having a good time before returning to his regular, dude-ish clothes.
    8kNOQdA.png
    Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange and pretend you're laughing at it.
  • tinaestelletinaestelle Posts: 201 Member
    Omg I love this patch so much! All of this new content for both genders is amazing, I'm going to be giving all of my sims makeovers now, and I'm also so surprised at how many of the hairstyles fit perfectly on both genders!

Anyway, I thought it would be fun to give Bob Pancakes a makeover, so here he is flaunting his new identity as 'Maple Syrup', the new drag queen in town! :smiley:

tumblr_o85pggeJhG1tj6sf3o1_1280.png

I think he looks drop dead gorgeous! I'm going to have so much fun with this new feature. :mrgreen:

YASSSSSSSSSSS 🐸🐸🐸🐸!! WERK
    Holy plum, Bob Pancakes is a total babe. :o
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    meeoun wrote: »
    I sure hope there's options with this. Elated that my game will now resemble the Rocky Horror Picutre Show.

@meeoun I can't wait to try and make Rocky and the cast for Halloween! I hadn't even thought of that until I read your post. LOL!
  • kokoro80kokoro80 Posts: 651 Member
    Got some more...
    z5n9ENS.png1nZhb3c.png
    TfzrWt9.pngDOlxzpR.png
  • NoogsterNoogster Posts: 627 Member
    edited June 2016
    I'm back from school and I'm almost done updating! :#
    I'm trying to keep myself together! I can finally make a simself!