Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

not to happy that the hair is unisex since the last patch

hello @SimGuruDrake @SimGuruPanda and the rest of the team please fix a major issue issue since the last patch witch is the unisex hair please put it back before the most recent patch female sim hair for female and male sim hair for male sims thank you
If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(

Comments

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited May 2016
    I think townie filters just need to be implemented for them and other things. I grew up a tomboy myself, so I don't mind the shorter hairstyles personally. I wouldn't mind having a filter options for townies since it would benefit everyone.
    Post edited by Scobre on
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    It's a good step forward that they made it unisex so that it allows for a greater (albeit slightly) amount of creativity. Just because it is now an option does not deem it an "issue."
  • Mizz_Creative48Mizz_Creative48 Posts: 1,044 Member
    They're not going to change it back over one complaint. Don't use the hairstyles.
  • dafadollydafadolly Posts: 1,215 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    I think townie filters just need to be implemented for them and other things. I grew up a tomboy myself, so I don't mind the shorter hairstyles personally.

Agreed, mainly for the kids though since they are the only ones I could end up not being able to tell them apart.
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    They only unisexed 2 hairs for females right now and there's already loads of short hair female townies spawn with. Maybe request a filter like Scobre suggested, but they aren't removing them from one complaint (I'd surely hope not at least)
    dafadolly wrote: »
    Agreed, mainly for the kids though since they are the only ones I could end up not being able to tell them apart.
    Yeah, I get kids mixed up more often than I'd like to admit :s
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    sorry op but I clearly do not want this to be changed.

(Sorry I couldn't resist!)

On a serious note there is no issue about this.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    It's not just one complaint. I would like filters for my townies. Always have, many reasons. And I would like to know what is in any required patch before installing. The OP has the right to express what makes them unhappy about the game. Several of my Sims wear eyeliner (townies) and to be honest it's not that attractive and looks like they have a black eye. Eyeliner is a very thin line with skilled hand not something from a horror movie. So thick it looks like someone poked their eye with a mascara stick. I need filters for my townies.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited May 2016
    They're not going to change it back over one complaint. Don't use the hairstyles.

It's not one complaint, and people are getting frustrated they have no control over random Sim generation for many reasons. Now, not only can you not tell what life stage a Sim is, but their gender will be a mystery too. I hope unisex hairstyles will, by default, be disabled for random Sims until we have a means of choosing what features we want in the mix of randomly generated Sims.

I would say there is indeed an issue when people have no control over what changes in their game through patches. Additionally, random Sim generation is also quite an issue.
  • Mizz_Creative48Mizz_Creative48 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

It's not one complaint, and people are getting frustrated they have no control over random Sim generation for many reasons. Now, not only can you not tell what life stage a Sim is, but their gender will be a mystery too. I hope unisex hairstyles will, by default, be disabled for random Sims until we have a means of choosing what features we want in the mix of randomly generated Sims.

I would say there is indeed an issue when people have no control over what changes in their game through patches. Additionally, random Sim generation is also quite an issue.

Oh ok. My townies for that game already look bad because the cc some are generated with doesn't match anything. I want a way to turn off townies being able to use cc. I think I'd still be able to them apart with unisex hair just fine, I mainly can't tell which ones are teens or young adults unless I create them myself

I would love for my game to stop generating those pear shaped men in my game. Tiny pear shaped shoulders, with wide hips. It's just weird. Not too many people I know in real life have that body type for it to be that prominent in my game.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Cinebar wrote: »

I would love for my game to stop generating those pear shaped men in my game. Tiny pear shaped shoulders, with wide hips. It's just weird. Not too many people I know in real life have that body type for it to be that prominent in my game.
    LOL, I think I have the opposite pear shaped in my game. Usually wide shoulders and small hips. I wonder if there can be a filter for body shapes and unisex hairs added to the MC Command Center mod at least.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller

LOL, I think I have the opposite pear shaped in my game. Usually wide shoulders and small hips. I wonder if there can be a filter for body shapes and unisex hairs added to the MC Command Center mod at least.

That mod is going to be bigger than the game one of these days.

That mod is going to be bigger than the game one of these days.
    LOL I could see that.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    @Mizz_Creative48 say for your story telling you have a male sim kid and has an older sister thats just age to a young adult and say in your story that he needs a hair cut and finds out that he has the female long hair because he the ring barer at is sister wedding and that for the formal tux he wearing he needs short hair what would you do because you have no control of what hair infant male sims get when aging from baby to child witch force us to enter create a sim and give or sims the hair needed in order for the story to advance and also i would like to give a big thank you to @Scobre for helping keep this thread in order if you need any sims feel free to pm me anytime
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

• Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member

Oh ok. My townies for that game already look bad because the cc some are generated with doesn't match anything. I want a way to turn off townies being able to use cc. I think I'd still be able to them apart with unisex hair just fine, I mainly can't tell which ones are teens or young adults unless I create them myself

Yeah, a lot of generated Sims don't really seem that attractive to me either, honestly.

I have to say, the unisex hairstyles added in the last patch fit in very well with either gender IMHO. I'm more concerned about random Sim generation when/if males have the ability to have some female hair.
  • VoeilleVoeille Posts: 474 Member
    Randomisation can sometimes have weird results not only with respect to hair.
    rDvPVcn.png

It was a townie generated in September 2014, I’m not sure how much generating sims improved, if at all.

As for unisex hair, it’s fine for me personally, it gives more possibilities while creating a sim, but I do agree that we should be able to easily decide which items should be banned from randomisation.
    “Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
    Pond & Sea Water Overhaul (TS2)
    Simblr (my TS2 CC)
    MTS Profile
  • WissaWolfWissaWolf Posts: 636 Member
    I don't like the idea of this at all.. I am all for gender neutrality, considering I am a feminist, but this update shouldn't be forced on everyone. There should be an option to disable it under settings. I hope a mod is released to revert it to the way it used to be.
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Townie generation needs an overhaul imo. I've never seen any attractive generated townies either, they spawn in a mess of accesories (like combos of evening gowns, baseball caps, and opera gloves) and overall tend to look samey. Male townies seem to always spawn with hips at max width and shoulders at minimum width, females will have the same rotund stomach even if they're fairly thin, lots of big square jaws, huge lips, and asian eyes, completely random looking families, etc. I knows it's easy to take them into CAS, but still I just want some variety.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • MarleyTheWizardMarleyTheWizard Posts: 962 Member
    I'm ecstatic about the unisex hair, hope they do something similar with the rest of the CAS items!

but I also understand that this is not every ones taste and if you have a story lp with a theme it gets really frustrating.
    A filter or some kind NPS/townie CAS setting/restricting would be nice.

I don't mind giving the children a makeover, it's realistic to me. as a infant I was born with blue eyes and really dark (looks black in some photos) hair, around 4-5 my eyes had turned to green and my hair lightened.

Also know of a lot of boy that have or had long hair of their own free will. biggest reason for a haircut is that they don't want to brush it.

@friendlysimmers
    It's time consuming, but one option is to go in and edit sim "townies" that are in they mange world gallery.
    Bad explanation, but do you get what I mean?

For the wedding situation... I would either do the cheat, find a mirror, dresser or have one of those new dresser in the venue.
    there you can also change the outfit (including hair?) of NPC.

I Sometimes Tweet About The Sims 4
    Gallery ID: MarleyTheWizard
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,547 Member
    Whilst I do not have a problem with unisex hair, a game like this should always be about maximum options.

The fact that patches are forced upon people is a very bad thing for player choice, though I can understand why it has to be that way. But, to compensate for the compulsory patches, they should add filters and options in to the game.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    Whilst I do not have a problem with unisex hair, a game like this should always be about maximum options.

The fact that patches are forced upon people is a very bad thing for player choice, though I can understand why it has to be that way. But, to compensate for the compulsory patches, they should add filters and options in to the game.

thank you @elanorbreton sure the patch may give us useful things but the when we patch the content in the patch do not always fit depending on the simmer play style or game play we all play diffrently after all

• NetteNette Posts: 205 Member
    Filters, filter filters. Please EA, DO NOT REMOVE gender neutral things in this game. I want to make my drag queens fabulous without cc. Just give us the tools to keep the sparkly dresses away from the townies. They are not allowed to be as sassy as my own sims.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,185 Member
    Honestly to me they should just be male, and female hairstyles. With some hair styles to be uni sex.
    edited May 2016
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    Townie generation needs an overhaul imo. I've never seen any attractive generated townies either, they spawn in a mess of accesories (like combos of evening gowns, baseball caps, and opera gloves) and overall tend to look samey. Male townies seem to always spawn with hips at max width and shoulders at minimum width, females will have the same rotund stomach even if they're fairly thin, lots of big square jaws, huge lips, and asian eyes, completely random looking families, etc. I knows it's easy to take them into CAS, but still I just want some variety.

They are about as attractive as the TS2 townie pool which no one would let their Sims marry. It hasn't improved (townie generating) in twelve years. I actually think TS1 had the better looking and most interesting looking townies. But they were all clones, too.
  • SimFan298SimFan298 Posts: 1,079 Member
    In my opinion, townies already randomly generate with the worst wardrobe imaginable. I don't want to see a male, buffed-up steroids townie wearing pigtails.

Unless this doesn't happen. In that case, I don't have a problem.
    Origin ID: theAidster21

The Sims has always been an important part of my life, and may it continue to be so! Long live Sims!

[Due to some kind of glitch, I am unable to insert photos into my signature for some reason.]